Graffiti Grapher

Joker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

please believe I was going to do a direct copy of a joker simple.....

but my eyes hurt and I need to go home. nice find though.

I've always been one to ramble on about the math behind it

and how 'line logic' is a very simple formula. if a 't' has an intersection

and both lines have a slight curve, then that curve must work in the overlapped area too.

but yeah.... I ramble about this all the time.

math is also now being used to test paintings to see who did them or whether they're fakes..

Want to be able to tell a real work of art from a forgery? Do the maths

By Steve Connor Science Editor

23 November 2004

Scientists have created a computer that can tell the mathematical difference between a genuine work of art and a forgery by analysing features invisible to the human eye, paving the way to a new method of art fraud detection

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/scienc...sp?story=585770

"We have been able to mathematically capture subtle characteristics of an artist that are not necessarily visible to the human eye," he said. "We expect this technique, in collaboration with existing physical authentication, to play an important role in the field of art authentication. Similar methods have been used to analyse works of literature.

"We can find things in art work that are unique to the artist, such as the subtle choice of words or phrasing and cadence that are characteristic of a certain writer."

Scientists had to program the computer with an artist's personal style of painting or drawing using digital images of masterpieces known to be the work of the same painter. The machine was then able to decide whether a new work it subsequently analysed was likely to be a forgery.

Professor Farid and his colleagues analysed 13 drawings that had been attributed - at least at some time - to the Flemish artist Pieter Bruegel the Elder. The computer successfully distinguished between eight of the paintings known to be by the artist and five famous imitations by contemporary artists, including some by artists who intended to commit a forgery.