Great Shoe Concept

Guest imported_Tesseract

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its a shoe designed to comform to your foot, not for the foot to conform to the shoe, which is what previosuly happens.

they did a lot research so that the soles projects the same pressure points as does a barefoot running on grass, allowing more natural movements.

eseentially making "barefooted running" accessible in a shoe.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Nov 5 2004, 07:16 PM

You want a show that molds to fit your foot?

pG01-214369reg.jpg

Really.... it's already been done.

i think the research is alot more interesting then the shoe design..

..nike is a research driven company.. their attitude towards performance footwear concepts is like the automotive industry. They have R&D on a Tier system.. so advance concepts can range from current-1 yr, current to 5 yrs, current to 10, 20, 30 yrs.. from now.

In doing this they then not only can project new material development and application but also.. set the standards as to what shoes are, what purposes they serve and so forth.

All the talk about the biometrics involved in barefoot running is really cool.. expecially in comparisson to the dynamics of being bipedal on concrete, wood, dirt, rock etc.

as a shoe concept.. its not something you can compare to a dead stock Jordan 1.. its in a whole different genre of shoes not based out of aesthetics and style merged with performance..but applicable concepts which are effective and have a purpose. projects like this lead to integration into shoes we common consumers might actually wear.. eventually.. or fall to the wayside.

like.. foamposites.. and react juice...(im kidding.)

sure nike has built a more involved concept,

but making shoes that mold to the feet is not

a new thing. Look at birkenstock sandals.

That's exactly why they are popular. I hear you that

Nike is pushing the R&D forwards but it should happen

at the cost of style. I dont care how nice the biometrics

and kinetics are of a shoe if they look ugly. Clearly,

tailoring these shoes to athletes is going to get results

as opposed to marketing them to weekend warriors.

Guest imported_Tesseract

It doesnt have to be a new concept to be a cool concept..brickenstocks? i dunno man...after looking at that video on the nike site for the shoe i'm kinda sure that this thing will be a bit more reliable.

Also, as said above, that shit is for athletes and in a way its science...i'm willing to sacrifice style when making a 'tool'...anyway, anyone seen the mayfly?

08179801_z.jpg

the color is the fuckin SUCK...but hey, weighting at 4.0 oz. i'd def want it in my feet if i was a runner..

nike rocks.