Growing Up, I was RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan!

duh-rye-won

"if you don't translate that now, i'm going to punch you in your fucking mouth."

maybe i was out of line, but i really just don't give a fuck.

the production department of my company consists of 2 fucktards who consistently fuck things up and give me an attitude. i can deal with people who suck at their job but are friendly. i can also deal with assholes who do good work. i can not however, deal with morons who make mistakes which completely fuck me over, and give me an attitude to boot.

(breif background for those of you who don't know me... i am from new york but i moved to hong kong and am the art director/senior product designer of a toy company)

for the most part, i get along really well with everyone in my company. i really go out of my way to be cool with people, and try to overcome the "all americans are douchebags" stereotype. unfortunately, there is no way to avoid catching some amount of resentment. i make a lot more money than these people and everyone knows it. i am also cool with my boss, the owner of the company, who everyone else is terrified of. i get treated better than they do. i get treated with respect, and they don't. my boss knows that he can get away with shit with the hong kong staff that he would never pull on me. so it's not my fucking fault that i make 5 times as much as people twice my age and it's also not my fault that my boss respects me and pisses all over everyone else.

back to the 2 obnoxious fucks in the production department. (production dept., deals with the factories and modelmakers and are basically the go between for turning my designs into products) we've got Fannie and Kei. Fannie is an ugly middle aged moron, about as smart as a bowl of white rice. Kei is an obnoxious prick, the same age as me. Fanny and Kei have an annoying little habit of speaking to each other in cantonese while the three of us are having a meeting, and then looking at me and laughing.

that is some seriosuly rude shit. even if the joke isn't directed at me, i dont give a fuck. don't pull that shit. i lost my cool with them about it once before, and decided i wouldn't deal with them anymore unless someone was present who could translate. their english sucks, but we can get by without a translator with their shitty english and my shitty cantonese. but a month ago i got so fed up with their attitudes and garbage, i refused to deal with them without someone else to help things go smootly.

so a month has gone by and i forget about my demand for always having someone their to help the meetings go smoothly, and what does Kei do? that stupid fuck says something to Fannie in cantonese, they look me dead in the eye, and they start laughing in my face.

so i lose my cool.

i grab Kei by his mobile phone which is dangling around his neck by a strap and pull him towards me. I tell him to tell me what the fuck he said or i was gonna hit him. Fannie FREAKS THE FUCK OUT and starts screaming. i let go of KEI and walk out of the office. as i'm leaving Kei starts saying that he will not work for this company anymore, if i don't get fired, because he was physically threatened.

so now i'm back in the design department which is on a different floor in the same building. my boss is out of town, so nothing can really be done at this point.

my contract is up in decmber anyway and still havent decided if i want to stay or not. i doubt i'd get canned for this. my boss will probably think it's funny. hard to tell.

that's my story for today. update tomorrow.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_Tesseract

Dude thats the rudest thing ever and i'm a foreigner aswell...i never ever pulled the funny secret language trick on the street let alone work.

You did well and to be honest, you shoulda smack that bitch in the face...all this time you should carry a small recorder with you and directly record the cantonese retartness.

I used to have this strange idea in the back of my head that the majority of asian people were generally nicer than the rest of the population for some reason. I think it comes from that stereo type of Asians as being very courteous and responsible to uphold their honour or whatever.

After having to deal with more and more of them I've realised this is total bullshit. The douchebag to courteous citizen ratio in the amongst the Asian population (also known as "dem yello niggas" ) is exactly the same as with any other race.

Anyway for some reason your story reminds me of Toshiba's Castle. You should make both of them run into a brick wall by disguising it as a rice paper door.

Hell yeah iquit. That shit pisses me off too. Japanese people don't do it that much, just mostly rich yakuza wannabe guys do that. I never do shit cause they're always with about ten of their friends. I just stare until they look away. But your approach was probably more effective than mine. ;)

I got irritated reading that shit. You did the right thing.

If you're as cool with you're as cool with your boss as you claim, i would take the initiative and bring this to his attention as soon as possible, explaining the situation in a calm manner.

Bad ass what you did but in todays day and age, outbursts like that can follow you but in this case, I think it might be swept under the rug.

its china, nothing will happen.

i work with loads of folks from hk, they do this all the time at my office. and i know some bad words in cantonese, so i can occasionally pick out when theyre swearing at my boss. it drives me crazy when people do that. so i do it back in italiano, with another coworker who understands a bit.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by seeking@Oct 18 2004, 11:53 AM

like a jackie chan movie.

sometimes you gotta speak to them in a language they understand, ya know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

beat dat azn's azz boi

Nah but I would of done the same shit. Talking shit is one thing, but the whole thing with the language barrier makes it so much worse.

Get a picture of a tiny little asian dick and a picture of the guy and do a little photoshop..then post the tiny dick flick all over your place of employment, or places he frequents, or all over his street.

sounds like all of you need to act professional. its a business environment. if this was the usa you wouldnt touch your co-worker cuz you could get sued for a lot of things.

it sounds like your co-workers are ethnocentric racists, which is fairly typical when encountering people abroad. a lot of people have misconceptions about americans which is very unfortunate.

people hate america because we have a strong military and are very dominant economically and open society/culture. i know it sounds like republican bullshit but its really true.

hearing shit like that i know what your talking about its happened to me. it makes you want to go back to the usa and dwell with your own people.