Good Places to Eat in Los Angeles.

Pistol

Inspired by Secret talking about In-N-Out

What are you favorite places to eat in Los Angeles?

Some of my faves depending on time of day, funds in account are:

Manuels El Tepeyac

For good Mexican food.

in East Los Angeles on Evergreen and the newer one in San Gabriel.

Pink's Hot Dogs*

Many types of Hot Dogs,pastrami, chili burgers, etc.

In Hollywood Melrose & La Brea

In-N-Out*

For some double-doubles. Ask for an animal.

All over but based outta Baldwin Park

The Hat*

The best Pastrami Dips.

All over. Montery Park and Brea to name a couple

Phillipes

Roast Beef Dips. And 5 cent coffee

Downtown Los Angeles by Chinatown close to Olvera St.

Tommy's Burgers The Original*

Chili on everything.

All over the place. Pico Rivera

Rios Pizza

The fucking best pizza around! I eat it a couple times a week

Montebello,Monterey Park, Pico Rivera

Jodi Maronis

Something about these hot dogs.

They got them a few places. One is at The Block in Orange

some more places i cant remember right now.

all the places with a * are open late night 1-3 am everyday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Everytime my friend and I drive by Pink's it's packed no matter what time of day it is. I've never eaten there before...

Chachacha*... I think it's on Melrose/Virgil. It's tiny little colorful resturant. At first, I thought it was a Mexican resturant and wondered why they didn't have any tacos or enchiladas. It's a Jamaican resturant. They have a HUGE wine list. It's a bit pricey, but they have the best guacamole ever.

The Cheesecake Factory* in Marina Del Rey. I love their tropical martinis and their pasta dishes.

I also love Japanese food and Korean barbeques.

I hate ALL Denny's, Sizzler, and IHOP's. Their food tastes like ass, their service sucks, and their portions are too small.

I remember when I was in New York, Pilau Hands, Draka Mallard, and I were driving around in the rain and they introduced me the best baked ziti pizza I ever had.

When I'm in Austin, I like Macaroni Grill! You can write on the tablecloths with crayons! I make "I love Ben" signs for my boyfriend. :love2: :love2:

For Chinese food in LA. Try the Plum Tree. It's expensive though. It's a classy restaraunt in the middle of Chinatown. You order each dish and they bring the food and put it in the middle of the table on a lazy susan so everyone can eat it. I don't dig chinese food but my family likes it. You should try it sometime Secret.

By the way Pink's is best late night because that god forsaken line is gone @ like 1am.

What part of LA do you hang around? I live on the East Side.

Guest Obsessed

hmm good food in LA area?...

In n Out !

Ez take out burger... in n out take off that is almost better

this tamale place that is on Pico blvd. cant remember the name

yes Plum Tree is the shit for chinese

also down in venice beach there is this cuban place that is really good

yes i am very bad with remembering names of places

Canter's(Culver City).open 24 hours.

Carrow's(haha)

Del Taco

El Tarasco(Venice)

In-N-Out

Weinersnitzel

El Pollo Loco

The Soup Plantation

Compari's Pizza(Inglewood)...I think this might have closed..and if it did..that sucks.

Straw Hat Pizza

oh yeah,Johnny's Resturant(another great place)...right across from the L.A. Musuem of Cars or whatever,you know.

...Dinah's-across from the Wang Building(Howard Hughes Park)...place has been there forever.haha.(still has the sign from the '60's).There used to be an "Alien" outline right on the wall in the parking lot.

Originally posted by WhenOne

haha the lbc has some good street food but it doesnt compare to the downtown LA street corner hotdogs... a hotdog wrapped in bacon, long grilled onions, papaya, jalapenos, mustard, and ketchup....ahh heaven!

No doubt!! Downtown LA hotdogs are the best... and they're only $2! When I'm in Long Beach, my friend and I eat at Rubio's in Belmont Shore. Or we just go grocery shopping which is always fun. My friend lived across the street from Vons and he used to make me steal $12 steaks for him! mmMmm so tender and juicy!

:)

you la heads are all about in and out...people praised it like the food of gods out there...so far as to people working in other places would be like..."you havent gone tyhere yet??!!! go there now,its better then here!"...i dunno tatsed like fast food to me...i`ll stik with nyc pizza...now thats food.

the in n out burger is like no other, and to anyone who doesnt know...

try...

-animal style fries

-protein burger <- instead of bun it is wrapped in lettuce

-flying dutchman <- just meat n cheese (no bun) hella cheap

-animal <- all the animal toppings in a fry tray... soo good!

- sloppy joe <- trust me they will make you one and it is great

Guest Pilau Hands

If I had known you liked it so much, I would've taken you somewhere better. NY pizza...flip bam boom. $2 for a hot dog?! chill! i'll take gray's papaya...or $1 street dogs if i'm desperate! too bad you were here for only a short time. oh the culinary delights this city has! haha.

i'm in withdrawal from seattle's coffee.

come on i just need one more! http://community.theunderdogs.org/smiley/angry/cussing.gif'>

• 1 month later...

The Apple Pan on pico right near the Westside Pavillion. Hands down one of the best burgers out there. I would take it over in-n-out any day & I love in-n-out. Small little diner place. If you haven't eaten there your missing out. Get the hickory burger. One note though, I think there closed on either monday or tuesday. DAMN I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!

Archived