Goths

bodice_ripper

I've been watching the goth-abuse that pops up around the forum, and I do find it funny. I would consider myself a goth ( mind you, I don't know if they always consider me one.....).

What I don't understand, is why a lot of writers seem to consider themselves above goths. See, I've experienced both scenes and found the following things in common:

1) the "scene" goth or writer

- you know the type, knows EVERYONE involved in the local scene. Is hyper-aware of their standing in the heirarchy, who its ok to talk to,

2) Clothing

- now this DOES NOT apply to every writer or goth. Any decent goth will be about the music, any decent writer will be about writing. BUT There are those who spend an daft amount of money on clothes, goths its corsets, writers its shoes or tops with graff on them. I've been to goth nightclubs and hip-hop nights, and in both instances everyone who entered was looked up and down by narky people at the bar.

3) Netgoths and Netwriters

- its that simple

4) "Old Skool"

- constant bickering about how shit was better back in the day, before all these new fake goths/writers arrived. How Marilyn Manson/Nelly is destroying everything good about the scene.

5) Sexuality

- (this does not apply to all writers or goths) Writers can be very homophobic, and its a mortal SIN to be definitely straight if you're a goth.

6) Drug of Choice

- with writers it appears to be weed, with goths its speed. Everyone drinks beer on both sides, but the goths insist on putting blackcurrant in theirs

Now I'm not bitching, just observing. Are there any other goths on the board who have noticed similarities?

Anyway, haterz:rolleyes: , I'm sure this post will attract you like an inexperienced writer, so take you best shot.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bodice_ripper

5) Sexuality

- (this does not apply to all writers or goths) Writers can be very homophobic, and its a mortal SIN to be definitely straight if you're a goth.

I'm sure I'm going to regret this but are you saying to be goth you have to be gay or at least bi? I'm not hating, I'm not homophobic, I am just curious about your statement.

i wear all black... i like punk rock... i look dark and mysterious(sometimes)...some consider me gothic to an extent... im comletely straight... in fact i think goth chicks are hot as fuck! take your steriotypes and shove them up your tight preppy ass! fucking idiot.

when he was talking about that sexuality goth shit i think he was being sarcastic.

i am a mutt... goth, punk, rudie, writer, techno dude(gabber ONLY, and i love all industrial post apacolypse type things)

i do hate labels tho. i mean yeha i suut said that im so many things, but thats jsut to give u an understanding.

alot of rappers in general seem to hate on goths n rockers

i know a shitload about the gothic culture and a shitload of the graffiti culture. i dont like scenes. i dont like scenesters. for the most part, i insult scenesters and people who label themselves. i am not a "writer". i do graffiti sometimes. i havent done any graff in a while. i dont care. i have been called gothic, i have been called thug, i have been called raver, i have been called a lot. people who label themselves are fucking stupid. labels are opinions. to call yourself something is to give an opinion of yourself, but you distribute it freely where others can say you arent something. no one is ever right. everything is an opinion. i like to have fun. so i make fun. i may have even posted myself on here insulting myself. you never know. who cares who is who or what is what. its all opinion. everything in "life" is an opinion. who cares. have fun. weeeeeeeeeeeee.

Re: Re: Goths

Originally posted by bobobi11

I'm sure I'm going to regret this but are you saying to be goth you have to be gay or at least bi? I'm not hating, I'm not homophobic, I am just curious about your statement.

nono, I don't mean you have to be gay or bi to be a goth, I should have clarified that I personally think that ALL you have to do be be a goth (or anything else) is believe you are - no one can tell you otherwise. I just mean in my experience with "scene" goths it has gone beyond "trendy" to be bi - it's now basically expected of you.

Originally posted by Zyl one

when he was talking about that sexuality goth shit i think he was being sarcastic.

i am a mutt... goth, punk, rudie, writer, techno dude(gabber ONLY, and i love all industrial post apacolypse type things)

i do hate labels tho. i mean yeha i suut said that im so many things, but thats jsut to give u an understanding.

alot of rappers in general seem to hate on goths n rockers

*she*

anyway, we appear to have a good bit in common, leastways in the music department

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

also...dont get me wrong...i feel bad for the "real" goths and the "real" writers because both cultures are in ruins. eepie eepie ach ach i am a robotic warrior from pencil-land.

Jesus christ, the kid pulls of this huge paragraph that makes everyone stop and think, and then comes back with this...!!! hahahaha..

I love you kid!! I have a new found respect for you..

