greyhound

isor357

its the only way to travel. If you are broke that is!!!! Actually its not too bad. You get to see the country and some crazy people. I got fucked up for free all the way from detroit to san francisco and it only cost 200 roundtrip, got blackmailed in St Louis by greyhound security. Got few grams of coke from some tweaker bitch in iowa for free. I traded it to some guy for an IpOd. I gave the donor a couple seroquels, she fell asleep and missed her transfer. Stole a few hundred $$$, 50 xanax and 35 Vicodin ES from a 30 year old tweaker junkie in Reno. He looked 50 but his licence said he was 30. (Dont do Heroin or Glass) This guy had just shot up and was sweating profusely 1 seat away and unconcious. I also got his knife. He got off in Modesto and didnt even notice. Watched some marine fuckwad get beat up by 3, 13 year olds in columbus ohio. Talk about pathetic. He got on in detroit talking about how he was coming from bootcamp fronting like he is hard as nails. He got ripped off at the first stop for some weed. The 14 year olds asked for his army jacked and hat and he gave it to them then took off running, tripped and scratched his face up. They took his bus tickets, his clothes and his $$$. Is that the type of guy that should be defending the country???? Watched a couple rednecks meet on the bus, fall in love, and fornicate in the bathroom at the rear of the bus. I was sitting a seat away and i wanted to shake this bitch. She talked and talked and talked. I burned a couple blackbooks. I met a few writers while on the bus. Its all about the triple seat and the handicapped access seats. I slept, drew, popped xanies and drank warm mickeys the whole time. Never again will i take a trip thats more than 20 hours.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

iv taken it from New Orleans>Philly and vice versa acouplea times, and Philly>Toronto once...nothing exiting happened on the T>O> trip, but on the N.O>PH. I also was next to some asshole who was AWOL from the army, this kid was sittin in that tripple next to the bathroom hiding under his coat and shaking most of the time and when he would come out it was only ta smoke pinners at rest stops and tell evryny how afraid he was that the army was gonna find him and lock him up....also met some hot broad adn went w/ to NewYork on the same trip..she baught me martinis at some fanycy shit in manhattan, underage at that time and underdressed, and drunker than i needed to be i just got back on my bus and went back ta philly...oops. thats like the sex that got away...but usually i take the amtrak...get drunk, play spaids, smoke, walk around, its the best way...but bring your own liquour because a can a budweasle is like 8 bucks, and the food is $$$$tooo and not that good, except the breakfast, yeah eat the breakfast...sorry for the rant...get off the bus take the train!!!!

i took the bus from florida to georgia one time, there and back. it was not very exciting. I was like uhhh 15? the bus stop to catch back to florida was literally in the middle of nowhere, except there was a dairy queen across the street. And they were out of ice cream...how lame is that. middle of summer too. lets see....interesting people on the bus....negative....(key-able offense)...negative...many stops along the way, yes! did it suck? yes! will i ever do it again? NO!

from portland to la when i was 20... working with a campaign company on our way to las vegas to petition for medicinal mary jane... this chick got on in eugene and sat next to me... she made a challis out of an apple... we got nice and kicked it until she got off in modesto or some shit. the rest of the trip sucked, was too slow and too hot. and then the trip back was even slower and more uncomfortable. ill take the train whenever possible now. (i hear horror stories about four day excursions from left to right... fuck that!)

I took greyhound from Memphis to cleveland this past christmas it wasn't that exciting i slept a lot and rarely ever took my headphones off. there was one incredibly annoying fat bitch in the back of the bus 3 rows behind me that insisted on yelling the whole trip until about 10 pm then hours later i cought her taking and messaging topless pictures of herself to someone, ugh bitch, not cute. :rolleyes:

the first bus trip i ever went on took two or three days, southeast? california was boring, nothing but black rocks and shitty places like barstow, needles, etc. a few hours before albuquerque, this kid was walking up and down the aisle, almost got on the wrong bus at a rest stop, and was sleep walking pretty much. at albuquerque i saw him being wheeled away on a stretcher by paramedics. nine hours later, he shows up at the station, he said he took some sleeping medicine, and the security guards stole his money. and the bathroom on one bus had urine fumes in it, and the coffee and stuff at bus stations is way over priced, and the coffee also tastes like urine. the other bus trip i took was fine one way, and shittily depressing on the way back. attention black people: when someone lets you drink some of their mad dog, it does not mean you can drink half the fucking bottle!

*if you ever have a transfer at el paso and you have time and it's at night, walk around because it seems surreal. it probably helps if you haven't slept.

Ahh, great topic.

I've got a crazy story.

I was going to college in Vermont and recently fractured my left kneecap skateboarding.

The only way I could get home (near Philly) was to take the bus.

I was to meet my ride home at some random bus stop in New Jersey.

I had to transfer buses in Albany, The ride to Albany was fine.

I was able to get two seats to myself to stretch my braced leg.

Albany was where it got shitty.

I had to wait a couple hours for a transfer bus to take me to the random station in NJ.

While waiting in line there was a couple of girls my age in front of me.

We started talking and they said they were on their way to NYC.

When I told them my hometown they said "No Shit! We're from there!"

Turns out one of them was best friends with one of my co-workers.

Soon the Greyhound bus arrived and I hobbled on. The driver gave me two seats to stretch out on as well.. even on a full bus.

This is where it gets shittier.

I was told that the bus would stop at where I needed to get off.

There was one other person who also need to use the same bus stop.

A hour or so later, the bus blazes past my stop.

The other man waiting for that stop noticed a few minutes later and tells the driver.

We both jump off the bus at the next available stop, which must have been 15 minutes away from our actual destination.

