Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Weapon X

I know this just a tad early, but I thought I’d let you know something. I ran into this hardcore geek that I know at the bar yesterday, and he told me what he’s been hearing about the next Grand Theft Auto. Apparently, the working title so far is GTA: San Andreas. I can see it so well – helicopter chases on the highway, drivebys on gangsters, dodging beast in the laneways.

Also, supposedly GTA: 6 will be the sequel to GTA: 3, meaning more Liberty City.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stole this off of a gta board. A lot of it is stupid, but you gotta love these kids’ detective skills.

ALL THE SA HINTS!!!

Do You Have Any To Add? Or Is This All Of The San Andreas Hints?

Grand Theft Auto:

San Andreas is in the first Grand Theft Auto. In the first Grand Theft Auto there are 3 islands, Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas. As you should know, the previous cities, Liberty City and Vice City have been made 3D, why would they not make San Andreas 3D?

Francis International Airport:

The website Francis International Airport contains a bunch of different locations from all over the world. The locations are: London, San Andreas, Vice City, Miami, Bogota, Amsterdam, Bangkok, Toronto, Leith and Tokyo. All of the locations are either places where R* has important headquarters, or where a game has taken place. Notice San Andreas is one of them. And R* does Not have important headquarters in San Andreas, and San Andreas has not yet been a game, so what else can this mean?

Airport:

In Vice City at the airport there are a few containers. On the side of them is written: SOUTH WEST SHIPPING co. San Andreas is based In Calfornia which is in the south-west of America.

Websites Hints:

Two websites have been registered by Richard Kruger, Richard Kruger is Rockstars webmaster, the sites he has registered are as followed, www.gtasanandreas.com and www.grandtheftautosanandreas.com. Sam Houser of Take 2 interactive software has registered GTA4.com and Grandtheftauto4.com.

Another Hint:

If you havent noticed, over at www.gtasanandreas.com there is a whole lot of advertising having to do with the state of California on it. That site is registered by Richard Kruger (Which is Rockstar's webmaster), so he could have chosen all that advertising to be there on purpose. Could this be a hint of the next game being set in California? Remember, San Andreas is based off of San Francisco, which is located in California!

California Area Code:

You know the barricade around the corner from the back entrance of the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory? Well on the sign, there is a phone number. The phone number has the digits "661". According to several people on the foreign forum I found this hint on, 661 is the area code for California, which is where San Francisco is, and also where the game is suppose to take place. Of course I had to look it up myself, and I found that 661 is the area code for California!

San Andreas in 1977:

As most of you know, there's very large rumour going around that San Andreas is to be set in the 70`s. Since GTA3 is set in the 90`s and Vice City is set in the 80`s, we figure that San Andreas will be set in the 70`s.

Sunshine Autos 'Spray and Go':

When I was playing Vice City a while back, I went to Sunshine Auto's to go to "Spray And Go". When I looked up, I saw a sign on the wall that said ‘‘EST. 1977'! Is this a clue that San Andreas will be set in 1977?

VCN Maverick Hint:

On the VCN Maverick in Vice City, it says: D193SA. A lot of people think it means: 'December 13 2003 San Andreas'. VCN maverick is a news helicopter, so that could mean thats when Rockstar will release further news on San Andreas. We'll find out soon!

3 days, 1 hours, 36 minutes, and 34 seconds left until December 19th 2003!(Recorded at 10:23pm US eastern time)

BJ Smith, San Andreas, in the 70's:

On the Radio, Bj Smith says that he got a broken leg while playing against San Andreas in the 70's. Does this mean that the game is gonna take place in the 70's?

VC Criminal Rating:

In vice City there’s a Criminal Rating called 'SA Goon 1000 1004', well the obvious thing you would notice in that is that 'SA' could easily stand for 'San Andreas'. But if you look even closer, you'll notice that if you add the numbers in the rating together, you get 2004! Rockstar has already confirmed the release date of the next gta game, but this just adds an even bigger hint toward the name of the next gta game! So 'SA Goon 1000 1004' must stand for 'San Andreas Goon 2004'!

Pedestrian Comments:

“I hope San Andreas is heaven”

“I’m going to Las Vegas”

Things in VC with the initials, SA(San Andreas):

Sunshine Autos.

Shady Acres

ALL INFO(Hints) SHOWN HERE WAS RECIEVED FROM www.SA-Source.com!

From gta-sanandreas.com

Text from IGN.com. Special thanks to salmonski3@comcast.net for letting me know about it.

A few well-connected folks who have friends at Rockstar North have told IGN that the next GTA will use Sony's upcoming HDD (Hard-Disc Drive, due out in March as a bundle pack with Final Fantasy XI). While we honestly have a hard time believing any of the rumors constantly surrounding the next GTA, this one is very credible. Rockstar wants to show the world that this next iteration is no add-on, and it's built up such a commotion, it now has a lot to live up to. Our contact suggests the HDD will enable players to store ripped music to be played on the numerous vehicle radio stations. It could be used for add-on new vehicles, and possibly even modifiable missions, too. That last one, well, we're a little leery of that happening. But it will be interesting either way.

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.rockstargames.com/libertytree/story3.jpg'>

FBI sources claim a well-known female bank robber and stick up merchant may now be operating in the Liberty City area. Police believe the above picture is of a mysterious and very dangerous female connected to a number of bank robberies in the southwest over the past three years. The FBI have been after this woman for several years now, following a string of robberies in Texas and New Mexico, and now believe she may have relocated to Liberty City, possibly with an accomplice.

