Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Graffiti isn't ART! its vandalism!

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Bamzie PFK, May 21, 2002.

1. Bamzie PFK

Bamzie PFK New Jack

this is for an english esasay, i need both arguments for and against. post plz...
    wrtiters
    guernzers
    and the know whow...
    oops...

keep writin':crazy:

2. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

why do you kids always have to write about graffiti? write about fluffy bunnies or pedophiles

3. REZK one

REZK one Junior Member

i would never write about graffiti cause people just don't understand it and thats good. i think some people i could bomb their front door with them watching and they'd stand there wondering what the hell was going on and by the time they realize what happened i'd be gone. oh yeah about the topic. i think if it has tons of style and great colors and a good grasp for what they are doing than it is art, but some toy doin a JNCO tag on his school bus is vandalism.

4. CAPS

CAPS Member

funny.......

well this is odd because I am writing an article for the local paper on graff so I feel your pain.

Personally I would say that graff at it's heart, and I mean HEART is about creativity. The line blurs into vandalism in only a few aspects. When graff is done on public or private property YES of coarse it's vandalism but in the fact that it takes creativity (even the most busted gang throwie or pen tag took someone to CREATE it) is at its heart .....art. Graff can be looked at as nothing more than man's basic instinct to scratch on a cave wall to tell a story, claim ownership, or to simply be creative.

My thought.

CAPS

5. BizOne

BizOne Senior Member

Vandalism = Illegal destruction of another person's property

95% of graffiti doesn't "destroy" anything. Paint fades.

6. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i wrote an essay like this for english 12 and got 94 % , but too bad i threw it in the garbage as soon as summer came around

7. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

i almost always write about conspiracy theories. teachers thing im odd.

8. Bamzie PFK

Bamzie PFK New Jack

thanx, but im a writer...

sorry bout this thread, but there's no fuckin writin about graf anywhere! no good stuff at least. every1s i hate graf this, and ban graf that...
    its fuckin annoying!
    :mad:
    the only thing "for" graf is the sites. and the only writin' goin on there is the fuckin pieces.

thanx neway...
    i would like some more posts.

now thats an idea!:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

9. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

and why the fuck do they always come on here and expect us to write the fucking things FOR them

10. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

its bad enough that you write to get a name up.."cry out to the world"
    but its straight gay when you want your class to know that you're a "tagger"

11. d-town_bomber

d-town_bomber Veteran Member

that is straight gay hahaha

12. fizm

fizm Member

yeah i hate it when people see me sketching and ask me stupid questions.

i wrote an essay on skratch music one time. it was pretty terrible.

13. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

wrong. Graffiti = illegal defacement of public or private property.
    if you write with water soluable ink on a storefront, it's still graffiti.
    plus... some surfaces (stone, slate, some concrete) becomes weaker after
    getting painted and even more so after getting buffed.

* dont paint on stone *

and then there's scratches and etch....

think of it like this...
    Everyone likes a well painted 'mural' production.
    Only writters even understand scratches and most tags.
    Art is in the eye of the beholder... and I'd say only 10% of graff woud be
    called art by the majority of people.

14. sneak

sneak Guest

there are only so many things u can say bout moe

15. -MOE LESTER-

-MOE LESTER- Guest

im demented, thats all there is to say