Graffiti & Veganism

Guest SaddamInsane

Guest SaddamInsane

Why is it that so many graffiti writers I meet online are vegans? It's like a substantial number of writers are vegetarians. Why is this? Is there some sort of link? Is veganism the 6th element of Hip Hop? I thought most graff writers would get a burger at Carl's Jr. anytime. Order a pepperoni pizza. Or have some roasted chicken or turkey.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, i'm not too sure of many other veggie writers either. i know 2, including the one i've met online. i think x773x might be and that'd make 3. i dono, i don't think its related at all. people are just recognizing the travesty that is happening and people care, whether for the environment or their health or animal rights, its not related to the fact that they write.

i know this pathetic, skinny poser that once told me that if he could, he wouldn't even eat vegetables or fruit because he felt sorry for them. He said that sometimes it brought a tear to his eye.

he would preach and preach and preach about the wrongs of anything other than veganism.

a month or so later, he was back to eating meat. I've seen him litter, too. I eat meat, but I sometimes do my civic duty when drinking in a park.

pathetic queen street trendhopping homosexual jockriding "hippie"ocryte!

i just dont like dead things that used to have faces in my mouth. i always laugh when my vegan friends try to get me to go all the way to being vegan by showing me some slaughterhouse video....im rolling on the floor laughing at minks getting anally electrocuted and theyre telling me im sick. whatever. i wont eat meat, but im the least vegetarian vegetarian ever. i play with roadkill.

Originally posted by Weapon X

a vegan wouldn't last in the cold temperatures of the boreal forest. i don't like vegans. They are one step above gays, at least. Yeah, unfortunately, there are a lot of vegan homosexual writers coming up, but i doubt many of them are even half decent.

your a fuck, go suck a mounties dick, stupid canuck.

im vegan, hate me

if we were not supposed to eat animals then they wouldn't be made of meat.

i don't feel like i've ate enough when "i've just had the salad"

salad is food for my food.

vegetarians shouldn't just hate on us, go hunt down all the lions, tigers, and bears and kick their asses whenever they catch something and eat it,then try to explain their "point of view" to an instinctual meat eater.if they covince a lion, then i'll go vegan!happy?;)

Originally posted by ragsoe505

if we were not supposed to eat animals then they wouldn't be made of meat.

i don't feel like i've ate enough when "i've just had the salad"

salad is food for my food.

vegetarians shouldn't just hate on us, go hunt down all the lions, tigers, and bears and kick their asses whenever they catch something and eat it,then try to explain their "point of view" to an instinctual meat eater.if they covince a lion, then i'll go vegan!happy?;)

you just used every cliche line in the book...at least get original with your disses. and it seems like your saying that all animals are on the same level as humans, so your whole argument is garbage.

Guest socrates

Yes I do...I remember back in high school there was this thing called the "vegan mobile" that would go down the street spittin propoganda and every day I'd just roll over to jack in the box get a burger and leave it on the window

my best argument - this is for you, footsoldier. no offense, of couse. you're cool and all, just saying: I have heard that vegans can't use animal by-products whatsoever. This includes certain cigarettes, beer, sitting on leather couches, and what not.

Did you ever think that cars, buses, etc. run on fossil fuels? maybe the natural gas heating of your home?

That's all I'm saying. I guess I should retract from my first post a bit, and say that veganism is alright. It's just that I used to know too many vegans who talked about it waaay too much. It's almost as bad a conversational bar topic as terrorism and osama or some shit.

Originally posted by Weapon X

my best argument - this is for you, footsoldier. no offense, of couse. you're cool and all, just saying: I have heard that vegans can't use animal by-products whatsoever. This includes certain cigarettes, beer, sitting on leather couches, and what not.

Did you ever think that cars, buses, etc. run on fossil fuels? maybe the natural gas heating of your home?

That's all I'm saying. I guess I should retract from my first post a bit, and say that veganism is alright. It's just that I used to know too many vegans who talked about it waaay too much. It's almost as bad a conversational bar topic as terrorism and osama or some shit.

i love it when people overanalyze and nitpick.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

i love it when people overanalyze and nitpick.

when you're bashed constantly by the trend hopping queen street bar hopping crowd for your meat eating ways, then half of them prove to be fakes, you gotta analyze things. a lot of vegans are flaming vegans, knamean? they go a little overboard with that shit.

vegetarians are cool, still.

my point is just this: i dont care. i just dont eat meat. woooo hooo. look at me go out and fly a flag for my stupid beliefs. seriously, people who fight for causes are fucking losers. in the exact way that most of the people in our precious little "underground" scenes are losers themselves, they need people to hold them up and support them (punk rock is the one "shining" example i can think of...) if you live your life fighting for animals rights, your going to fail. nothing will change, the most you can do is just stop eating it and shut the fuck up already about your petty and irrellevant(sp?) beliefs. no one deserves to be on a pedastal and humanity is all going down the shitter together.

fuck what was my original point....ummm...fuck....oh yeah. the whole "this and that" of what "vegans" can and cant do. i really hate that shit. i hate hearing it as a vegetarian, its like "ok....real simple. me no eat animal". who cares? the flaming vegans and the kids who are always the most die hard sXe are always the first to "sellout". im sorry, but its just the way it is. you fight so hard for something and turn on it. blah.

why'd somebody have to bring up sXe? fuckin a.

anyways, i guess i'm one of those 'sensite AR' kids, so i'll argue it.

i believe the evolution of majority, and i believe that because of that ALL life is equal, yes, that means plants and bacteria and humans and cows and frogs all hold the same significance in my eyes. however, this is LIFE, life is perpetuated by life consuming other life, in ALL circles, this is an inescapable necessity for life. i realize the sensitivity of plants (plants have the ability to recognize their caretaker, thats pretty stunning). however as an animal my mind is more easily attached to the pain and suffering that i see when cows are beaten to death, pigs are crushed with bricks, minks are electrocuted, and the like. i think its fucking sick, but thats not the point, much of this world is sick, the point is that it is entirely UNNECESSARY. we as humans are fully capable of living on ONLY plants to complete our dietary needs. TRUTH. the grazing fields it takes to feed a cow before it reaches the slaughter house, if used to grow high protein plants (soy is not the best, so dont hit me there) could end the starvation of hundreds of people around the globe. 40,000 children (children, not adults) starve to death every day. we grow grass to feed cows, why? cuz we're too fucking selfish and "manly" to eat a vegetarian (or vegan) diet. this is bullshit. i will stand up for my causes tyler durden, if you won't stand for a cause you're a fucking worthless human. you're a goddamn sheep to this system. i hate punk rock, but personal beliefs and fighting for them will free this world from this enslavement to 'the man' to drugs to money to everything terrible.

fuck you.

Originally posted by footsoldier

you just used every cliche line in the book...at least get original with your disses. and it seems like your saying that all animals are on the same level as humans, so your whole argument is garbage.

it wasn't an argument, it was me stating my opinion. i eat meat. you don't. where's the argument? i've never read the book you are reffering to either. and i don't plan on getting involved with the meat-no meat issue, i am comfortable with eating meat and also with you not eating meat.have a good day. or a burger! (sorry couldn't help it):rolleyes:

Archived