Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

graffiti school

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by INDEPENDENZA, Jan 21, 2002.

1. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

the city recently put out an advertising through a local graffiti website, offering jobs to graffiti writers only. One job consists of managing and dealing with 3 legal walls, the other is organising legal murals throughout the city, and the last job is giving graffiti classes to kids. They will examine each submission, and there will be an interview with 2 city officials and an ex-writer.

do you think graffiti is something to be taught at school? they want you to teach how to paint a nice piece.
    In my opinion its strange that the city tries to encourage kids to graff, so that when they grow up, theyre good at bombing, because some of those kids will probably be corrupted.

2. KRAUT

KRAUT Junior Member

what "city" are you talkin about?;)

3. whoremoan

whoremoan Guest

yea what fahkin city guy

4. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

wow, I won a free boat in a raffle! all I need to do is go down to the police station to pick it up....

I'd be concerned about what the city is really after...

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

you won a free boat? dude, thas awesome! i just won a ham and a new cooler! i need to pick mine up tomorrow at 2:30. i cant wait for that ham, its candied ya know!

6. 455

455 Guest

There was someone who wanted me to talk about graffiti at a seminar for this middle school where I live.The dude got my phone number from someone who knew me and called me out of the blue.He called back a few days later and I told him he must have got the wrong number-I wouldn't want to do that(explaining graffiti)..that is up to the person themselves if they get sparked to do it.Not to mention,the whole episode was just too weird.It sketched me out.......and I have yet to find out who "the person" is who knew me.

7. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

well maybe the city got smart and decided that maybe if they teach kids how to do graffiti then they won't see a bunch of wack shit painted on walls therefor everything will look good

8. INDEPENDENZA

INDEPENDENZA Guest

la ciudad del Monte Real, en el grande pais del Québéco

9. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Hee hee hee
    HAHAHAHAHA

10. *SIZEROKS*

*SIZEROKS* Veteran Member

SOUNDS VERRY FISHY, I BELIEVE THAT GRAFF IS SOMETHING YOU LEARN ON YOUR OWN OR IS PASSED DOWN TO YOU FROM MENTORS OR CREW MEMBERS........I THINK THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF GRAFITTI SCHOOL IS REDICULAS......MY TOWN IS WHERE I LEARNED HOW TO GET DOWN, NOT SOME CLASS ROOM.

11. Wilt

Wilt Guest

screw it...tell em you'll do it and show up with a flame thrower and burn the little fucks alive.that'll teach em a thing or two.

12. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

I've heard of a few cities doing community art programs for the kids. It's mostly to build self esteem and community pride by having these kids paint a mural. But I dunno ... what you are describing sounds kinda fishy (or porky if you will).

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

geezuz...........................would somebody PLEASE punch me in the face.

14. Are2

Are2 Guest

yeah..there was a program in d.c. that taught graf to inner city elemetary school kids...who knows why they thought that was a good idea..but it happens..

the program was hip hop oriented..not specific to graf.,.

maybe the city realizes they aren't winnind the war on graf, so at least they could have some nice graf taught to kids so that when they paint, it is something constructive, and positive....or they don't feel like spending money on artists to beautify, so they get graf writers to do it for free?

who knows..
    anyway, if there are no entrapment laws protecting you, i'd think twice before sitting down with city officials...

15. pantiefreeze

pantiefreeze New Jack

I heard about a berry undercover program at Genzyme to create superhuman writers. They cloned Cope2 and gave him a third arm and the cock and balls of the race horse, "Drinking and Driving". I heard he writes Z-Ski. That is some 21st century shit.

mad grappling hooks