Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Green Thumbs!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dai, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dai

dai Senior Member

Yes, 'heads...it's about that time! It's my first attempt at growing indoors (tomatoes, duh!) and I was just curious if anyone experienced could tell me if I had a good set up? I have a 10 gallon terrarium, lined with tin foil and 1 insulator board. Above, I have a 65 watt Grow Bulb and a 15 watt full spectrum incandescent bulb. I kept the lamps on for an hour last night and the temperature stayed between 88-92 deg. I'm using Miracle Gro potting soil (lightly fertilized) and i'm germinating my seeds (tomatoes!) for 3 days in a wet paper towel in a dark spot. What chemicals should I use, any particular brands or anything? I know I need lots of nitrogen. Just give me some tips, anything will help. Thanks!

2. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

are you serious?? try growing dank.

3. dai

dai Senior Member

don't ruin this thread, stay on subject. it's obvious that i'm REALLY growin tomatoes man...i mean every teenager grows tomatoes in terrariums!

:rolleyes:

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

sounds to me like you've got everything in check......

why tomatoes??

5. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

6. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

ok but my grandmother grew tomatoes and she went nuts...

7. dai

dai Senior Member

because of the 'time out on drugs' thread :lol: :lol:

8. BIG T

BIG T Member

tamatoes my ass:rolleyes:

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I'm a dumbass.........:dazed:

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

water those tomatoes everyday sucka.

11. Ken E. Bus

Ken E. Bus Member

Bat Guano

Bat Guano is the secret ingredient to really plentiful plants and tomatoes full of flavor. Go to any nursery and get a box of dried bat guano. Then put a couple of teaspoons in an empty milk jug, fill with hot water, and let sit at least 24 hours. Voila...Guano Tea. Use this to water your plants. You will have kick ass tomatoes without all the harsh effects of chemical fertilizer.

12. Stoney Blaze

Stoney Blaze Guest

you're better off with a soilless hydroponic system. However, I've had tomatoes grown in a similar setup as yours and they were'nt half bad.

Make sure to give them less light during their ripening stage.

13. Stoney Blaze

Stoney Blaze Guest

Re: Bat Guano

good idea.

14. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Well uh since this is on 12oz. I would suggest trying growing hydro "Tomatos". I heard they are supposed to be very tasty.;)

15. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE Elite Member

You guys need to do some serious reading...fuck miracle gro, and fuck chemicals...you want some nasty tasting tomatoes? Ill tell you how my friend. Next response will tell you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.