Grand Theft Auto: VICE CITY

Guest --zeSto--

Guest --zeSto--

good god I'm so excited!

I've never pre-ordered a game before... but I think I just might hae to this time.

This is more exciting than Spiderman or that Space movie.. this is great !!

http://www.grandtheftauto3.net/viceboxlarge.gif'>

GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY ANNOUNCED

Next Installment of Grand Theft Auto Franchise To Hit Streets in October

Rockstar Games proudly announces Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the follow-up to the global blockbuster title Grand Theft Auto 3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is the latest installment in the gaming franchise that has exceeded 11 million units in total sales to-date. It will be available exclusively for PlayStation 2 and is expected to hit retail shelves in the United States on October 22nd.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will surpass the unprecedented gameplay, cinematic graphics and immersive audio experience that gamers associate with Grand Theft Auto 3, which was released in October 2001 and has rapidly become the fastest selling, highest grossing game for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system to-date, with global sales exceeding 6 million units. Rockstar Games will release additional information about the game's content in July, but the following details are clear: It's an entirely new game set in the '80s, the location is Vice City, and the vibe is glamour, powerand corruption...Sam Houser, the executive producer of the Grand Theft Auto franchise and president of Rockstar Games, commented, "The success of Grand Theft Auto 3 has made us very proud, but it has also motivated us enormously. The work currently being done by our development and production teams in Edinburgh and New York is going to surpass the efforts of last year, as we set our sights on making an even morerevolutionary gaming experience. This will be reflected in the size of the game, the scope of the gameplay, the extent of the gameplayer's freedom, the quality of production value and the all-important sense of style."Les Benzies, the producer of Grand Theft Auto games, noted, "Although it may appear to be a challenge to develop a game superior to Grand Theft Auto 3, our progress to date on Vice City makes me highly confident that we can deliver a truly innovative game."Kelly Sumner, Take-Two Interactive Software's Chief Executive Officer added, "Grand Theft Auto 3 has become the "must-have" title for PlayStation 2 and is appropriately regarded as a landmark in interactive entertainment. We are delighted with the plans for Vice City, and are totally committed to supporting Rockstar's creative efforts and investing in the development and marketing approach that made Grand Theft Auto 3 such a tremendous success."

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif'> October 24th !

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Catch22

Sounds good. I just got GTA3 2 days ago. I hope they don't "tone down" vice city. Also I supposedly bought the uncensored version of GTA3 from some guy. Anyone know the best way to tell the difference between the 2? I hope I didn't buy the censored one. Vice City looks fresh though.

GTA 3 is up there with Final Fantasy 7 and Fazanadu as the greatest game of all time. Cannot wait till this new one comes out....

Has anyone heard about this game??

The Getaway

For those fans of Grand Theft Auto and Driver, you have another entirely new experience coming your way. Sony's The Getaway, not to be confused with Rockstar's Getaway, provides gamers with a rollercoaster ride of car chases and getaway sequences that may prove to the most amazing of your life.

The dramatic story revolves round professional bank robber whose son is kidnapped as a bribe by the notorious gangland honcho, Charlie Jolson. As the thieving Mark, your character tries vainly to rid himself of his seedy past, but finally reaches the last straw. Descending back into the life of the seedy underworld, Mark must use everything in his power to find and rescue his son, and to redeem himself in the process.

What makes the getaway so unusual is how Studio Soho has diligently re-created more than 70 square kilometers of the heart of London. Players will use both their feet and more than 50 different cars to explore the huge cityscape, from the Tower of London, Big Ben, to Kensington Palace. Cars are all based on the real-life models, and though you would think that Sony would provide details on this aspect, such as whether the cars will be fully licensed or not, we're sure to find out more on this game in the near future (like E3!).

While realism is of the utmost importance in re-creating the environments, the driving looks to be a little more radical. Players can perform wild and astounding stunts in their cars. Some of these stunts include two-wheel races down back alleys, jumps and skids. If you remember and loved Driver, then The Getaway appears to take the next step forward. Players enter real-life city, packed with moving cars, pedestrians and unforeseen obstacles. As you try to retrieve your son by any means possible, a wide variety of characters, created with startling realism, will interact with you, engrossing you even deeper into new unruly quagmires.

So basically of it takes you ten minutes in real life to get from one place to another, it will take you that long in the game.....:eek:

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/35.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/36.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/37.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/38.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/13.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/39.jpg'>

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/the_getaway/screenshots/images/11.jpg'>

Video gaming at it's finest:king:

Guest ctrl+alt+del

im gonna see how much i can get for trading in my n64+3 controllers with memory and rumble paks for each+13 games

vigilante 8

super mario bros

1080 snowboarding

star wars

mario kart

cruisn usa

perfect dark

zelda (ocarina[gold version])

zelda (majoras)

mario tennis

south park

donkey kong

goldeneye

im sure i could get a grip for all that, then i could get a ps2 and gta3. definitely worth it.

ive played GTA3 at a mates

always cranking the game at a mates house, chuk on a few cheats and bada bing bada boom!

got all weapons

jus run about blowing shit the fuck up

its maddddd

Originally posted by d-town_bomber

as much as ive played gta3 i still havent managed to fuck any of the videogame hoes

Dude you just get a nice car and go pick 'em up. Then find a nice alleyway or something and fuck away.....

Pure genius.....

Originally posted by d-town_bomber

as much as ive played gta3 i still havent managed to fuck any of the videogame hoes

pickem up

drive them to the park

and watch the car rock back and forth

.. my 10 year old bro showed me how

hahahahahahahahahahah

when you're done,

dont forget to kill them and get your money back

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by deznatori

It better have a radio station in the car of Hair Metal or I'll be pissed though

good call!

and a station devoted to Lionel Ritchie, Peter Gabriel, Steve Winwood and Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine !!!

(with a cameo appearance by Tubbs from Miami Vice)

Originally posted by --zeSto--

good call!

and a station devoted to Lionel Ritchie, Peter Gabriel, Steve Winwood and Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine !!!

(with a cameo appearance by Tubbs from Miami Vice)

i dont even play GTA and that sounds bad. listen to "do it to me one more time" while you kill everybody.

Guest HESHIANDET

i can't get past the part where i have to blow up all the coffee stands. dusty needs to come over and do it for me.

Guest --zeSto--

with the coffee stands.... get a map from the net.

I've seen maps specificaly for that mission.

You start on Stanton (sp? It's been a few months.) and cross that way.

Use a cartell cruiser or a super fast car with the health cheat.*

* you know the restore health cheat will put out a fire on a car. Very usefull for the diablo race and the coffee stand mission.

Archived