Graff Withdrawls?

BrainWash

The majority of serious writers i know, myself included,agree that they are somewhat addicted to graff.I was wondering if anybody gets withdrawls when you dont get out to paint. Most addictions have some sort of withdrawl after you stop, could this be any different?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I honestly haven't felt worse about life when something stops me from being able to paint for a while. I get depressed, spend countless hours on 12oz....and just wish that was me...

This kind of circumstance has only happened once or twice, but in general if its been a while and I get stuck somewhere without paint I just get really really pissed off and angly at life. So in short, yes, I get withdrawls.

I tend to drift off from it now and again and come up realizing that something feels different, as if something is truly missing from my life, and it becomes more and more difficult to place the longer I go without painting. Then I get out again, and it's like 'oh yeah, that's how I deal with all my pent up stress - this is great!'

Is that considered withdrawal? I guess not, but now I know painting to be quite therapuetic for me.

i am not a veteran writer but i remember when it was raining every day for a while and i had withdrawls, either that or when i am broke and cant paint i get some sort of withdrawls. the worst is when you really want to go paint but for some reason you can't.

Guest wakassOATH

ya i kinda do, when i lived at home i ued to paint twice a week

then i moved to korea for the year and i dont paint as often

when i first came here it was bad i really missed it

i got that feeling about a couple weeks ago im on probation right now for graff and cant paint ....i just need to spray a few scripts it is addicting as hell i just sit in school all day drawing bombs on my papers and hand styles......blaaaaaaa i cant take it :mad:

God i get withdrawals every fuckin day. If it was possible for me to paint every day, i would. Problem is, im too puss to go out by myself, and my 'friends' punk out alot. theyre not really hardcore anyhow. It blows :(

but deez-amn, i get mad withdrawls if i dont go paintin in over 4-5 days. ive actually re-organized my paint and fucking took a sniff or two just to try to stop my craving. lolol im really fucked up i swear.

yes, yes, yes...major withdrawl symptoms...it's like the bull shit keeps piling and fuckin piling until...the need to paint something fuckin anything supercedes food and sex...or i'm just mad pissed off. either way it's no good. on the other hand, when i'm in a good stretch of paintin i feels good......gooooooooood....

Originally posted by sectorTVA

mood swings...im alot happier right after i paint, i slowly get sadder the more time that passes between painting.

Re: ADDICTS

Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete

i forget where, but i heard you can become addicted to anything at all. school,licking cats,salt, you name it you can become an addict to it.

word...its more of a disorder for me...obsessive compulsive with graf...some people have extreme cases of obsessive compulsive disorder, where they always feel dirty and constantly wash their hands, or they constantly believe that a bump that they went over in the road is really a person, so they always go back and check to make sure its not a person. some people are obsessive compulsive with counting, they always have to count, mild cases can even enolve being obsessive compulsive with biting fingernails....so id say im obsessive compulsive with graf to the fullest...i always gotta be writing, practicing hand styles and what not....not sure how other writers are, but im a fiend for graf. this is more of a self diagnosis, i havent been to a psycologist about it yet....i dont think i will either. i also believe i have a severe anxiety disorder, im way too overly worried about people looking over my shoulder...in class when i have a thought, and i want to say it, my heart starts to race, i feel like a cant breath, and i prespire...i normally dont say whats on my mind in class because of this...im always in and out of mild to moderate depression too.. and have had thoughts of suicide, to the point i had the knife ready to go...but i thought for a while, and gave myself some time...i still think of suicide now and then (is this typical how many of you guys thought of it??), but not to the point where ill do it...creeps me out....my mind is all fucked up...

Re: ADDICTS

Originally posted by ctrlaltdelete

i forget where, but i heard you can become addicted to anything at all. school,licking cats,salt, you name it you can become an addict to it.

Addicted to licking? Like you have to lick stamps all day long....That would taste bad.:o

damn sector thats deep, as for the anxiety im dealing with that as we speak.that shit can have you fucking paralyzed. i used to sweat the small shit too,watching fight club schooled me to what really matters though.curious though why do you write if you are self concious of what people think?i mean in graf people are constantly analyzing you, doesnt seem to fit

I have something similar, whenever im in class, i have a fear i wont just blurt out something i cant controll, words like cock, or dam your hot, or weird stuff like bam or some shit, what ever is on my mind. Its even scarier when the teacher asks me to read something outloud, i spend the whole time reading just trying to read the text and not blurt out something crazy or obscene. And the funny thing is that i have never once slipped up and said something i didnt want to.

Originally posted by BrainWash

damn sector thats deep, as for the anxiety im dealing with that as we speak.that shit can have you fucking paralyzed. i used to sweat the small shit too,watching fight club schooled me to what really matters though.curious though why do you write if you are self concious of what people think?i mean in graf people are constantly analyzing you, doesnt seem to fit

not concious of people analyzing me...i could care less what they think of me, i just get really nervous around people for some reason...i dont know why..im most nervous on a bus that is full of people, or when im in a line with alot of people around me...im pretty lonely, i dont know many people..in town i know 3 people...2 that i consider friends, then i know a few writers from out of town...for some reason i feel really comfortable around other writers, im not nervous at all, not even when i first meet writers i never knew...i think it has to do with being a navy brat and moving all the time...its like as soon as i establish myself securely in a new enviorment its time to move again...keep in mind it takes me over 2 years to really feel comfortable in any new place that we move...ive been living here in the midwest for a year now, and i really am not happy being here at all. it really sucks when you start making good friends like i had in texas, then you move and throw all that shit away...i still keep in touch with my better friends in texas, but i really miss all the fun times ive had with them. it took me two years in texas to really make my first real friend down there...some of the most depressing times of my life...it sucks when you dont have anyone but your parents to talk with for 2 years...start to feel empty inside and shit...fuckit, this thread is supposed to be about withdrawal, and im lingering on about my problems...oh yeah...and fuck that suicide buisness...shits stupid...shouldnt even be thinkin of that bullshit...so disregard me saying anything about suicide....

Paintaholics Anonymous

We all jones to paint, but these aren't technically withdrawls. If you find yourself actually having physical symptoms from not painting, time to start wearing the ventilator.

After looking at graf pics online, or talking about it, or just scoping out new stuff in the area, I always get the urge to paint. And like so many other addictions, the more I do it the more I want to do it more.

Guest --zeSto--

i usually end up drinking and the want to go out fades away it seems to work rather effectivly

Not always...

I was mildly drunk last night,

and it reminded me of the previous night of drunk wandering

with a fresh white mop. Man I was jonsed!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived