Graffiti in National Geographic?

alkaline

I seem to remember somebody posting a picture from National Geographic a while back that contained a picture of the inside of a Ney York subway car that was crushed. I did a search, but came up empty handed. I'm not sure if it was an article about the subway system or about graffiti or what, but if anybody knows what issue of National Geographic this photo appeared in, please let me know. I found out that my future father-in-law has every issue since like 1970 or something in his garage, and I don't feel like going through them all.

Thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

i had that magazine in a class onetime like, sophomore year of high school doing a collage about new york city. unfortunetely i dont know the year or date of it...

arent you glad i replied?

Guest fr8lover

okay check this out, im almost positive that it was brooklyn because if i remember correctly they had a HUGGE picture of the brooklyn bridge in relation to the borough.

if that helps any. not positive.

It is on Brooklyn...I have it..between 1980-1984...and there is also another one on the underground of NYC and they are going through one of the deepest tunnels in NYC and they find a SANE tag..in the very middle and go on to breifly explain the history of SANE and his myth like stature as a writer....and they are bewildered at the fact he walked that tunnel....good stuff.The Brooklyn issue has the photo that was used on the cover of FATCAP...a euro mag from about 93...

"I sleep on my stomach, so I don't fuck up my sheets."

Guest --zeSto--

I was going to just say wrong... but there may be two issues.

The one I'm thining of is about Harlem.

It's got a little girl with a freezie infront of a taged wall on the cover.

“Growing Up in East Harlem,” National

Geographic (May 1990) might be it.

I found a website that has general listings of most issues. Here is what I found:

May 1980 - Long Island

May 1983 - Brooklyn

September 1990 - New York City

I'm going to did through the stacks this weekend, and I'll let you guys know if I find it. If you guys have it already and can dig it out before me, and you feel like posting the articles, please do. If not, I'll see what I can do next week.

What issue is that SANE bit in?

Originally posted by strizzy

try the library, they usually have every national geographic.

Like I said before, my future father-in-law has every issue since the 70's I think. I just don't want to go through them one by one, because my fiance and her family live about 150 miles away from me, and I didn't want to spend my whole weekend in his garage.

Originally posted by Hue Jass

my grandpas got from 1976-1980 somthing ill check that out... thats a whole closet full of yellow

Then there's got to be more than four years. I have about 30-40 years worth and it doesn't even fill a full five shelf bookcase. I actually acquired these mags along with a bunch of other stuff I wanted. Do you realize how hard it is to get rid of that many magazines?

Archived