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

i know a shitload about the gothic culture and a shitload of the graffiti culture. i dont like scenes. i dont like scenesters. for the most part, i insult scenesters and people who label themselves. i am not a "writer". i do graffiti sometimes. i havent done any graff in a while. i dont care. i have been called gothic, i have been called thug, i have been called raver, i have been called a lot. people who label themselves are fucking stupid. labels are opinions. to call yourself something is to give an opinion of yourself, but you distribute it freely where others can say you arent something. no one is ever right. everything is an opinion. i like to have fun. so i make fun. i may have even posted myself on here insulting myself. you never know. who cares who is who or what is what. its all opinion. everything in "life" is an opinion. who cares. have fun. weeeeeeeeeeeee.

couldn't have said it better myself.

stereotype contradiction..........

Originally posted by RaiD

i wear all black... i like punk rock... i look dark and mysterious(sometimes)...some consider me gothic to an extent... im comletely straight... in fact i think goth chicks are hot as fuck! take your steriotypes and shove them up your tight preppy ass! fucking idiot.

oooh, someone's panties are in a right knot, aren't they? I NEVER said these qualties described above were 100% of the time, I never said they were valid.

But they DO exist, and if you wanna belive otherwise, fine, but you are in denial. Not everyone fits a stereotype - BUT SOME TRY VERY HARD TO.

Relax the kacks man, I too think goth chicks are hot, but the very fact that you can say that means a good few of them must fit a stereotype, yes?

Originally posted by bodice_ripper

whatever, no doubt you're going to expand on that criticism, or is it just random bitching?

dont sweat that guy....he doesnt appear to be very educated/mature. it happens.

WHO WANTS WORMS IN THEIR PANTS?!?! I DO!

Taste my life...for i am candle sticks in your ass.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeDRAGONS!

i dont have any bad feelings towards anyone i dont know so try to keep that in mind. but this is my problem. graff is hiphop. you can go and say well back in the 70's bla bla bla bla bla. but lets face it graff is more hiphop then anything else. and i dont really care if your goth or whatever and you write but i have a problem when someone who writes graff trys to hate on hiphop or a hiphop person. if you write graff you need to respect where its coming from, which is inner city kids from nyc, mostly minorities, that invented what we call hiphop. hiphop from a purist point of view is graff, breakin, djin, and mcin. thats that. im someone who grew up as a hiphop person from D-nice the 808 to dr.dre to def jux, and i think of it as dues ive paid to hiphop. hiphop is what i love and it in return has taken me many places. and when someone writes graff and isnt representin hiphop it waters down the culture makes it cliche and trendy. and if you dont like hiphop what are you writin graff for anyway, if hiphop is so stupid why would you want to be associated with it in any kind of fashion. anyway those are my 2 cents. just respect the culture, be honorable to this art.

Originally posted by rhettdec

i dont have any bad feelings towards anyone i dont know so try to keep that in mind. but this is my problem. graff is hiphop. you can go and say well back in the 70's bla bla bla bla bla. but lets face it graff is more hiphop then anything else. and i dont really care if your goth or whatever and you write but i have a problem when someone who writes graff trys to hate on hiphop or a hiphop person. if you write graff you need to respect where its coming from, which is inner city kids from nyc, mostly minorities, that invented what we call hiphop. hiphop from a purist point of view is graff, breakin, djin, and mcin. thats that. im someone who grew up as a hiphop person from D-nice the 808 to dr.dre to def jux, and i think of it as dues ive paid to hiphop. hiphop is what i love and it in return has taken me many places. and when someone writes graff and isnt representin hiphop it waters down the culture makes it cliche and trendy. and if you dont like hiphop what are you writin graff for anyway, if hiphop is so stupid why would you want to be associated with it in any kind of fashion. anyway those are my 2 cents. just respect the culture, be honorable to this art.

i totally agree. i repect the culture in that aspect...but i dont respect a lot of the kids involved in the culture. so maybe i just dont like a lot of people in graffiti...and not so much the culture...but people make the culture...so i dont know. but im assuming you know what i mean here.

i guess it depends on the person. i see it as the forefathers have already laid the foundation of the culture being mcin, graff, etc. and us as the newer generations add on and take the mcin, graff, etc. to new levels. so people in the culture can never change the foundation. the foundation will always be there and the "elements" its comprised of are what i love.

Guest serpent of the light

dude, goths are just kids that wish they were metal, and that listen to music that wishes it was metal. now, being the fascist dick that i am, i hate the goth scene, its fucking weak and stands for nothing other than 'i'm depressed and am gonna hang myself with a velvet rope.' so fucking get over it. go find some ManOwaR and wish that your shit was that awesome.

i'm so gothic i shit bats.

Archived