1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Grandmother, 81, Drives Car into 9 School Children

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by swif1, Nov 20, 2002.

1. swif1

swif1 12oz Veteran Member

Grandmother, 81, Drives Car into 9 School Children

Discussion started by swif1 - Nov 20, 2002

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Six children remained hospitalized early Wednesday after an 81-year-old woman picking up her grandchild at school plowed into a group of elementary students and a teacher's aide, police said.

Classes had just been dismissed at Chimneyrock Elementary School on Tuesday when the Ford Crown Victoria suddenly lurched into the crowd, running over children, pinning some underneath and to the school wall, witnesses said. The car clipped another vehicle, knocked out two walkway supports and ended up sandwiched next to the wall.

At least one bystander lifted the bulky sedan off students as teachers and mothers with medical training waded through the chaos, taking pulses and trying to calm children.

Nine students were hit, and one was in critical condition Wednesday. The aide suffered minor injuries.

No charges were filed against the driver, Alice Bartee of Memphis, but authorities were interviewing her, said Steve Shular, a spokesman with the Shelby County Sheriff's Department.

``We're trying, with a lot of compassion, to talk with her on what might have occurred,'' Shular said. She was described as distraught, which slowed the investigation.

The woman was on some medications and blood tests will be conducted, but Shular said authorities ``don't believe that's going to be a contributing cause in this accident.''

Debra Russo, who has two daughters at Chimneyrock, changed her routine Tuesday and believed it saved her children from calamity.

Instead of idling in the long line of cars waiting to pick up children, she had parked and started walking toward them.

``They usually stand right in that spot,'' she told The Commercial Appeal. ``It was just by the grace of God that I had today off, and decided to walk over to meet them.''

Some of the students, tears rolling down their cheeks, talked to mothers. Others worried about their classmates.

``Mine are OK,'' said parent Randy Peace. ``But everyone is scared. ... There are a lot of scared children around here.''

Shular said the investigation was focusing on whether Bartee hit the wrong pedal, either because she slipped or became confused. Bartee's driving record is clean, he said, and the only requirement is that she wear glasses, which she did.

_______

hahaha damnn...

swif1 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Nov 20, 2002

good thing He wasn't in one of those vengeful plauge of locust, kill your first-born son type of moods!

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Nov 20, 2002

do the world a favour, kill an old person

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  4. duffman

duffman Guest

duffman - Replied Nov 20, 2002

another example of why old people shouldent drive..

5. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Nov 20, 2002

haha

do a plant a favour, eat a vegetarian

6. rip

rip 12oz Elite Member

rip - Replied Nov 20, 2002

``It was just by the grace of God that I had today off, and decided to walk over to meet them.''

so when people live its automatically the grace of god? fuck god. THATS RIGHT GOD, FUCK YOU WITH A FAT PURPLE DILDO. FUCKING FAGGOT ASS. AND ANYONE THAT LOVES GOD............... FUCK YOU TOO YOU IGNORANT FUCKS.

rip - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. deznatori

deznatori 12oz Veteran Member

deznatori - Replied Nov 20, 2002

Stupid bitch isn't getting charged how the fuck is that? She just plowed over a bunch of kids and she gets to go home like nothing happened. You know if one of us did that shit we would be rotting in a cell. Fuck that shit. Throw some charges on that bitch.

deznatori - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. NOBODY

NOBODY 12oz Member

NOBODY - Replied Nov 20, 2002

anybody hear about the wife that cut off her husbands ear?she was like a judo master and wooped his ass if her stayed out passed his curfue.talk about whipped.wachhhhhhhe(wip noise)

NOBODY - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. alleniverson

alleniverson New Jack

alleniverson - Replied Nov 20, 2002

preach on rip...how come they dont thank god for a woman plowing into 9 kids in a Crown Vic?

but yeah, if I did that shit and hit a bunch of kids my 19 year old ass would be in jail right now.

alleniverson - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. sneak

sneak Guest

sneak - Replied Nov 20, 2002

no i didnt...nor does sneak give much of a...

11. SMUGGLER RSH

SMUGGLER RSH Guest

SMUGGLER RSH - Replied Nov 20, 2002

Your not suppost to use Judo unless it is in self defense but even then your not suppost to really so I find the JUDO MASTER part untrue................Maybe she was someone who had gone to a few Judo classes and one night when her husband came home late she tried to get kinky and bite his ear and he called the cops all freaked out and the newspapers turned it into what you heard......

12. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

Intangible - Replied Nov 20, 2002

This just further my theory that Old people should be sent kept in concentration camps.....

Intangible - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  13. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

uncle-boy - Replied Nov 20, 2002

i love God.

but i do think that ladies statement was dumb and inapropriate. just like yours......"ignorant" hmph:rolleyes:

14. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Nov 20, 2002

When I get old I'm just going to marry some young girl nad have an underpaid mexican drive me around.....just like the stars

15. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK 12oz Senior Member

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Replied Nov 20, 2002

maybe one could have been the next adolf hitler....you never know...

WhAt_dA_fUcK - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: