Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Graphic Design Techniques

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TRYBOL, Apr 29, 2003.

1. TRYBOL

TRYBOL New Jack

Ok I know there was a thread about graphic design sites, but how about techniques.
    Someone has a question about a design, project, technique and we exchange our knowledge on the subject. So I will start it off with a question.

How do you get that spray paint and drip style effect that they have on the vapors cover, and many other posters i've seen to print so clean. Also I've seen allot of band logos with the broken, almost paint cracking style font. How is that achieved? I have done it where I pick a font print it to my desired size, cut the font out stencil style, then used a sponge with paint and apply it to the stencil. you get the same effect, but then you have to scan it in and play with it to use it in lets say adobe illustrator etc.

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

When I look back (seems like yesterday).

3. mark_norman

mark_norman New Jack

]

YOU'RE A FUCKING HOMO, WHY DON'T YOU KILL YOURSELF?

4. Methodz

Methodz Member

Cracked letters: There just fonts, go download em'.

5. mark_norman

mark_norman New Jack

maybe you should give it a go then

6. TRYBOL

TRYBOL New Jack

this thread is to exchange graphic design techniques and THATS IT!
    if you saw some good techniques on a website or poster or billboard
    and you wondering how it was done then ask and maybe someone will help you out.
    I run my own company and if anyone has graphic design questions then by all means ask, and I'll do my best to help.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR KINDERGARDEN BULLSHIT!!!
    SO GO FIND ANOTHER THREAD THANKYOU

7. Al Green

Al Green Veteran Member

what youre asking for isnt even graphic design techniques.

what you are asking for is how certain people have achieved certain aesthetics. that is where the magic and the ingenuity of the designer is appreciated.. personally for you to be asking about how to make drips and how to do dirty stencil fonts is silly. figure out your own aesthetic.

if you want a straight answer to your query. the best way to get dirty is to stay dirty. do not use premade fonts directly if you want that "hardcore/punk" type treatment. just like in painting it shows when you use paint straight out of a tube.

if you want to ask real graphic design questions they should be related to the application of graphic design .. DESIGN.. to a project.. not about aesthetics.

plus the reason you dont find large open resources on how people achieve certain affects is because thats the tricks of the trade. people are generally secretive. but people might be willing to share their knowledge of appropriate uses of typefaces, kerning, layout, how to make spreads, where to find templates.. etc.

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

yeah, what he ^^^^ said

"the reason you dont find large open resources on how people achieve certain affects is because thats the tricks of the trade. "

But making you own letters doesnt hurt.
    Those letters you made, could be turned into
    a font of your own. Youre on the right track.

wanna look at other peoples shit....go here...

http://www.nowgocreate.com/

once its up, youll see!

9. TRYBOL

TRYBOL New Jack

Ok maybe you misunderstood me or the question did not come out the way I wanted it too. I already know how to make all those things. what I wanted to know was how after making that effect do I get it to come out as clean as possible for pre print.
    TECHNIQUE being clipping path magic wand etc. I want an easy way to bring it between programs. There is no SECRET to it and yes it is considered graphic design.
    you can go to the book store and buy books on how to do it. I just thought maybe people would be cool enough to help each other out. I asked derek hess how he printed his stippling effect and he was more than happy to help out. As have many people asked how I achieved crtain effects and I was more than happy to help.

10. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

so wait......how do i make krink?

11. TRYBOL

TRYBOL New Jack

Ok you can now shut this thread. I thought Id give 12oz one more try, but I forgot how
    childish you are.

12. yoink

yoink Elite Member

I actually wouldnt mind there being a thread where help and ideas can be shared, kinda like a tech/tutorial/instruction type thing, cause there certainly are a lotta heads on here that know what they are doing. then when someone has an inquiry they can kinda go to one thread, instead of the dozen help me in photoshop threads (which ive done before too) but whatever floats peoples boats.

13. l0rdka0s

l0rdka0s Banned

bwahahahahahahahah thats not very nice

oh yeah and my girl is fucking hot dude

14. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden Veteran Member

how old are you? 4? children.

15. TRYBOL

TRYBOL New Jack

like I said before, if you dont have any graphic design questions or info
    dont waste your fucking time, boosting your damn posts count.