Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Great Shoe Concept

Discussion in 'Style' started by imported_Tesseract, Nov 3, 2004.

1. I dont think i'd wear or use a shoe like that but im really diggin the science/research behind it and how the final product looks really cool as an object.
    check it out:
    http://www.nike.com/nikefree/

Attached Files:

2. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

looks pretty good, amazed they havent thought of this before...

3. The shoe is fuckin ugly as a shoe..but still cool as a thing

4. Herbivore

Herbivore Senior Member

i can't view the webpage while at work.... what's the shoe all about? it looks like it's just a non-supportive, soft slipper-shoe type thing.

5. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

what in gods name? it looks melted!

6. japillahan

japillahan Senior Member

yeah me too

7. Grimes

Grimes Veteran Member

pure uglyness..but i guess some people will dig em

8. Manifesto

Manifesto Junior Member

its a shoe designed to comform to your foot, not for the foot to conform to the shoe, which is what previosuly happens.

they did a lot research so that the soles projects the same pressure points as does a barefoot running on grass, allowing more natural movements.

eseentially making "barefooted running" accessible in a shoe.

9. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

fresh, but pretty ugly.

10. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Odd looking, but probably functional.

11. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

You want a show that molds to fit your foot?

[​IMG]

Really.... it's already been done.

12. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER Elite Member

i think the research is alot more interesting then the shoe design..

..nike is a research driven company.. their attitude towards performance footwear concepts is like the automotive industry. They have R&D on a Tier system.. so advance concepts can range from current-1 yr, current to 5 yrs, current to 10, 20, 30 yrs.. from now.

In doing this they then not only can project new material development and application but also.. set the standards as to what shoes are, what purposes they serve and so forth.

All the talk about the biometrics involved in barefoot running is really cool.. expecially in comparisson to the dynamics of being bipedal on concrete, wood, dirt, rock etc.

as a shoe concept.. its not something you can compare to a dead stock Jordan 1.. its in a whole different genre of shoes not based out of aesthetics and style merged with performance..but applicable concepts which are effective and have a purpose. projects like this lead to integration into shoes we common consumers might actually wear.. eventually.. or fall to the wayside.

like.. foamposites.. and react juice...(im kidding.)

13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

sure nike has built a more involved concept,
    but making shoes that mold to the feet is not
    a new thing. Look at birkenstock sandals.
    That's exactly why they are popular. I hear you that
    Nike is pushing the R&D forwards but it should happen
    at the cost of style. I dont care how nice the biometrics
    and kinetics are of a shoe if they look ugly. Clearly,
    tailoring these shoes to athletes is going to get results
    as opposed to marketing them to weekend warriors.

14. WRECKONIZE

WRECKONIZE Senior Member

i think i might go run around foot locker for a little while giver the test

15. It doesnt have to be a new concept to be a cool concept..brickenstocks? i dunno man...after looking at that video on the nike site for the shoe i'm kinda sure that this thing will be a bit more reliable.
    Also, as said above, that shit is for athletes and in a way its science...i'm willing to sacrifice style when making a 'tool'...anyway, anyone seen the mayfly?

[​IMG]

the color is the fuckin SUCK...but hey, weighting at 4.0 oz. i'd def want it in my feet if i was a runner..

nike rocks.