Greatest HC bands ever.

43% burnt

This thread is a dedication to the greatest Hardcore bands in history. As a musician and enthusiast HC has forever affected my life, it is more than music, it is a political/social movement. There no other musical movements that pack the intesity, originality, and fuckin balls that HC has to offer. Enough said...List some bands, and why you feel they are one of the greatest HC bands ever.

my top 3:

1. BLACK FLAG- this band paved the road for all HC bands to follow. relentless perseverence againt all odds.

2. BAD BRAINS- The first real HC band on the east coast. they gave birth to the DC scene...and they wrote extremely original music combining punk and reggae influences

3. MINOR THREAT- Set the standard for HC. combining intensity, intelligence, and passion into a highly explosive formula, that not only influenced a ton of bands, became a catalyst to the HC movement.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

3 Good bands, they paved the way for some of the greatest bands to ever set foot in hardcore like Gorilla Biscuits, Side By Side, Youth of Today, Sick Of It All so on and so forth.

my choices

Burn: One of the best "post hardcore" bands I think they kinda paved the way for that heavier hardcore bands that came in the early-mid 90's

Dag Nasty: One of my favorite bands ever. They have influenced so many bands in so many genres. The drummer from blink 182 has a Can I Say tat, and AFI has covered them. Just an awesome band.

Kid Dynamite: Just an awesome fucking band

hmm never thought it out, but id have to say dillenger escape plan (43% burnt should agree, due to his user name), i think converge cuz they were one of the very few bands who could succesfully mix hardcore and grindy breakdowns without it sounding like adgeda. and bury your dead for (bruatlly) bringing together kids from all states to get together in a small room and get hurt, if youve seen them you know what i mean, i find most hardcore entirely to generic, so i seem to branch off (as you can see from my choices) into other parts and genre's of hardcore.

Guest upinsmoke

Unit Pride

Chain Of strength

Unbroken

Earth Crisis

Strife

Youth Of Today

Chokehold

Wide Awake

Side By Side

Outspoken

*all are no longer straight edge............

Originally posted by 43% burnt

^gooch knows the deal...

BREAKDOWN - classic NYHC

i hated breakdown, i had this one song were he starts rapping (hc style) i think he said "brothas unight these commin free, this goes out to my P.D.C. niggas"

wait no that was IRATE...i think hes like "IRATE 97 bitch" at the end of the song.

fucking fuuuuny!

you kids are forgetting

RAW DEAL

REST IN PIECES

STRAIGHT AHEAD

KRACKDOWN

BOLD

Oh and by the way. Breakdown is/was and forever will be rad, k? thx.

Talk so big when you got 40 friends watchin your back, oh but when theyre not there you just shut your fuckin trap.

Originally posted by Glik0

you kids are forgetting

RAW DEAL

REST IN PIECES

STRAIGHT AHEAD

KRACKDOWN

BOLD

Oh and by the way. Breakdown is/was and forever will be rad, k? thx.

Talk so big when you got 40 friends watchin your back, oh but when theyre not there you just shut your fuckin trap.

this man knows.

Breakdown, made it happen. all i really want to do is see a street fight.