>>>>GROW UP!!!<<<<

mr_president

reading this book called: GROW UP! how taking responsibility can make you a happy adult.

thought some of you people in your teens would be interested in this page i read so far, haha, and the ending of the first chapter... i wish someone would have told me about it...

here goes:

right before this it was talking about people who blame their mistakes or misfortunes on others, or other things, making excuses and running from responsibility etc...:

"Theyu have defined themselves as victims of imperfect love or imperfect luck somewhere along the road to adulthood, and so they have not yet become grown ups-- and, the are quick to assure you, it is not their fault.

Some of them are striving to learn how to be grown ups even though they have never really known one. they know they are missing something, and they want to learn it. Not having been raised by healthy, functioning adults, all they can do is guess at what is normal.

Some of them are adult children, people who have had some pain or disappointment in their lives and are now waiting for someone else to come along to kiss it and make it better. Adult children give nothing back since they believe they weren't given enough in the first place. They owe no loyalty to others but they expect others to take care of them and are angry when they don't.

Some of them are stuck in perpetual adolescence, seeing themselves as powerless in a world filled with powerful adults, lacking the self confidence to strive for the rewards their bloated self esteem craves, seeing everyone else less as fellow human beings than as barriers to the great nipple of life they want to suck. And even as they exhaust us with their interminable self absorbtion, they are furious when anyone expects them to follow the same rules as everyone else.

But ofcourse i get to see people at their best; people who are learning to deal with imperfect mates, forebears, and offspring; people who are coping with the daunting realities of life, finding strength, developing wisdom, and teaching me the secrets of both survival and ahppiness as the share with me the tragedies and comedies of their crisis-filled lives."

"I have found the secret to happiness in adulthood. It is responsibility --responsibility for yourself, your life, your choices, your world, and especially your loved ones."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

...the great nipple of life..

never heard it put quite like that. people that qualify the statement above, in my experience, also suffer from the poor me complex. sometimes it's enough to suck the life right out of you.

Some of them are stuck in perpetual adolescence, seeing themselves as powerless in a world filled with powerful adults, lacking the self confidence to strive for the rewards their bloated self esteem craves, seeing everyone else less as fellow human beings than as barriers to the great nipple of life they want to suck. And even as they exhaust us with their interminable self absorbtion, they are furious when anyone expects them to follow the same rules as everyone else.

thats a good description of tease

hhahahahahahahahahahahah hes reading a self-help book hahahahaha what a fucking loser

Originally posted by ARCEL

thats a good description of tease

hhahahahahahahahahahahah hes reading a self-help book hahahahaha what a fucking loser

it is a good description of me, its right on the money actually... sorry im not as cool as you.

i hope i run across you one day, and i hope youre a little punk ass kid that i can beat up, hahaha, id sure like to kill you...

Originally posted by shaolinmasta

tease mr president whateva what the fuck are you reading a book like that at your age ur a fucken lil bitch man shit have a fucken whinge u slut and im bangin ur mexican chick girlfriend so shut tha fuck up and move on bitch:lol:

youre a fucking cornball to you stupid fucking aussie... go fuck a kangaroo...

Originally posted by mr_president

i hope i run across you one day, and i hope youre a little punk ass kid that i can beat up, hahaha, id sure like to kill you...

oh grow up.

anyway, hope you get something out of the book

but take it for whats its worth

there are tons upon tons of self help books out there

and they are all created equal

Some of them are adult children, people who have had some pain or disappointment in their lives and are now waiting for someone else to come along to kiss it and make it better. Adult children give nothing back since they believe they weren't given enough in the first place. They owe no loyalty to others but they expect others to take care of them and are angry when they don't.

add coccaine to this statement, and you have a perfect description of my ex-roommate.

thank god i dont live there anymore.

Archived