1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

'Groove' the movie

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by amerika, Jul 28, 2002.

1. amerika

amerika New Jack

'Groove' the movie

Discussion started by amerika - Jul 28, 2002

This is an awesome movie, if you like ravers or not. It's a movie about these promoters that set up a dope venue in this abandoned warehouse, and shows the whole party throughout the night. The movie has dope sets by DJ Snaz, Polywog, and my favorite...Digweed! Lots of hard house, lots of good trance, and it gives the common person a look into the underground scene. It shows all the aspects of the common 'raver', new school, oldschool, kandy kid, haters, and the common drug user. Check it out, it'll definately be worth your time...it's the best sundance film i've seen in awhile.

amerika - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. swif1

swif1 12oz Veteran Member

swif1 - Replied Jul 28, 2002

sasha and digweed pack a mean punch.

swif1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  3. amerika

amerika New Jack

amerika - Replied Jul 28, 2002

ah yes, digweed never seizes to amaze me. i can't believe how coolheaded he is, and still pulls off those dangerous sets...definately an amazing DJ. global underground is where it's at.

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Jul 28, 2002

If you like Groove, check out Human Traffic.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. amerika

amerika New Jack

'Seamless' is kinda like groove too, but you've got to have a knack for weirder movies...

6. VANDALISTIKO

VANDALISTIKO 12oz Junior Member

VANDALISTIKO - Replied Jul 28, 2002

isnt that an oxymoron

VANDALISTIKO - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  7. amerika

amerika New Jack

and on comes the slew of rational remarks about techno!

8. Matthew13

Matthew13 12oz Member

Matthew13 - Replied Jul 28, 2002

Man, that movie fuckin' sucks. That was one of the dullest steryotypical movies I have ever seen. And I'm not saying this 'cause I can't stand ravers...at the point of my life when I saw it, I was drivin' around the country goin' to raves and poppin' pills like they were goin' out of style. But I was still smart enough to know a bad script when I saw one.

Matthewi'mrollin'thirteen.

Matthew13 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

87centHitMan - Replied Jul 28, 2002

I've never even seen "Groove" Even though every single one of my friends have...I don't really care to see it. I've heard that it really glorifies the drug use, and the stupidest thing about that movie is the fact that they have John Digweed playing at some underground rave, yeah, right. Firstoff seeing John Digweed at a rave period is next to impossible. Most of the big europe dj's Play in clubs overseas and in various other places around the world, but never at a rave in the usa. And if he was to play, it would be some stupid massive that costs $50 to get in, commercialized as fuck, and it would be full of dumbasses that have no clue how to party. I think the the whole Idea of a "rave" movie is retarded. Any idiot can walk down to blockbuster rent it to see the amazing underground way of those crazy ecstacy-eating ravers. And fuck, there is no such thing as the 'underground scene' Not to sound like some jaded prick , but parties just get less and less like I remember them to be. Every time I go to a party I just wander around wishing that they were real again...But it's really the government's fault. The cops and the DEA want to kill all the parties because they want the ecstacy to go away, even though shutting down the parties isn't going to help, they wanna be stupid ignorant assholes and think that it's going to actually do something anyway. But fuck that. The music's still there, so I guess that's all that really matters.

10. amItoolate?

amItoolate? 12oz Member

amItoolate? - Replied Jul 28, 2002

have you no taste?

that movie blows my ass hole, human traffic was good it almost made up for how much that movie sucked, i dont know it was just all around lame and them sets werent no good i dont know what your talkin about:spent:

amItoolate? - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  11. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

87centHitMan - Replied Jul 28, 2002

Oh my god did you read that off the back of the CD "Global underground 14 John digweed Hong Kong" Sure sound like it...You forgot the part about the rally driver

12. MrWhiteFolks

MrWhiteFolks Guest

MrWhiteFolks - Replied Jul 28, 2002

hahahahaha....man techno was SO 98/99...this shit is done.

groove was really stupid, human traffic on the other hand was rock and roll, it was funny, well made, and the actors were all great...two thumbs up. the afterparty scenes were great, about the passing of the joint with all the kids waiting to see whose gonna pass it and then the girl shows up...its so true!

even though fucking electronic music (unless its made my someone on warp or rephex) can eat my asshole.

13. amorphic

amorphic Guest

amorphic - Replied Jul 28, 2002

isn't it just an hour and a half of ravers touching each other......:confused:

14. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Jul 28, 2002

please review...

15. swif1

swif1 12oz Veteran Member

swif1 - Replied Jul 28, 2002

hahahah.

on a side note:

ferry corsten is the top man in my book.

paul van dyk comes to a close second.

etc etc.

:)

swif1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: