GOP firm shreds Dem voter registrations

Poop Man Bob

From DailyKos:

There is no low to which the GOP will not stoop. Now, they are shredding Dem voter registrations in Nevada.

Employees of a private voter registration company allege that hundreds, perhaps thousands of voters who may think they are registered will be rudely surprised on election day. The company claims hundreds of registration forms were thrown in the trash.

Anyone who has recently registered or re-registered to vote outside a mall or grocery store or even government building may be affected.

The I-Team has obtained information about an alleged widespread pattern of potential registration fraud aimed at democrats. Thee focus of the story is a private registration company called Voters Outreach of America, AKA America Votes.

The out-of-state firm has been in Las Vegas for the past few months, registering voters. It employed up to 300 part-time workers and collected hundreds of registrations per day, but former employees of the company say that Voters Outreach of America only wanted Republican registrations.

Two former workers say they personally witnessed company supervisors rip up and trash registration forms signed by Democrats.

"We caught her taking Democrats out of my pile, handed them to her assistant and he ripped them up right in front of us. I grabbed some of them out of the garbage and she tells her assisatnt to get those from me," said Eric Russell, former Voters Outreach employee.

Eric Russell managed to retrieve a pile of shredded paperwork including signed voter registration forms, all from Democrats. We took them to the Clark County Election Department and confirmed that they had not, in fact, been filed with the county as required by law.

The firm will be prosecuted, no doubt about that. But will it help Bush take Nevada?

Btw, this firm, Voters Outreach of America, is one of the firms hired to collect petition signatures for Ralph Nader in Arizona.

There's a video of the newscast's story at the link to klas-tv. This is truly fucking disturbing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING
The company has been largely, if not entirely funded, by the Republican National Committee

You missed this quote at the very end of the article...

:hatred:

^^^

Roger that.

Along those lines, check out this post by Josh Marshall. He links to a careerbuilder.com listing for a position with the company. The listing is paid for by the Republican National Committee.

I expect to see the RNC distance themselves from Voters Outreach almost immediately. This could get really bad for them [RNC].

Guest KING BLING
Editor's Note: Please note the beginning of the final paragraph of this story: "The company has been largely, if not entirely funded, by the Republican National Committee." The story below reports that this company has fled Nevada and is currently registering voters in Oregon.

EXCLUSIVE!!!! EXCLUSIVE!!!!! MUST CREDIT PMB!!!!!

Ha. So I spoke with the Nevada supervisor from Voters Outreach. On the phone. Ohhhh yeahhhhh...

In a thread on DailyKos, someone posted a cell phone number of a contact with Voter Outreach of America [623.205.9169]. His name is AJ, I believe. I called last night, and he didn't pick up, so I left a voicemail explaining that I was a columnist with a local university newspaper and wanted to write a column about these "spurrious and untrue allegations." I think that warmed 'em up.

So not thirty minutes ago, I received a phone call from a woman named Jean Morgan [not sure if "Jean" is spelled correctly]. She told me she was the Nevada supervisor for Voters Outreach, although she is now in Phoenix. Since I was playing the sympathetic angle, she gave me her version of the events, and I didn't question them. Here's the rundown:

• the employee, Eric Russell, had not been following rules. Apparently, their employees are required to turn in registration forms within 24 hours. She told me that he had been keeping his for over a week. After she reprimanded him three times, he brought some registration forms in and left others at home.
  • Russell told her that he refused to turn over the registration forms until he was paid. Morgan refused to pay him until he turned over all of the forms. She also alleged that he had been claiming more hours than he was actually working, and this was another factor in why she was upset at him.
  • Russell then threatened to go to the police if he was not paid. He said he was going to tell the police that Voters Outreach had been destroying Democrat registrations. Morgan claims that Russell had a Dem registration in his hand and crumpled it up in front of her.
  • Morgan also alleged that when she went out to her car that night, the tire had been punctured three times - clearly implying that Russell had done it. Morgan also brought up the fact that Russell's girlfriend had been with him, and the girlfriend had confided in Morgan that Russell was violent with her [the girlfriend].
  • Morgan apparently called them after Russell stormed out. She gave me the police event # [040925-1600].
  • Morgan also gave me the names of three individuals who witnessed Russell's outburst and threat: Greg Carmoushe, Raymond Walker, and J.R. Becemo. I have the phone number for Carmoushe but not the other two.

Morgan's number is 602.505.2224.

I know I'm missing some of the details she told me, but that's the overall picture. She was clearly doing her best to slam Russell and make it look as if anything coming out of his mouth is untrue.

Archived