Government urges under-16s to experiment with oral sex

swif1

British News

February 21, 2003

Government urges under-16s to experiment with oral sex

By Glen Owen, Education Correspondent

A GOVERNMENT-backed course is encouraging pupils under 16 to experiment with oral sex, as part of a drive to cut rates of teenage pregnancy.

Family campaigners believe that the course, called A Pause, is having the reverse effect by exciting the sexual interest of children.

The scheme, which has been pioneered by Exeter University and is backed by the Departments of Health and Education, trains teachers to discuss various pre-sex “stopping points” with under-age teenagers.

It aims to reduce promiscuity by encouraging pupils to discover “levels of intimacy”, including oral sex, instead of full sexual intercourse.

More than 100,000 children are now taking the course at one in every thirty secondary schools. It forms part of efforts to tackle Britain’s teenage pregnancy rate, which is the highest in Western Europe.

Robert Whelan, director of the Family Education Trust, said he hoped that the Sexual Offences Bill, currently going through the House of Lords, would lead to the course being banned. A provision in the Bill would make it an offence for anyone to “arrange or facilitate the commission of a child sex offence”.

He said: “I don’t think anyone believes that teaching pupils about oral sex will stop them having full sex — it is more likely to make them want to try it, and it doesn’t protect them from sexually transmitted diseases.”

John Rees, programme manager for A Pause, said that he was keen to teach children that “it is acceptable simply to hold hands” and to discover different levels of intimacy.

“We make it clear that there are many ways to manage relationships — that it doesn’t all have to be about full sex,” he said. He added that he was “very worried” that the Bill would end the scheme.

Lynda Brine, a teacher from a Doncaster comprehensive who recently attended a training day for the course, says in today’s Times Educational Supplement that she was primed to deal with detailed questions about oral and anal sex. “I was amazed. Are these really the sort of questions to which we as a profession should be responding?” she writes.

“There was no framework for talking about responsibility or the emotional side of relationships. By following this course, I feel that teachers are implicitly supporting under-age sexual activity.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-...-585546,00.html

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Kilo7-

well I'm going to tell everyone!

did you hear about the big joke the world tells about the states?

Well I wont give it away, but the punchline is your president!

stick to the subject zesto! oh yeah, our presidents recieve oral on the reg, my bad....

Originally posted by Organ Donor

this reminds me of the dare program and how graduates of the program are more likely to do drugs. they still have though because america is stubborn. oh and that girl from sexy in the city is hot.

i remember the DARE program, our DARE officer got busted for weed posession. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kilo7-

hey rags... nice tie in!

so back to the topic at hand....

http://www.qtonline.com/columns/behindthescreens/images/pet6.jpg'>

^^ Canada's greatest Prime Minister of the 20th century was with...

http://www.lavox.com/voxsex/fotos/05-23-2002.jpg'>

back when she was really, really hot.

what's your guy got? A fat intern? wow!

"head doesnt have a face"

Archived