'Groove' the movie

amerika

This is an awesome movie, if you like ravers or not. It's a movie about these promoters that set up a dope venue in this abandoned warehouse, and shows the whole party throughout the night. The movie has dope sets by DJ Snaz, Polywog, and my favorite...Digweed! Lots of hard house, lots of good trance, and it gives the common person a look into the underground scene. It shows all the aspects of the common 'raver', new school, oldschool, kandy kid, haters, and the common drug user. Check it out, it'll definately be worth your time...it's the best sundance film i've seen in awhile.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man, that movie fuckin' sucks. That was one of the dullest steryotypical movies I have ever seen. And I'm not saying this 'cause I can't stand ravers...at the point of my life when I saw it, I was drivin' around the country goin' to raves and poppin' pills like they were goin' out of style. But I was still smart enough to know a bad script when I saw one.

Matthewi'mrollin'thirteen.

Guest 87centHitMan

I've never even seen "Groove" Even though every single one of my friends have...I don't really care to see it. I've heard that it really glorifies the drug use, and the stupidest thing about that movie is the fact that they have John Digweed playing at some underground rave, yeah, right. Firstoff seeing John Digweed at a rave period is next to impossible. Most of the big europe dj's Play in clubs overseas and in various other places around the world, but never at a rave in the usa. And if he was to play, it would be some stupid massive that costs $50 to get in, commercialized as fuck, and it would be full of dumbasses that have no clue how to party. I think the the whole Idea of a "rave" movie is retarded. Any idiot can walk down to blockbuster rent it to see the amazing underground way of those crazy ecstacy-eating ravers. And fuck, there is no such thing as the 'underground scene' Not to sound like some jaded prick , but parties just get less and less like I remember them to be. Every time I go to a party I just wander around wishing that they were real again...But it's really the government's fault. The cops and the DEA want to kill all the parties because they want the ecstacy to go away, even though shutting down the parties isn't going to help, they wanna be stupid ignorant assholes and think that it's going to actually do something anyway. But fuck that. The music's still there, so I guess that's all that really matters.

Guest 87centHitMan
Originally posted by amerika

ah yes, digweed never seizes to amaze me. i can't believe how coolheaded he is, and still pulls off those dangerous sets...definately an amazing DJ. global underground is where it's at.

Oh my god did you read that off the back of the CD "Global underground 14 John digweed Hong Kong" Sure sound like it...You forgot the part about the rally driver

Guest MrWhiteFolks

and still pulls off those dangerous sets...definately an amazing DJ.

hahahahaha....man techno was SO 98/99...this shit is done.

groove was really stupid, human traffic on the other hand was rock and roll, it was funny, well made, and the actors were all great...two thumbs up. the afterparty scenes were great, about the passing of the joint with all the kids waiting to see whose gonna pass it and then the girl shows up...its so true!

even though fucking electronic music (unless its made my someone on warp or rephex) can eat my asshole.

Guest KING BLING

and on comes the slew of rational remarks about techno!

please review...

Originally posted by 87centHitMan

Oh my god did you read that off the back of the CD "Global underground 14 John digweed Hong Kong" Sure sound like it...You forgot the part about the rally driver

hahahah.

on a side note:

ferry corsten is the top man in my book.

paul van dyk comes to a close second.

etc etc.

:)

I've never even seen "Groove" Even though every single one of my friends have...I don't really care to see it. I've heard that it really glorifies the drug use, and the stupidest thing about that movie is the fact that they have John Digweed playing at some underground rave, yeah, right. Firstoff seeing John Digweed at a rave period is next to impossible. Most of the big europe dj's Play in clubs overseas and in various other places around the world, but never at a rave in the usa. And if he was to play, it would be some stupid massive that costs $50 to get in, commercialized as fuck, and it would be full of dumbasses that have no clue how to party. I think the the whole Idea of a "rave" movie is retarded. Any idiot can walk down to blockbuster rent it to see the amazing underground way of those crazy ecstacy-eating ravers. And fuck, there is no such thing as the 'underground scene' Not to sound like some jaded prick , but parties just get less and less like I remember them to be. Every time I go to a party I just wander around wishing that they were real again...But it's really the government's fault. The cops and the DEA want to kill all the parties because they want the ecstacy to go away, even though shutting down the parties isn't going to help, they wanna be stupid ignorant assholes and think that it's going to actually do something anyway. But fuck that. The music's still there, so I guess that's all that really matters.

umm dickweed played at the house of blues here(new olreans) a month or so ago...

actually that probably is where i got it from.

Archived