Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

goths and graff?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by strizzy, Feb 25, 2002.

1. strizzy

strizzy Banned

i always see pics of goths on this forum and was just wonderin wtf is the connection between goths and graffiti? i was jus wonderin... so whatev.

2. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

maybe casue goths only come out of there layer at dusk to vanquish and graffiti generly happens at night ?

3. autobernard

autobernard New Jack

actually, according to a recent survey by TIME Magazine, over 75% of "Graffiti Artists" identify themselves with goth culture.

4. strizzy

strizzy Banned

no way... we should do a poll on this board; for some reason i need some convincing.

5. cholo

cholo Guest

bullshit

that survey is bullshit the fact is is that goths like hardcore punk or whatever the fuck those freaks listen too. and graffiti is considered an element of hip hop. how the fuck could that be? I have never once meet a goth graffiti artist they just don't mix, I don't know where the hell your from comrad but shit ain't like that here.

6. SayOne

SayOne Guest

75% get the fuck outta here , dats bullshit , ive only met 2 writers that were more punk orientated than goth , but they were madd cool..

7. strizzy

strizzy Banned

i just cant picture it, i mean i dunno, i expect a goth to sit at home and do some kind of ritual and then do some heroin... hehehehe.

8. a1koolaid

a1koolaid New Jack

i don't knnow about the goth thing..but im way into graf but not hip-hop..im always at punk shows..and i may get ripped on but i don't understand how graf got affiliated with hip-hop...the only way i see how that happened is the old school writers listend to rap..if anyone has a good explanation please fill me in thanks

9. dELiSs

dELiSs Elite Member

graffiti is an element of hip hop, but hip hop isnt an element in graffiti

btw evre seen the movie wildstyle?

10. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

Re: bullshit

please, please, please don't associate goths with hardcore again... i love hardcore and all that, but a dude in a fishnet shirt is a big no in my book...

11. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

ahahahahhahaahah whats this thread about again?

12. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

Re: Re: bullshit

please, please, please don't associate goths with hardcore again... i love goth and all that, but angry little boys with shaved heads are a big no in my book...

13. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

goths , gay
    punk , gay

14. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

fucking hetro, you people disgust me........................

15. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

sorry man , i just dont feel that shit at all