Good Underground Hip Hop

ZENYTH.ASP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Pizointer138:

acrobatik

jedi mind tricks

Mr.lif

cage

esotaric

somewhere inbetween undgerground and main. .

afu-ra

bumpy knuckels aka freddy fox

diolated peoples

[This message has been edited by Pizointer138 (edited 04-05-2001).]

esoteric sucks, fuck him, so does cage. actually fuck underground hiphop, the good stuff is really good, but that's about it, just a bunch of white boys with no skills tryin to be a part of something.the rest of your picks are on point though,(bumpy nuckles is a mediocre emcee he's not great but at least he isn't horrible)

my picks.. Organized Konfusion(pharoahe monche is sick dun)

common sense. Lootpack. the Arsonists. Jeru the damaja. gotta hype my boy Sage francis, and the non prophets.

just forget about this genre separation of hiphop crap, being underground means not being good enough in most cases.

listen to what's good. nas, krs one, slick rick, wutang, biggie smalls was the illest on his 1st album, etc..

whatever's clever. i used to hate, but in the past couple years i realized that underground emcees don't have much to say, and they lack skills. phew, don't get me started on this rap shit, i'm the mad critic. i'll argue till your ears bleed.

[This message has been edited by pervertedmunk (edited 04-05-2001).]

MF. DOOM...came to destroy rap/its an intricate plot of a B-boy, strapped.

femstat cats get kidnapped/demolition statement to the press/ let the rest know who did that./Metal Fist terrorist/claim responsibility/ broken household-name usually said in hostility. Oh what?...it's MF you silly...

Originally posted by SCOTCH WHISKEO:

MF. DOOM...came to destroy rap/its an intricate plot of a B-boy, strapped.

femstat cats get kidnapped/demolition statement to the press/ let the rest know who did that./Metal Fist terrorist/claim responsibility/ broken household-name usually said in hostility. Oh what?...it's MF you silly...

WORD.

this topic has been beaten to death.

Originally posted by pervertedmunk:

esoteric sucks, fuck him, so does cage. actually fuck underground hiphop, the good stuff is really good, but that's about it, just a bunch of white boys with no skills tryin to be a part of something.the rest of your picks are on point though,(bumpy nuckles is a mediocre emcee he's not great but at least he isn't horrible)

my picks.. Organized Konfusion(pharoahe monche is sick dun)

common sense. Lootpack. the Arsonists. Jeru the damaja. gotta hype my boy Sage francis, and the non prophets.

just forget about this genre separation of hiphop crap, being underground means not being good enough in most cases.

listen to what's good. nas, krs one, slick rick, wutang, biggie smalls was the illest on his 1st album, etc..

whatever's clever. i used to hate, but in the past couple years i realized that underground emcees don't have much to say, and they lack skills. phew, don't get me started on this rap shit, i'm the mad critic. i'll argue till your ears bleed.

[This message has been edited by pervertedmunk (edited 04-05-2001).]

the arsonist have sick beats but their rapping is mediocre

common is the man(i've owned every album). . but mainstream and not what mr zenyth asked for

nas sucks and is a fucking sell out but he first album is good and the 2nd is pretty good aswell

KrSone . my fav mc. . go get every album NOW!

i'm a jeru fan but i wasn't feeling his newist. .

biggie sucked other then his first album. . .

and even then he was ok. . his own words say

"your nobody till somebody kills you"

ps.being white has zero to do with skillz. . .

PointEatsHipHopDoYou?

Originally posted by Pizointer138:

the arsonist have sick beats but their rapping is mediocre

i'd say "above average"

common is the man(i've owned every album). . but mainstream and not what mr zenyth asked for

i'm talking about the first 2 albums especially, which i hate to say aren't very mainstream

nas sucks and is a fucking sell out but he first album is good and the 2nd is pretty good aswell

first of all.. let me say"live at the barbecue" and "back to the grill again"..

that there explains my mans crudentials.

nas always comes through with lyrics, with meaning, "Nas is like" is his dopest song and off of his 3rd album. that album and nastradamus, i have to say aren't of the same calliber as the first 2 but they both have some very good songs on them, since then qb's finest, the new dj clue, wutang, nature, he's delivered dope verses on all of these albums, plus his new shit coning out, He was gonna call it stillmatic, then Death of escobar, so you know he's back on some illmatic raw type shit, he said he's gonna be doing alot of work with primo on this album, which means it's certified classic already. don't sleep, it's the cousin of death. nas is ill, and about selling out, psttt.. if i could be driving anything i want, drinking chrystal and moet, surrounded by bitches and smoking dank weed all day, in my armani, in my mansion. etc etc... cause i have the money to now, shit i'd make a few songs for the radio, hell why not, i got mad skill. i should be on the radio. i'd do it and i hope you'd do it too, if not you're a fool.

KrSone . my fav mc. . go get every album NOW!

agreed hands down

i'm a jeru fan but i wasn't feeling his newist. .

going form havin Dj Premire doing you beats the man himself, to doing your own beats and your shit is gonna be lacking, he still has lyrics though, they're pretty good too, the beats were off, the packaging sucked, i can't stand ms. marvel, and what's up with no "can't stop the prophet"?

biggie sucked other then his first album. . .

and even then he was ok. . his own words say

"your nobody till somebody kills you"

i've heard freestyles he had skills, i used to say the same thing, he had some sick flows and word play for a fat, jiggy,thug, mothafucker, that album was classic, and some of his second was too, also, his third, and the shit he did with jay-z, all dope. he was unbelieveable.

ps.being white has zero to do with skillz. . .

never said it did, it contributes to the corn ball factor though, i'd hate to go out and say this but Eminem is the best emcee out right now(at this moment in time, but not by anymeans .."ever"), i know his subject matter is repetative, but every emcee has their own shit, and can't do everything.but he does have that corniness to him, he looked shook at the source awards. Apathy from boston is ill to, way better than esoteric

PointEatsHipHopDoYou?

3 times a day 7days a week.

[This message has been edited by pervertedmunk (edited 04-06-2001).]

Originally posted by pervertedmunk:

i'd say "above average"

we'll have to agree to disagree

i'm talking about the first 2 albums especially, which i hate to say aren't very mainstream

agreed

first of all.. let me say"live at the barbecue" and "back to the grill again"..

that there explains my mans crudentials.

nas always comes through with lyrics, with meaning, "Nas is like" is his dopest song and off of his 3rd album. that album and nastradamus, i have to say aren't of the same calliber as the first 2 but they both have some very good songs on them, since then qb's finest, the new dj clue, wutang, nature, he's delivered dope verses on all of these albums, plus his new shit coning out, He was gonna call it stillmatic, then Death of escobar, so you know he's back on some illmatic raw type shit, he said he's gonna be doing alot of work with primo on this album, which means it's certified classic already. don't sleep, it's the cousin of death. nas is ill, and about selling out, psttt.. if i could be driving anything i want, drinking chrystal and moet, surrounded by bitches and smoking dank weed all day, in my armani, in my mansion. etc etc... cause i have the money to now, shit i'd make a few songs for the radio, hell why not, i got mad skill. i should be on the radio. i'd do it and i hope you'd do it too, if not you're a fool.

i'm not saying he was never a good mc. .

nas is like is a great song but that one out like 20

the upcoming album sounds promising . . we'll see

nastradamos was crappest shit i have ever heard, fuck selling out. . you can get radio play with out doing it. . look at common

i hate that shit if one more rapper comes out with a song about how much cash they have or how they be bling blinging it, i'm going to go m.o.p. on them "anti up"(they never sold out)

agreed hands down

glad you agee, i told this girl that krs was my fav artist and she said who are they. . and i walked away

going form havin Dj Premire doing you beats the man himself, to doing your own beats and your shit is gonna be lacking, he still has lyrics though, they're pretty good too, the beats were off, the packaging sucked, i can't stand ms. marvel, and what's up with no "can't stop the prophet"?

i pretty much agree

though lyrics aren't enough or maybe canibus would of had a first good album

i've heard freestyles he had skills, i used to say the same thing, he had some sick flows and word play for a fat, jiggy,thug, mothafucker, that album was classic, and some of his second was too, also, his third, and the shit he did with jay-z, all dope. he was unbelieveable.

thoughs are what the industry calls "freestyles" all it means is that no one has heard before, they were all writen, its a fact that he never did off the head freestyles

nice word play is true

don't get me started on jay-z

never said it did, it contributes to the corn ball factor though, i'd hate to go out and say this but Eminem is the best emcee out right now(at this moment in time, but not by anymeans .."ever"), i know his subject matter is repetative, but every emcee has their own shit, and can't do everything.but he does have that corniness to him, he looked shook at the source awards. Apathy from boston is ill to, way better than esoteric

eminems skill are tiptop but if i have hear him kill his wife more time i think by brain will go to mush. . .if he came out with an album that wasn't shock-hop i think he could be one of the greats. . his first album before dre was realy good. .

i haven't heard apathy and i go to shows when ever i'm in the bean. . i'll look him up though

on eso's album has some great songs the tranformers beat, the songs with virtuoso

i used to think vertuoso was the man. . but hen he came out with that shitty wannabe jay-z bullshit. . .

3 times a day 7days a

mmmmmhip-hop

PointIsNotPartOfHipHop

PointIsNotPartOfHipHopCulture

PointIsHipHop

[This message has been edited by Pizointer138 (edited 04-06-2001).]

Awol One

All Deadly Jizzm

J5 (not really underground anymore but ohwell)

Mystik Journeymen

Sole

Atmosphere

Them

Dose One

Dialated Peoples (again not that underground)

2mex

Xololanxinxo

Eyedea

Dj Rectangle

Dr. Octagon

Shapeshifters

Blackbyrd

Xecutioners

Dj Z Trip

Unsung Heroes

World Famous Beat Junkies

High and Mighty

Swamburger

Swollen Members

Grouch

Eligh

Supernat

Sage Francis

Royce the 5'9

Quasimoto

Orko the Psycotik Alien

Mr. Dibbs

Mos Def (i know it was in a nike ad....)

Maylay Sparks

Lootpack

Kid Koala

Dj Shadow

Blackalicious

Jakki tha Motta mouth

Chino XL

Invizible Skratch Pikilz

Aesop Rock

Illogic

Icons (with an s, not a Z, those guys suck)

Herbalizer

Fatlip

E-Rule

J Smoov

Buck 65

that's all i can think of right now

but there's more

OUTSIDAZ! their in the middle.

best to listen to when your lifted.

Captivated by the soooouuuuund

Turn it up, play it looooouuuud

Steady boys, stand'cha groouuund

Thats the way its going doowwn

La la la la laaaaa

La la la la la laaaaaa

La la la la laaaaa

Thats the way its going down.

uhm...dope shit to me...

swollen members.

johnny23 records

rise

apathy

equilibrium

anything JZONE touches..

huggybear

atoms family

cannibal ox <part of atoms>

disflex 6

halekost <no not the wu tang reject but a dope one>

preservere

dave dubb

fuck living legends and everyone in it. boring like anticon shit.

hmm..lets see....

someone said lootpack..but thats a joke unless you like hearing the same song over and over...just worded different.

oh yeah

the Nobodies are fuckign fresh.

cant forget ... k otix.

that should be enough to keep you busy

and asking "the fuck this kid like?"

oh yeah and a few more..

the only really dope "boston mc"- Virtuoso

Mhz <especially copywrite>

ok...there we go....

[This message has been edited by SenorSeven (edited 04-07-2001).]

Originally posted by SenorSeven:

oh yeah and a few more..

the only really dope "boston mc"- Virtuoso

[This message has been edited by SenorSeven (edited 04-07-2001).]

please tell me your kinding. . . did you here his cd?

look up for my hate on what Virtuoso has become

Guest dBUSH

find a hip-hop show on the radio. Make some tapes, learn the lyrics and see if you can find someone who knows who you are quoting then go rack their album. punk rock baby yeeeah.

Archived