Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

.....graff guys who can't paint........

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by CAPS, Apr 7, 2002.

1. CAPS

CAPS Member

....Went out last night with a friend. I drug his ass out after he hadn't painted in 2 years. He draws some of the sickest outlines I have ever seen but we get to the freights and he just chokes. I ask him why he can't seem to get it together and he says that he doesn't like painting letters BUT he can draw sick letter shit. I don't get it. Is it really that hard to paint what you draw? No offense to him cause we still wrecked and had fun but I guess it just puzzles me.

Anybody else have this problem? It seemed to really piss him off that he couldn't rock it. Maybe it's cause he hadn't painted in so long but I doubt it cause we got to a super chill freshly buffed water tower and he had all the time he needed and still was failing.

wierd.... just observing.

CAPS.......... mmmmmmmm. ........ dog-nuts

2. amItoolate?

amItoolate? Member

if i could paint half as good as i draw...i still wouldnt be that good

3. hulk hogan

hulk hogan Member

there is a difference in drawing and painting.

4. Askew

Askew New Jack

Fear of any medium is what holds most people back in any artistic persuits....I hate working with anything else but spray...Its the ultimate medium...

5. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

im good at drawing with my shit, it glides nicely off smooth surfaces

6. secn

secn Junior Member

I think if you have good can control and are familar with painting then you can paint what you draw easily.Atleast i think i can paint whatever i can draw, well not whatever actually.Peace!

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

i think most everyone is like that to some degree , drawing something and actually painting it are completely different , in painting there are so many more variables that come into play . if i could paint half as good as i could draw id be alot happier man .

8. crack

crack Junior Member

your all gay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. phism

phism Member

i just have drip problems as soon as color is involved...but i'm new so i don't worry about it too much...

10. Revolt

Revolt Guest

phism - your proly filling in with stock tips and your to close to the wall try geting some ny fats and fill not to close to the way and if your going to do coats let the first layer dry then do another ...if you cant get your hand on some fats then filling with stocks is alright i even love useing then for shadeing but dont get to close to the wall and go in coats also its all depends on the paint to ...keep working on it

peace

11. Tribal_Man

Tribal_Man New Jack

Ya i just started a few months ago just doodling and when i tried to paint anything it just sucked!!

12. SenorSeven

SenorSeven Elite Member

filling in with stocks is easy not th ave drips..what do you think is so difficult about it?...hmmm.

13. jedifive nyc

jedifive nyc Member

what i never understood are those kids who rock all out burners but cant do fillins.

14. 87centHitMan

87centHitMan Guest

yea, It's pretty hard to paint something that you drew and still have it look good. when it's going onto a bigger surface, the proprtions are much harder to get right. I've been able to rock good fills for a while now. that's something that can be accomplished pretty easily. But rocking true pieces, not just nicely-colored fills, is much harder. I'm getting alot better at the pieces, tho. I just switched up names and my shit's flowing much better.

15. RY@N

RY@N New Jack

paint more draw less. learn the can not the pencil.
    tho they are both very important.
    its more fun to paint big than to draw little=D