graffiti fashion

niso

graffiti in fashion

i have seen loda tops, t-shirt ect. all with some sort of graffiti infulence so i fort i would start thread on it. sorry if there as been one :

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/tshirtalex.jpg'>

alexone t-shirt for hixspet

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/teeshirtmambo.jpg'>

t-shirt by mambo for hixspet

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/swet_oclock.jpg'>

t-shirt by o'clock for hixspet

http://www.fatcap.co.uk/host/files/shoesidesmobey.jpg

obey show for dc show compainy

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by unconscience

do you really LIKE all of these clothes?

cuz if you do...

:lol: @ you.;)

good point. i eny saying i like em all i just fort i would be a good idera for a thread

I dont care what anyone says.... I'd wear that shirt in a second.

I'd be way more into something subtle like the shirt I quoted than

the t-shirts with pieces on them towards the bottom of niso's post.

I dont mind 'graffiti-esque' elements used in traditional art forms,

but I still think just a plain outline across the front of a cheap t-shirt

is a little boring. Plus is does draw a little attention to yourself.

hahahaha what are you talking about "will become played out" it already is and has been for a long time now.

There are People out there , Scien and Klor as a notable example, that have paid absolutly NO DUES what so ever , and they are pimpin the fuck out of graffiti aesthetics, the worst part is that becuase the are legal eagals they seem to have no idea what the powerful part fo graffiti is... THE ILLEGAL ACTIONS TAKEN BY THE WRITERS INVOLVED!

I cannot stress this enough! Even the graphic designers fashion designers seem to have caught on to this, look around in any youth oreinted clothing store at the moment, what do you see? DRIPS, incorperated into every design they can squeeze em on.Why? Because it reflects the more chaotic elements of bombing and civil disobedience, No one drips there paint on a chill wall!

So it is my advice that anyone who does suport graffiti in anyway should not partake in this prostitution of our beloved artform.

Let the real writers who are making clothing labels and shit make a buck and sell to all the consuming and easily turned sheep that buy into whatever is fashionable. (edit) *by this I mean ppl like WANE COD with WB clothing, Or In Australia Atome with his current project.*

I think anyone who is trying to make a buck offa graffiti without contributing to it in a valid way truly deserves a beat down!*

Boycott absolutly anything that has graffiti aesthetics but is not done by writers themselves, its not hard to tell, and lets all hope this fuckin fad burns out as quickly as possible so we can get back to wreckin shit in the name of graff not fashion.

Originally posted by yoink

I actually like the drip ones. The one Kilo quoted, and the one orange one is kinda funky. Def. might like akward to others at first, but still kinda neat.

kinda neat? fuck kinda neat, graffiti is raw , rugged and hardcore , anything kinda neat borrowing from graff is just not packing the right kinda punch mate.

Originally posted by -->Def$tar!

.... kinda neat borrowing from graff is just not packing the right kinda punch mate.

Sorry to open your eyes, but its everywhere around you whether you like it or not.

people are so sensitive to their kewl dude scene image.

On another note, I agree with pretty much everyoner here, I wouldnt so much as take a second glance at the majority of clothing nor would I buy stuff like it, but some can be appreciated, in some form or another.

argument ended.

Archived