Here I am on crutches and a leg brace with some total stranger next to me.

As the bus pulls away I realize that moment that I left my fucking jacket in the overhead stash. I screamed "Fuck!" and realized there was nothing I could do.

(Funny note: it was a Bloodhound Gang jacket and a NJ bus stole it)

So again, here I am next to a total stranger.

He turns to me and says his girlfriend will be picking him up shortly and asks if he can help me with a ride.

I said, I'd appreiciate a lift to the station my ride is at up the road.

Not long after, the dude's girlfriend shows up and they politely drive me to the other bus stop.

They were both really cool and super nice.

I remember seeing a PR flag hanging from their rearview mirror.

Anyways, I was able to get to my ride and we bitched for a few minutes about the retarded bus driver.

Ugh.

Last time I took a greyhound there was a bunch of immigration officers arresting a family of illegals. Little kids were crying and it was a big ruckus. They IDed a bunch of people and gave me a hard time because of my dual citizenship which was pretty lame. The ride sucked too and got stuck next to some broad that somehow thought I wanted to hear her life story. Thankfully the ride was only a few hours long... I'd rather take the train even if it costs a bit more.

Originally posted by ARCEL@Aug 9 2005, 12:27 AM

california was boring, nothing but black rocks and shitty places like barstow,

yes barstow is boring as fuck on a greyhound...but amazing if you spend some time there...painting wise.

you didnt stop at san bernardino station? that station by itself is one of the greatest most ghetto stations in the valley..where else can you see 10 year old meccos billboards? i shit you not..

i have a few really good greyhound stories traveling from the town i live in now to milwaulkee , chicago,and gary indiana.. but i'm lazy and dont wanna type..

well hears my story i was catching the local bus form southbeach to downtown miami to get the greyhound to key west. Not knowing where the fuck the greyhound station was as everyone was telling me different things and to (get off at this stop, no no get off at that stop.)

So anyway i got downtown and i got of at some stop cant remember what one but im walking around and around asked a few workers they didnt have a clue what i was talking about as they could hardly speak english and didnt know which way was left or right.

So im cruzing along then i see this leg sticking out from a corner and im like arrr ok it looks like a chick so as im walking up to the leg and i get to the corner where its coming from and!

:yuck: EEEEKKKKK its this rank ass junky chick (only young) coverd in bruises and skinny as a tooth-pick. I got quiet a shock and qucikly kept walking as it looked like she had just taken her early morning breakfast hit and i didnt want her to see me as who knows what she woulda done but i dont think she saw me as her eyes were so rolled back in her head who knows she may of been dead. (Felt sorry for her cause she would be quite attractive if wasnt a junnky.)

But anyways im still seaching for this greyhound station and i bumbed into som pommies that were also looking for the station well we finally found it and "this station did not look like a station" it was in teh most seeeeeeedddyyyyest part of town and was full of bums and skanks hanging out the front.

i start walking up there as i had to collect my ticket and firstly i was approached infround of the cop that was hanging there (got any spare change bro) im like na!

But my bus tripo wasnt that bad had quite a few rednecks on there drinkning piss and talking to thel selves but other thatn that trip it was allright.

The pommies that i began to chat with told me that there last bus ride was soo full that there was up to 3 ppls to a seat and the isle was jam packed with people tryign to sleep upright and one guy was standing apperently...

Here is a picture of the station, couldnt get a good one as i didnt wont my camera to get flogged off me.

p.s.hopethismadesenceasicantbebotheredreadingitagin;)

gh.JPG.4fe394e94e8abe3bc5a42ce0377689c0.JPG

Originally posted by avils+Aug 9 2005, 02:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (avils - Aug 9 2005, 02:05 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ODS-1@Aug 9 2005, 12:55 AM

Can you imagine if people who rode greyhound flew on airlines? God that would be fucked up.

youve never flown independence air then ??

:huh?:

[/b]

Haha is it that bad?

if i had my own private bus with my face screenprinted on the exterior and i could smoke out in the bus i would take the bus.

Closest relateable story: Took the amtrak from Chi to NY, to see the country and you can bring paint with you on the train, anyway, the trip took 24 hours. 24 hours in the same seat sucks my ass. Ill never take the amtrack again.

I should have taken a train!

1 thing i noticed was that i didnt get searched all the way from SF to detroit but once. It was the weakest search ever.

Somebody could totally put an explosive in their checked luggage and not even get on the bus. I could have had a body in my luggage and they wouldnt ever even realize.

Positive note- I got to see freights and freeway hits along the way Denver is doing their thing. The midwest is flat and boring.

My Girlfriend is getting pissed i have to log out now before she busts out some kwon on me.

The last time i took one of them shits was when i went from dc to ny to visit a friend at school. but i didn't take the greyhound bus i actually took a bus run by hasidic jews so it's a lot cheaper($20.00 round trip). i decided to sit all the way in the back, mind you everytime i take a bus or plane i always hope that some fine ass girl comes and sits next to me. anywho, i'm in the back and there are three seats, i'm sitting by the window and this fat ass dude is sitting in the aisle seat a seat away from me. finally the bus fills up and this chick comes and has nowhere to sit except between me and lard ass. so we end up talking the whole ride up and fat ass falls asleep. not even 2hours into the trip we end up making out on the bus, best shit ever. when we got to ny we went our separate ways and she said she'd come visit me and lo and behold the next day she did. i was staying the village and she came all the fuck from Jamaica Queens(at the time I didn't understand how far that was) we ended up making out some more in my friends dorm alone. no shit like that ever happened to me before, kinda felt like a pimp.