Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

GRAFF INFLUENCED TATTOOS...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by dirtysicks, Aug 19, 2001.

1. dirtysicks

dirtysicks Senior Member

wHO IS tHE BEST tATTOO ARTIST AND wHICH cITY IS HE OUT OF? SEEN IS GOOD, MED IS GOOD, EXCEL, GIANT, GRIME......

------------------
    I sort glass, thats my job.......

2. TOY

TOY New Jack

this one fool i know got one. i cant remember what it says but it goes from his shoulder to pass his elbow in like basic letters. its not even colored yet. all i know is he got it at prixx in las vegas

3. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

The best tattoo artist is Cartoon based out of Los Angeles. He does all the work for Cypress Hill. He's also done up Redman and Method Man. Thats fools skulls and shit are the shit. I wish I knew about him before I got my shit done. If I had the cash I would have had strictly Cartoon ink.

------------------
    "The great man is sparing in words and prodigal in deeds."
    Confucius , Analects
    [​IMG]

4. tow up from tha flow up !

tow up from tha flow up ! Member

good thread. i'm curious too. rapes (aka jaser) tattoo's in cincinnatti. i hear he's really good.

5. *see-phore*

*see-phore* Senior Member

i think big pun had a tattoo on his inside forearm in graff style it said "PUNISHER"
    and ive seen cartoons stuff it looks pretty good,giants good,seens good and duro the third out of T.O designs some cool flash!

6. curious george

curious george Senior Member

get a old english tat. they're the best ones.

7. imported_joewelcome

imported_joewelcome Senior Member

i've seen lots, it seems like most of the old skool guys in the Bronx area open stores. Jent has a store in Yonkers, Zev has one i think, Ces is tatooing these days
    (oh shit, i shouldn't have let that one out, now we'll have kids from all over the world fiending) and plenty more.

my current tattooist is an old friend of mine who wrote, and his designs are great. he's a great colorist and i'm giving up my mini-sleeve to him. he did a pilot and pencil on my arm last september and i still get complements on the colors.

it's ok to get your name (i don't have it) tattooed, but i think it's easy to get a graffiti-style tattoo that just doesn't work. it's kinda like doing a piece that's TOO detailed on a train- the art is cool but the canvas is wrong. tats are super personal and i respect that, it's just my thought.

8. imported_joewelcome

imported_joewelcome Senior Member

oh yo wait a second. i just need to say something here. FUCK WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY ABOUT TATTOOS- they're too personal to worry about the opinions of others.

remember, if you go to the tattooist that everyone thinks is the best, you might still get work that you hate. in my experience, a tattooist is someone at work like anyone else- they do tons of tattoos and 99% don't matter to them and they don't care that much. i only like getting work by friends because it means something more to me. so what if i never get to give Johnathan Shaw or Bugs my money for ink- my tattoos were given to me by people who i'm boys with and we both enjoyed it. besides, i'll bet writers who do tattoos get pretty tired of doing pieces for people. anyhow, i'm done.

9. knom

knom Junior Member

i hear circuit does tattoos

10. *see-phore*

*see-phore* Senior Member

sight too,dude where you from?

11. garcia_vega

garcia_vega Elite Member

my favorite graf/tattooist is giant. i feel like his style translates well onto the skin. i think graf tattoos look best with not too many colors. actually my fav. graf tattoos are usually black and grey.

12. theFUME

theFUME Senior Member

uh huh

------------------
    "now how can i perfect this? livin' recless, die for my neclace"
    - [​IMG]

13. MASk!

MASk! Senior Member

couldnt agreee more

14. 23578

23578 Elite Member

i have a friend whose going to tatoo me for the first time, and i'm pretty sure i'm going to get some graff wildstyle as opposed to traditional. not being much for that shit myself i was wondering first, if there are other pitfalls to avoid such as this one, and second is it kosher to use another artists design?

15. kid toucher

kid toucher Member