Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Goths

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by bodice_ripper, Feb 5, 2002.

1. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

I've been watching the goth-abuse that pops up around the forum, and I do find it funny. I would consider myself a goth ( mind you, I don't know if they always consider me one.....).
    What I don't understand, is why a lot of writers seem to consider themselves above goths. See, I've experienced both scenes and found the following things in common:

1) the "scene" goth or writer
    - you know the type, knows EVERYONE involved in the local scene. Is hyper-aware of their standing in the heirarchy, who its ok to talk to,

2) Clothing
    - now this DOES NOT apply to every writer or goth. Any decent goth will be about the music, any decent writer will be about writing. BUT There are those who spend an daft amount of money on clothes, goths its corsets, writers its shoes or tops with graff on them. I've been to goth nightclubs and hip-hop nights, and in both instances everyone who entered was looked up and down by narky people at the bar.

3) Netgoths and Netwriters
    - its that simple

4) "Old Skool"
    - constant bickering about how shit was better back in the day, before all these new fake goths/writers arrived. How Marilyn Manson/Nelly is destroying everything good about the scene.

5) Sexuality
    - (this does not apply to all writers or goths) Writers can be very homophobic, and its a mortal SIN to be definitely straight if you're a goth.

6) Drug of Choice
    - with writers it appears to be weed, with goths its speed. Everyone drinks beer on both sides, but the goths insist on putting blackcurrant in theirs

Now I'm not bitching, just observing. Are there any other goths on the board who have noticed similarities?

Anyway, haterz:rolleyes: , I'm sure this post will attract you like an inexperienced writer, so take you best shot.

2. bobobi11

bobobi11 Elite Member

I'm sure I'm going to regret this but are you saying to be goth you have to be gay or at least bi? I'm not hating, I'm not homophobic, I am just curious about your statement.

3. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

ya know that is a pretty bold statement......please do explain.

4. iCEBERG

iCEBERG Senior Member

what the hell is blackcurrent?

an i'll refrain from commenting on #5.

5. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

black currant is a berry...like a cherry but it's darker.

6. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

ever had absolut currant? Its vodka that tastes like those berries, good if you take it straight or mix it with some kind of grape soda, or kool aid..

7. RaiD

RaiD Guest

i wear all black... i like punk rock... i look dark and mysterious(sometimes)...some consider me gothic to an extent... im comletely straight... in fact i think goth chicks are hot as fuck! take your steriotypes and shove them up your tight preppy ass! fucking idiot.

8. NeO

NeO New Jack

yeah most goth chicks are fine as hell

9. NATO

NATO Guest

gothsuckdie

10. NATO

NATO Guest

i have a feeling Kr430n5_666 may become involved in this post.

11. Big Bruno

Big Bruno Senior Member

except for the fat ones that try to squeeze into the little corsets, eeeewww....

12. Zyl one

Zyl one New Jack

when he was talking about that sexuality goth shit i think he was being sarcastic.

i am a mutt... goth, punk, rudie, writer, techno dude(gabber ONLY, and i love all industrial post apacolypse type things)

i do hate labels tho. i mean yeha i suut said that im so many things, but thats jsut to give u an understanding.

alot of rappers in general seem to hate on goths n rockers

13. lil'moco

lil'moco Junior Member

If I ever meet you I'm seriously gonna knock you out.

14. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

i know a shitload about the gothic culture and a shitload of the graffiti culture. i dont like scenes. i dont like scenesters. for the most part, i insult scenesters and people who label themselves. i am not a "writer". i do graffiti sometimes. i havent done any graff in a while. i dont care. i have been called gothic, i have been called thug, i have been called raver, i have been called a lot. people who label themselves are fucking stupid. labels are opinions. to call yourself something is to give an opinion of yourself, but you distribute it freely where others can say you arent something. no one is ever right. everything is an opinion. i like to have fun. so i make fun. i may have even posted myself on here insulting myself. you never know. who cares who is who or what is what. its all opinion. everything in "life" is an opinion. who cares. have fun. weeeeeeeeeeeee.

15. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

also...dont get me wrong...i feel bad for the "real" goths and the "real" writers because both cultures are in ruins. eepie eepie ach ach i am a robotic warrior from pencil-land.