Greaser Revival

ETHREADZNY

I am not sure if it is just a current trend in Ny, but what is with this greaser revival.... I mean the fifities had its attractiviness to it, some good rock n roll and some dope rides.. But why does somebody want to ten-pounds of hairgrease in their hair...

One benifit of being a greaser is having this nifty comb:

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/images/switch.jpg'>

another benifit is some good rockabilly bands coming out...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

dont worry...

the rockabilly scene will be about as popular as the swing revival in a few months.

then it can all go back to the way it was before.

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by suburbian bum

HMmm, not here. At my school long hair is coming back. Everyone is growing their hair out. YOU never see greasers here ever never ever.

i had long hair up until may, then i sheared that shit and im happy with it. too many people are doing it. fucking followers. people cant think for themselves.

all the greasers from my school graduated. they were cool. they played in a band called THE ROCKNESS MONSTERS. they were pretty good too.

Guest SPLINTER

its been going on here in cali for a good 3 years at least. i started 4 years ago with just a few guys, then all their friends did it , then those guys got friends to do it. soon guys from other school started doin it (story of my town not the whole state) and everybodies little brothers started doing it and so on. about one third of all punks here dress like greasers. and about one fourth of the rest of the crowds dresses like a greaser.

i've been a little involved in the rockabilly/psycobilly scene for years and years now... didn't know it was a new thing anywhere... i drive a 50's hotrod, i have friends that do, i have friends that pile tons of grease in their hair, i used to do that all the time and still do occasionally, our main local psycobilly band fucking rips, and has for several years now...

anyways, it never died, it's just getting more mainstream... as does anything good...

anyways, it never died, it's just getting more mainstream... as does anything good... [/b]

Exactly...eventually all the douche bags will be weeded out and only the real fans will be standing...there's still some kids swingin' this saturday all decked out in suits and shit not givin' a fuck that no one does it anymore.

Anyways...since someone mentioned classic cars I thought I'd post this shit, it's a friend of mine's ride...however he's not a greaser.

http://www.fototime.com/47D19CE8A6CCC37/orig.jpg'>

matthewdeluxethirteen.

ive been seeing rockabilly kids out here in southern california for as long as i can remember, ok, maybe about 7-10 years back, and theres very few that i see in my city that have stuck it out, but i do notice a shitload of people with rockabilly or traditional tattoos , but theyre not rockabilly anymore. jumping someone elses train...........

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

http://www.ford-trucks.com/pictorial/big/1957_f100_4-1.jpg'>

not my truck, but it’s pretty much the same as mine, '57 ford... looks the same except i don’t have the badge on the hood, i have nicer rims and fatter tires, i have a nicer/bigger bumper, mine rides on a bit of a rake, i have a tonnoeu over the bed, and mines all white...

-------------------------------------------------------

oh, and i have a chrysler 440 in it...

i also have a restored to stock 52 chevy pick-up... i haven't friven my trucks in 2 months... i miss them...

I've known some rockabilly cats who have been down for at least 8 years now, dudes with the old school dice and carddeck tattoo's (etc), hot rods, collared bowling shirts and plain white t shirts with the nicely fitted pants, and a lot of girls with full sleeves who look like pin-up girls. I think it's always been kindof popular in the punk/hardcore scene. specially with the sxe kids who have been around for a grip.

mprs

Archived