Ground pounding 8-second terror

KRONOLOGIK

:eek:Think back, for a few minutes, to the first time you felt the surge of acceleration provided by a turbocharged car. For mostof us, that was a defining moment in life: The first time the small of your back was pushed into the seat, fighting against the expanding g-forces as the boost built and sent you rocketing down the road in an unforgettable rush of acceleration.

Now multiply that feeling times 1000 hp, add the increased traction of four-wheel drive and take into account the colossal effects that racing slicks have on propelling a car forward and you have the A'PEX V-MAX Pro Skyline. With a best quarter-mile time to date of :loopy:8.47 seconds at more than 165 mph, the Skyline lives up to its very Japanese V-MAX namesake--Velocity Maximum.

That's right, 1000 hp---a number more often heard in the NHRA ranks of drag racing than the import scene...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest amorphic

I have a honda. It is 117 hp. It doesn't have v-tec. It doesn't have power windows. Sometimes the gate for 2nd gear sticks a bit. beat that suckazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:D

All that power, believe it or not, is generated from the R33 Skyline's stock displacement of 2.6 litres and is attained at 28 lbs of boost. The barely oversquare RB26DETT powerplant uses readily available off-the-shelf A'PEX cams, valve springs and connecting rods round out internal mods to the mill. Twin 90-mm Infiniti airflow meters feed two IHI turbochargers.

:eek: In other words this car is fuckin DANGEROUS!!

Guest platapie
Originally posted by IntangibleFame

you ever ride in a airplane? there pretty fast.

i hear the space shuttle has got some pull.

Originally posted by KRONOLOGIK

All that power, believe it or not, is generated from the R33 Skyline's stock displacement of 2.6 litres and is attained at 28 lbs of boost. The barely oversquare RB26DETT powerplant uses readily available off-the-shelf A'PEX cams, valve springs and connecting rods round out internal mods to the mill. Twin 90-mm Infiniti airflow meters feed two IHI turbochargers.

:eek: In other words this car is fuckin DANGEROUS!!

I'm going to pretend like I know what that means.

yeah those turbogforcerators will fuck it up on some over-shock cam roaters.

1000 hp? That's really nothing on an RB26DETT...

There is a guy in Austrailia who has an R33 that makes over 1200 hp to all four wheels...it has an 11,000 rpm redline. Speaking of which, when it was put on the dyno, it produced so much wheelspin that the horsepower numbers produced were not accurate. It'll be a very quick car once it stops snapping driveshafts.

The HKS R33 drag car has a record ET of 7.671 @ 181.98 mph. wow.

i have to build my dream car..

RB26DETT powered bluebird coupe with all the AWD shite, etc. bluebird body stretched and flared to fit over the skyline chassis.

either that, or just get an R34.

i saw one at a local shop once.. silver with the anthricite wheels.

specs on that model: flaccid to whangtastic in 2.4 seconds.

the dude that owned it was buying all redline oils (like 2 cases $$) and talking about the turbo upgrade sitting on his coffee table at home. fucker.

:confused:Shit Bueller 7.671qtr.@1200hp I don't know what that guy did to his R33 but that's a pretty substantial increase. Not to contradict your stats but I'd like to see that. A huge A'PEX Drag Series intercooler replaces the Skyline's already oversised stock unit routing air through a single 83-mm Infinity throttle body instead of the GT-R's stock setup of six individual throttle bodies. One hundred and four octane racing fuel reaches the combustion chambers via 1000 cc/minute fuel injectors. A relatively low compression ratio of 9.3:1 sustains engine life at a maximum boost level of more than 40 psi. Although capable of running such inordinately high boost. With more than enough power on hand, higher boost would likely only result in more tire spin and slower ETs.

Again, not callin ya a liar but I would seriously like to see that. Did you see that in a magazine or something? :confused:

Okay, so where's the pissed-off posts from the tree huggers? Come on, these guys are flying around town in cars that have as much horesepower as a generator plant. Not to mention the sucking up of mucho petroleum products and production of tons of emissions. That's gotta be worth some eye-scorching paragraphs.

Archived