.....graff guys who can't paint........

CAPS

....Went out last night with a friend. I drug his ass out after he hadn't painted in 2 years. He draws some of the sickest outlines I have ever seen but we get to the freights and he just chokes. I ask him why he can't seem to get it together and he says that he doesn't like painting letters BUT he can draw sick letter shit. I don't get it. Is it really that hard to paint what you draw? No offense to him cause we still wrecked and had fun but I guess it just puzzles me.

Anybody else have this problem? It seemed to really piss him off that he couldn't rock it. Maybe it's cause he hadn't painted in so long but I doubt it cause we got to a super chill freshly buffed water tower and he had all the time he needed and still was failing.

wierd.... just observing.

CAPS.......... mmmmmmmm. ........ dog-nuts

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i think most everyone is like that to some degree , drawing something and actually painting it are completely different , in painting there are so many more variables that come into play . if i could paint half as good as i could draw id be alot happier man .

Guest Revolt

phism - your proly filling in with stock tips and your to close to the wall try geting some ny fats and fill not to close to the way and if your going to do coats let the first layer dry then do another ...if you cant get your hand on some fats then filling with stocks is alright i even love useing then for shadeing but dont get to close to the wall and go in coats also its all depends on the paint to ...keep working on it

peace

phism - your proly filling in with stock tips and your to close to the wall try geting some ny fats and fill not to close to the way and if your going to do coats let the first layer dry then do another ...if you cant get your hand on some fats then filling with stocks is alright i even love useing then for shadeing but dont get to close to the wall and go in coats also its all depends on the paint to ...keep working on it

filling in with stocks is easy not th ave drips..what do you think is so difficult about it?...hmmm.

Guest 87centHitMan

yea, It's pretty hard to paint something that you drew and still have it look good. when it's going onto a bigger surface, the proprtions are much harder to get right. I've been able to rock good fills for a while now. that's something that can be accomplished pretty easily. But rocking true pieces, not just nicely-colored fills, is much harder. I'm getting alot better at the pieces, tho. I just switched up names and my shit's flowing much better.

i dont know if anyone cares but i pretty much just do throw-ups and the ilk until i get enough can control cuz its a bitch to start out fuckng doing pieces and shit. the sad thing is i want to do more complex shit that ive been drawing but i cant get porportions right. thats why i like bombing with straight letters just so i can practice even-ness(is that a word).

Guest Ted Wakowski

Drawing and spray painting are seperate worlds. There's a difference between the way your wrist moves across a table and the way your arm moves when painting. Practice makes perfect.

Guest mafIAkilla

if you think that letters are hard to get from paper to a wall,you're in for a surprise when you try and take a dopeass character you have drawn to a wall. i can do letters clean,but i cant really do characters worth a shit (maybe because ive only attempted painting two).....

Guest expansionAE

you know.. as long as you go out and paint, and your style gets better.. it all good. but the main thing is that you get out and get up.. props to that.

Originally posted by Revolt

peace

no it's just that most color paint other than krylon satin is gloss and flat is a lot easier either way. and i'm a cheap ass so i always go for pt and shit. still, sometimes i use fats and sometimes stocks. i prefer fats, unless i'm going for a softer look (like between colors, etc.)

Originally posted by hulk hogan

there is a difference in drawing and painting.

once kids figure that shit out they improve like 10%.... cuz they realise shit in their sketches that its dam near impossible to paint... and adjust it...

least i did... ;)

tease

Archived