Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Graffiti and music..where the two meet

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SomeNothing, Oct 29, 2001.

1. SomeNothing

SomeNothing Guest

I was just kinda interested to see what some of the kids on here listen to....?
    If you like punk, what bands?
    Metal, what bands?
    Hip Hop, who?

2. bigguy

bigguy Senior Member

jazz and hip hop(instrumentals). my pleasure!:mexican:

3. CATS

CATS Senior Member

Dont be surprised if this gets booted to channel zero, But for the record
    Most hip hop, no bling bling.
    Punk, pennywise, 1208 my friends band, look for the new release on epitaph.
    Breakbeats
    Dave Matthews

4. AugustSpies

AugustSpies New Jack

I listen mostly to underground punk... screamo (Orchid, Jeromes' Dream, Cobra kai) Metal Core (Pg.99, Botch, Dillenger Escape Plan) and stuff like that.

some indyrock: Milemarker, Modest Mouse etc...

some hip hop: Kool Keith, Deltron 3030, Atmosphere...

5. GoBiloe

GoBiloe Guest

i wouldn't say that pg. 99 is "metal core". they're fucking good though, so that's cool. whatever, we have almost identical musical taste, so yay august spies.

math rock is good too. ex models, don caballero... mmmm...
    has anyone heard of this band hella? they are fucking amazing. no releases yet, but my friend got their demo at a show on bedford ave.

-i am nietzsche

6. AugustSpies

AugustSpies New Jack

Hmm I would say that Document 5 era pg.99 is definitly metal-core, their new stuff is moving in on the screamo range.

Don Cabellaro are pretty rad. Great song tittles "for a 15 year old you sure drink a lot of coffee"

we should tape trade or something...

im glad to see other Graf kids are into rad hardcore stuff.

7. The Helacious Dr. Dazzle

The Helacious Dr. Dazzle Member

Underground hip-hop, not gansta rap which I can't stand
    Various Hip--hop DJ's
    Classic rock like the Beatles, Zeppelin, ELO, etc.
    Def Leppard are the SHIT
    Radiohead are my fave
    Weezer are up there too
    I don't buy punk CD's but all my friends are into punk so I listen to it a lot

I have pretty diverse tastes.....

8. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

these music threads are really gettin' played out.

9. math rock? screamo? metal core? whatever, i just listen to music

10. platapie

platapie Guest

stuff that makes my booty move.

11. hipnos

hipnos Guest

12. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

tupac
    lostboys

lost of westcoast

13. escape603

escape603 Guest

I listen to hardcore. Some of my favorite bands are. . .

Ten Yard Fight, In My Eyes, Floorpunch, Shark Attack, Ensign, Carry On, The Limit, Cops N Robbers, Anti Heros, Blitz, The Bruisers, American Nightmare, Minor Threat, Blood for Blood, No Warning, Striking Distance, Moments Till Death, Pitboss 2000, Chain of Strength, Cro-Mags, Project X, Judge, Gorilla Biscuits, Stop and Think, Out Of Commission, Red Reaction, Madball, The Trouble, Uniform Choice, Right Brigade, No Warning, Over My Dead Body Last In Line and more . .

14. ILYSH

ILYSH Member

akira ifukube

15. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

underground hiphop...listen to drum and bass every now and then, steely dan, hendrix, marley...curtis mayfield, issac hayes....yesterdays new quintet, stan getz, assorted jazz...im well rounded in musical tastes i can listen to anything but these are just my prefrences...i dont really relate graffiti to hip hop anymore...the diversity of people who do graffiti in relationship to the music they listen to no longer hold graffiti to hiphop anymore...but word to the emcees who talk about graf in their music...