Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

graffiti assemblies ?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by (ence, Nov 5, 2001.

1. (ence

(ence Guest

sure just about everbody on this site does graffiti and has stories and advice to tell and what not, but why not organize a "graffiti assembly" if you will...?
    has anyone read BOMB THE SUBURBS by William Upski Wimsat? if not you need to...its all about graffiti writing.... anyways...in Chicago William would organize nights where almost every writer in Chicago would go bomb on the same night...and in the morning...well...it looks like the mysterious graffiti fairies were a bit busy the night before, anyone think this can be done through 12ozprophet?...i realize there's plenty of greasy pork layin' around here, but we should be able to come up with ways to get past the security issues
    what do you guys think?
    :idea:

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i think you sound like a cop if ive ever heard one.

i was gonna close this, but instead i'll just leave it open so people can just make fun of you instead....

3. CATS

CATS Senior Member

You might be on the right track to getting yourself locked up brother.

4. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

wow thats a great idea man, lets meet at mcdonalds at 7oclock on friday. ill see ya there.

5. bear

bear Elite Member

that book is dope though.

6. (ence

(ence Guest

fuck...nobody's heard of that? come on some of you had to have read that book...CATS? you're a graffcat...haven't you read that book?
    so nobodie's down with the idea of organized graffiti ha?
    ok-

7. metallix

metallix Elite Member

yea..if ur in a crew, that seems wise. otherwise "get together and go bombing festival" is asking to get arrested.

8. (ence

(ence Guest

no way man...not unless peeps bring drugs and weapons with them.
    it would be like a mob kinda...if 1 person goes into walmart and steals a cd player...he'll probably get arrested if he gets caught, but if 200 people run into wal mart at the same time and start taking stuff out of the store with them, very few will see any consequences at all.

thats pretty funny just to imagine...

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

only if they bring drugs or weapons? jesus christ, your a dumb son of a bitch arent ya? just fuckign go away already...

10. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

haha i was at a 7-11 raid one time. damn that shit was funny, all these kids rushing in, knocked out the cameras and raided the spot. the worker guy just ran in theback... the best was when the slurpee machine got wheeled out of the store......

11. I Luv Roo

I Luv Roo Member

Like in the simpsons with Jimbo! HAHA!

12. CATS

CATS Senior Member

Listen....
    The only way this would work is with HARD WORK. I have read Bomb the Suburbs, and that was a great idea for Chi-town back then. The fact of that matter is technology has caught up to the criminal world. I believe in your idea, just on another scale. Try this.
    go to hiphop/punk shows around your city, you can meet other writers this way. Once youve met writes from other crews and get to know them you can work on this idea of yours. Stay UP!!!!

13. Dimm

Dimm New Jack

All City

What your refering to is an all city meeting, and yes chicago has one about every two years from some one trying to relive upski's tales but testosterone, and ego's get in the way, fights break out and no one gets to paint.

14. (ence

(ence Guest

ok ok... i'll give it a rest
    you guys are bastards

15. You Are a Toy

You Are a Toy Member