Graff guerilla?

chron78

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He described the young man's death as "a wake-up call for the community," in that property owners need to erase graffiti quickly to remove this incentive, while parents and teachers need to be more "tapped in" to children's lives so their talents might be better directed.

I love how they'll fucking twist ANYTHING back around to control the public in some way.

Originally posted by ARCEL@Feb 4 2005, 10:58 PM

great, graffiti doesn't need to be brought to everyone's attention

why in the shit did they specify that the father's apartment is luxurious?

But notice it mentions he lived with his mom, and gave the neighborhood's name. How many rich kids live this kind of lifestyle?

Originally posted by metallix@Feb 5 2005, 12:04 AM

was this his destiny? i enjoy the quote that art school is not for rea artists. he is actually correct about that..

I don't believe in destiny. He could've just as well escaped the train, but unfortunately he didn't, for whatever reason. Didn't have to be that way.

Dude sounded like a nice guy. Same can be said for his dad.

And that comment about "luxurious apartment" was probably pointing towards the fact that anyone could be a writer. Whether you're rich or poor. Money doesn't matter, passion does. I bet most people, non writers, think that writers are only from the ghetto. Which in this case, is not true. And that's why the put "luxury apartment" in.

Rest in Piece.

okay look....

I know the spot where the kid got hit.

NO ONE should have been there. It was a high

speed rail line where people should not go.

I'm talking 70Km per hour (which is like 100 mph).

I feel bad for the kid, but he took a huge risk, and paid dearly.

regardless( or as seeks says: irregardless )

no one should go out like that.

Originally posted by Æ°@Feb 5 2005, 03:49 AM

He described the young man's death as "a wake-up call for the community," in that property owners need to erase graffiti quickly to remove this incentive, while parents and teachers need to be more "tapped in" to children's lives so their talents might be better directed.

I love how they'll fucking twist ANYTHING back around to control the public in some way.

they might try to twist the anti- graff thing, but what would you expect... at least they end on a much more positve note with... "From the outside, when you look at it . . . it's not worth it. But for him, he put his life on the line for this. I lost a son, an 18-year-old son, but I'm proud of him."

... thats the most positive light ive ever seen graffiti put in a news article by far.

im deeply sorry for the loss, and i wish anyone involved with him the best. RIP

the Persian community seems to have embraced him and his graffiti. Alfa made it to the front page of on Iranian newspaper, as well as a picture of one of his pieces. There were a couple of full pages inside that were dedicated to him, as well. There is every reason for his dad to be proud of him.

I agree, that is for sure the most positive thing I've ever read about graffiti in a major newspaper.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks@Feb 5 2005, 06:33 PM

thats actually a really good objective article...they didnt throw in alot of negative shit about graffiti, and threw in some cool stuff about his dad understanding painting and what not.

This is soo heartbreaking, f' real he was just a kid. R.I.P

:crying: