graffiti as a weapon

mishaco

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_SecretAgentX9
Originally posted by greedy mars

good post.

eh? why the hatred?

because there are no "burners"?

this is dope shit man. things go on outside of the u.s. (i am sure you've noticed) but lift up the graffiti typical thought process.

punk rock shit man. recognize.

fat post....that girl has courage.....in a land where u can be shot for just being suspected of being anti-israellie it takes alot of hear to rick your life to demand freedom and justice...evin though i have many problems with the palistanie leaders (sorry about the miss-spelling, no dis, but just ignorance on my part) i am totally down with there cause... any government that uses force on another people then use some bullshit religous order as an excuse for their sins is an enemy to me......props to those who are struggeling just to survive and be reconized as human beings

there was a while in the early-mid ninties when vandals in india (?) were painting

political slogans on the sides of cattle. Cattle being sacred (to hindus?) are left to there own devices; if there in your way you go around. Thus the cattle roamed the country with red political graffiti on them unhindered and most certanly unbuffed.

slightly fuzzie on the hard facts but you get the gist....

sorry no flix just the memory.... looks good on ya

Guest greedy mars
Originally posted by Serkoff

eh? why the hatred?

because there are no "burners"?

this is dope shit man. things go on outside of the u.s. (i am sure you've noticed) but lift up the graffiti typical thought process.

punk rock shit man. recognize.

no i said good post.. so good post . im not being sarcastic.. i said good post. agh. shit jet just pointed out to me that i put the thumb down. my bad i was aiming it up and clicked the rong thing. dam im an idiot..

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i likeded it

i thought it was powerful,

HOWEVER

is it graf...? just because its done with a can, does that make it graf? i personally dont like it when some fuck spraypaints a swastika or KKK or fucks up some headstones in a agraveyard, and the news and media label it as "graf". man, that shit aint graf. is it? what about here?

not tryin to start shit, maybe just peoples thoughts, see what y'all think.

or not.

holla

from dictionary.com :

graf·fi·to Pronunciation Key (gr-ft)

n. pl. graf·fi·ti (-t)

A drawing or inscription made on a wall or other surface, usually so as to be seen by the public.

or , as i originally wrote at the top of this thread : graffiti is a communications medium . i believe that we as purveyors of this art have an enormous amount of power . i think we should use that power .

the girl in the first photo is having her say against the isreali army in an occupied country .

this weblog from palestine will give you some insight about whats happening .

additionally , to answer :

"is it graf...? just because its done with a can, does that make it graf? "

some things contribute to the art and some do not . yer right dusty , spray painting kkk on headstones is mindless , useless hatred and is not graffiti . not every painted thing is art .

furthermore , most things you see in the media are not news stories either .

$ .02 ,

http://www.mishaco.com/single.gif'>

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by near

fat post....that girl has courage.....in a land where u can be shot for just being suspected of being anti-israellie

Yeah, no doubt just after the photo was taken the dude to the left chopped her down..:mad:

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

i likeded it

i thought it was powerful,

HOWEVER

is it graf...? just because its done with a can, does that make it graf? i personally dont like it when some fuck spraypaints a swastika or KKK or fucks up some headstones in a agraveyard, and the news and media label it as "graf". man, that shit aint graf. is it? what about here?

not tryin to start shit, maybe just peoples thoughts, see what y'all think.

or not.

holla

yes its graff, in the real sence of the word!

its definatly not "hip hop" graffiti which you are probly refering to.

graffiti has been around long before hip hop, i remember the first and very prolific graffiti i saw as a kid was both political slogans and yobo's upping there metal bands, I realize this was a diferent scene than in the US where to my knowledege graffiti has eminated outward from NY since the 70's. but think about gang graffiti especialy in LA and such and you will quickly realise the answer to your questions..NO its not hip hop graffiti these guys are not going for BIG UPS from there HOMIES or respect from other writers in there locality, the motivation to do this type of graffiti is a very different one, some might say much more based in reality rather than this vigilante style hobby we all seem to enjoy.

Archived