Graffilthy on the world market..

Gnes 37

i was talkin to some trade fucker saying how the europeans got that graffiti shit on lock in europe meaning sponsorship writer paint, clothing etc, do you see this market expanding why or why not, this probably will spawn a shitload of legal eagle beagles not that i really care unlike some of you hardcore illegal graff hounds i know the fact no matter how legal you make it there will alllways be illegal graff, but anyways the point of this thread is the world market of graffiti you know sooner or later them capitalist mofo will make this into something that can make money i thinks its gonna happen sooner or later the europeans seem to be eating it up i dont think the japanese would have a hard time eating it up but USA i dont see it coming for a long time yet but disacuss discuss id like to hear some shit on this.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmm thats interesting...it doesn't seem like it could ever be very legal here, but still i believe peeps will start exploiting it to make money...probably the media, the media will rape the fuck out of grafitti like they have with hip-hop...and they will exploit it like they've exploited black culture and everything else... in fact the idea of grafitti being an element of hip-hop i've heard is all the media's rendering...

there's a great article about it in the latest issue of a magazine called "Adbusters", along with a bunch of other really badass articles.

i would strongly reccomend it to any graff writers... you can pick it up at any magazine shop...

Guest imported_Tesseract

*Hmmmmm

I dont know Gnes,

First of all i think you're talkin having in mind "the montana team"

I aint no expert but if Montana is made by writers (is it?) it makes perfect sence to me why writers are willing to promote the paint and have the oppurtunity to travel around the world and paint for free (Legals aswell illegals as you may have seen in EUROPEs posts).

I dont expect to make money out of graffiti but i also do other stuff.

The whole FX crew and many others are getting paid to go paint in different countries on big legal walls.

Like it or not people got to live someway.I dont know what you have in mind for your self (anyone of us) but working at some dotcom in the morning and painting illegals at night isnt exactly an anticonformist attitude.

I personally like to see people who like what they do and dont concider it bad or good. Dont have to apologise for anything.

I also dont see the distinction between Europe,Japan and the US

Its people who write and everyone has needs that decides to take care in a personal way.

Graf a commercial sucess in the states . Yes and no , I think . One there are a few clothing lines that make it heavily known that graf is ther root of it's existence and then there are music video and other film producers that seek out graf writers to spice up the scenery in video shoots.

Also the use of graf handstyles showing up in the list of FONTS in some compute software .of course without graf being given it's due credit for it's attributes .

But the no side is the fact that American Pop-Culture has graf right at the tip of it's mouth .Definately the root -"HIP HOP" graf gets pushed to the back burner because of it being the only point of Hip Hop beside breakdancing , rapping and Dj's to constantly get bad press .Those giants in this country that control most of what consumers get shoved down it's throat are afraid to release the graf culture into the mainstream along with the it's raped cousins ( breakdancing, rapping and Djs) .

Unfortunatey in Europe and places abroad . Economy depends on American culture and in this case Pop-culture . The tremendous amount of revenues comming out of foreigners wanting to be like the US , has forced the "giants" of the European economy to turn the other cheek to the negatives of graf in order to maintain the flow of revenue . So until American society gives graf a chance to be fully recognized as an art form and a die-hard part of Hip-Hop (America's true pop-culture)don't expect European results .

i could see it happening a few years down the road. look at skateboarding-when i got into it like 10 years ago, there were no parks. you had to skate illegal spots and get kicked out by security guards or get arrested for skating. now there's some piece of shit prefabricated skatepark in every town. everybody play's tony hawk pro skater and watches the x-games. it's become totally commercialized overnightbut there's still some who continue skating the illegal spots. i don't see why the same thing couldn't happen to graf. there's already more and more legal walls, and there's already tons of graf imagery being ripped off by corporate america. all it took was tony hawk to legitimize skating, so who knows. next thing you know there's gonna be a legal wall in every town.

Living from it..

I just want to live from my art %100...I dont really differenciate between the manner in which I apply it anymore..Basically, I want to paint large walls with inticate detail....I also want to get up with bold block letters...I want to spend the day in the sun without stress..I like to sneak around at night...It's all good and for one common cause...I agree, the has to be the dark element, yet it's fine for writers who have established themselves to reap the benefits financially..THey deserve to..I think most of those Europeans have an incredible attitude to graffiti and the many diverse directions this culture has travelled...

Originally posted by Gnes 37

i was talkin to some trade fucker saying how the europeans got that graffiti shit on lock in europe meaning sponsorship writer paint, clothing etc, do you see this market expanding why or why not, this probably will spawn a shitload of legal eagle beagles not that i really care unlike some of you hardcore illegal graff hounds i know the fact no matter how legal you make it there will alllways be illegal graff, but anyways the point of this thread is the world market of graffiti you know sooner or later them capitalist mofo will make this into something that can make money i thinks its gonna happen sooner or later the europeans seem to be eating it up i dont think the japanese would have a hard time eating it up but USA i dont see it coming for a long time yet but disacuss discuss id like to hear some shit on this.....

that statement was defiantely in need of some periods

Re: Re: Graffilthy on the world market..

Originally posted by graffitiSUX

that statement was defiantely in need of some periods

yeah i know grammar isnt one of my better things,

but then your statement has nothing to do with this topic..:confused:

Archived