Graffiti sells burgers?

awkward eye

So I was watching tv a minute ago..And noticed that Burger King got Cycle to do a throw up for one of their commercials..They're not the only ones who thinks graffiti will sell there crappy fast food..I also noticed Checkers and MacD's have graff in their commercials..What the fuck is going on?:confused: I'm all for artist getting paid for their work..I just dont understand the obsession with these huge companys putting graff in their shit!:heated:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

no, awkward eye, i wasn't talking about you. just 12oz in general. the way everone on the board thinks that being against anything mainstream is cool. ie, music, trucker hats, etc...

and ABC, is way ahead of the game on this one, ABC been hating on graffiti for a minute now. word life, son.

Yea i posted in another thread that i saw a cycle throw in a burger king commercial(why on a car door?). i dont mind seeing it in commercials.....no matter how popular it gets you wont have a large amount of people doing it because of fear of getting arrested. and its funny to see some kids who spend theyre time fucking up peoples property actually get paid because of it. i wonder if burger king will be "str8 hipp hoperin it from da streets" with etched windows ect? they think if kids see graffiti, people bustin da illyomatic rhyme, or bboys they will get more business. and they will, but mainly from white, ten year olds from the suburbs who emulate that culture.

These companies are stupid, if they were smart instead of using gimmicks to sell burgers why not just make GOOD TASTING food that doesn’t give you diarrhea in 20 minutes. I suppose having a restaurant that didn’t resemble a cesspool and make sure your employees didn’t spit in the food wouldn’t hurt either.

i love comedy central but that whole "comic remix" theme was dousetastic.

advertising is crazy for using whatever is "cool" to sell things it gets soo ridiculous yet they always profit from it.

i wonder if jesus was a rapper?....

english-bud2.jpg

this work is by ron english who is a genius if you ask me.

another interestion link:

http://www.crispinsartwell.com/grafad.htm

NOW THESE GUYS ARE MAKING DOLLARS:

http://www.altterrain.com/graffiti_advertising.htm

just happened to come across this:

Graffitit: Art or Disorder?

Originally posted by awkward eye

Hey Deto I wasn't hating on anyone. Just interested in what you guys here think about the whole graff in commercials shit.:idea:

graffiti is wack.

like that?

Originally posted by rental

ren and stimpy?

sidenote: i need to clean my cat box

you better take care of that shit before all hell brakes loose and your house smells like a crackhouse.

yes...i try to stay on it because its in my bathroom which adjoins my bedroom. i always keep the window open in there. one time i think i waited so long that the stench started to come through the wall into the computer room. or it might have just been wafting out of my door. either way i wish i was a little more responsible...

Archived