The woman, of mixed Dominican and Colombian descent, is regarded as extremely dangerous, especially if you are a bank teller with a shot gun in your throat. She has, to date, avoided capture or apprehension by the security forces and is to be approached with extreme care.

Asked why they thought she was now living in Liberty City, our sources said, "We raided her apartment last week in one of those funny towns down south with a Spanish name, Los Something or other, or San Somebody, and we found a ticket with a flight to Francis International Airport. It didn't take us long to realize this was the airport in Liberty City, but just to make sure, we rang up and checked and then looked on the internet. However, this extra research meant she slipped through our fingers again, and is now still at large. We ask ordinary citizens not to worry. The full power and might of our incredible investigative team will be brought to bear on this woman, just as soon we find her. If you do see her, we suggest keeping very calm, before screaming 'Help, I'm in the presence of a dangerous psychotic lunatic. Please call the FBI right away!' In order to expedite this, we suggest ordinary citizens practice this whenever they are out and about."

from the Liberty Tree

LOS ANGELES!

Yeah Liberty City was made after NYC, Vice City after Miami, and judging by the name San Andreas it's gonna be made after L.A.... yeah... True Crime Streets of L.A. had a nice concept using all the actual streets and side streets and freeways, but the graphics were so-so, the graffiti was fake, and they didn't have the whole city like South Central or the L.A. river or the valley. but they made it big as fuck.

Guest me IS cool

Damn those nerds over at gtadiscusson or whatever sure do read into what goes on in a game. I rarely notice what's going because I keep getting shot and crash a lot.

I'm still waiting for my Doom3. :king:

Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

the graffiti was fake

what slightly annoyed me is that in gta 3 and vice city the graffiti was exactly the same...they used the same rebel and princess outlines combined with bullshit graphic design fake graffiti in both games...even though one was set in 2001 in newyork and the other was set in miami in the 80's....its like they paid attension to so many other details why did they overlook that?

oh and theo, are you from LA? that would be freaky driving around in your own city on a video game...cool but freaky..how accurate was it could you like drive around by yourself without looking at any form of map?

Re: Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by fatbastard

what slightly annoyed me is that in gta 3 and vice city the graffiti was exactly the same...they used the same rebel and princess outlines combined with bullshit graphic design fake graffiti in both games...even though one was set in 2001 in newyork and the other was set in miami in the 80's....its like they paid attension to so many other details why did they overlook that?

they actually had a CEBZ PEREZ TAGS in the game and those are real miami writers

Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Yeah Liberty City was made after NYC, Vice City after Miami, and judging by the name San Andreas it's gonna be made after L.A.... yeah... True Crime Streets of L.A. had a nice concept using all the actual streets and side streets and freeways, but the graphics were so-so, the graffiti was fake, and they didn't have the whole city like South Central or the L.A. river or the valley. but they made it big as fuck.

A tad bit more surfing and I realized that it may in fact be San Francisco it’s after. Prety nice, what, with all those hills.

Re: Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by fatbastard

oh and theo, are you from LA? that would be freaky driving around in your own city on a video game...cool but freaky..how accurate was it could you like drive around by yourself without looking at any form of map?

Yes, I was born and raised in L.A.

And you're right it was cool but freaky. What impressed me about the game more than anything was that it had EVERY freeway, street, and the little neighborhood SIDESTREETS in the game. Now keep in mind, on the game they didn't use the ENTIRE L.A. but they did select a major portion of the city for the map in the game. I'd say about 70% of the city of L.A. was used, but maybe about 50% if you were to count the connected cities that make up L.A. like Inglewood or Long Beach or Compton (which aren't in the game). The streets itself are 100% accurate, and all the major L.A. landmarks and skyscrapers are there. The game is so huge that I don't believe if you played the game for 1 month straight that you could drive down every street. But for houses it's not building for building accurate, but they'll put apartments where apartments are, small houses where the small houses are, and big houses in the rich areas. Some shit like corner stores like the Check Cashing near Pico & Crenshaw and the Blockbuster Video near Wilshire & La Brea are there. My high school is there. I even drove by some graffiti yards I used to hit up like Motor Yard or Belmont. They're not accurate -- like you won't see graffiti and it won't even look the same, but the space where it should be is there. It's definitely a must have for anybody from L.A... cool to drive around the city, and you'll see you don't need the map if you've driven around it in real life. The downside is that from time to time True Crime will freeze or crash for the simple fact that it's so HUGE. Had to have taken a lot of memory to make. I'd say it's at least 10 times bigger than Vice City or GTA3. The graphics aren't as good and I wish they could've spent more time on it because the concept is excellent. But they didn't include the hoods like Compton in the map on the game. Or the L.A. River. They basically mapped off everything from Downtown all the way West to the Beach... south of the San Fernando Valley and North of South Central... that's the map on the game. I'm done rambling.

Re: Re: Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by king kong

they actually had a CEBZ PEREZ TAGS in the game and those are real miami writers

oh ok, i didnt know that...i havent got that far in vice city yet. were cebz and perez early 80's writers?

but even so why did they put all that bullshit unrealistic graphic design crap in there and add the exact rebel and princess in vice city as in gta3?

i dont know i just think details are important.

Doom 2 had me jumping out of my seat sometimes.

TheoHuxtable, that sounds wicked, how True Crime is so much like the real Los Angeles. I can’t wait until the future, when they have games like that for my city.

Sony’s The Getaway was an awesome game (albeit too easy once we realized how to heal). That had a lot of London as it is.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Sony’s The Getaway was an awesome game (albeit too easy once we realized how to heal). That had a lot of London as it is.

The Getaway was good, but it could have been so much better. The controls were impossible.....

Hopefully they'll make another, better, one....