Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Good fr8s for good painters?

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by GucciHoochie, Aug 29, 2004.

1. GucciHoochie

GucciHoochie Member

Sometimes I notice when i'm walking down my line of 20 or so reefer cars, their is a lot of junk on most of them. Now I know most toys, or "unexperienced" writers dont think to themselves (this nice white reefer train should be for the "better skilled", or "been in the game for years") type of painters like me and some of you. So does this give us the right to go over the less skilled/weak style painters that are on a very special train car like any reefer, cryo's and rare box cars? When I was a younger lad i'm sure most of my paintings were gone over by better painters if I was up on their sold cold or brand new golden west flat car. So next time I walk up to your non-skilled freight that is on one of them hard to catch trains, it might not look the same a couple hours later.. P.s. Please remember i'm not talking about capping toys on any old freight, I could care less about any old freight, this thread is for the big boys who do big thangs! Holla. :king:

2. DREL.S.NIKAH

DREL.S.NIKAH New Jack

i already started doing this years ago

3. GucciHoochie

GucciHoochie Member

Me too my friend, me too.. :cool:

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

yes, yes and yes

5. hobo knife

hobo knife Junior Member

6. type R

type R Senior Member

first come, first serve.

i avoid painting over people if possible, if i have to give up a flat to paint a coalie, oh well, guess i should get off my ass and paint more so i can have first dibs on shit next time.

7. angelofdeath

angelofdeath Elite Member

i concur. however if im somewhere and there is a beautiful ass train with some small horrid crap on it, i'll go over it.

8. GucciHoochie

GucciHoochie Member

I really believe deep down, writers with weak skills & style know they are weak, so if they have more than 10 freights to choose from, stay off the god dam new reefers because we dont need a first coat!!

9. type R

type R Senior Member

stop concurring and call a brother.

10. #WaffleCunt#

#WaffleCunt# New Jack

11. ZedIsAlive

ZedIsAlive Junior Member

watch out now...the term "better skilled" is relative. just because you think your a "better skilled" writer dosent mean the entire writing community is in agreeance.
    you could very easily be a victim of the same situation of which you speak. im not tryin to call you out or anyone for that matter cause i dont know what any of you write, but just read the opinions of various styles on this board and you will see that one mans trash is another mans treasure. what it usually boils down to for me is whether i have enough paint to completely cover the piece on the car i want to paint. but im not really a box car fag so i hardly ever have that problem on greybellies, gondolas and such.

12. porque

porque Senior Member

...karma can be a bitch...we can all benefeit from a little humility now and then...

13. ruffisjonzon

ruffisjonzon New Jack

humility schmilty rabble rabble whatever...

14. war pigs

war pigs Dirty Dozen Crew

if you're gonna go over some shit...cover it..

and make sure you can burn it...and not just by your standards...cuz alot of fools who think they're so dope actually suck..haha

15. ZedIsAlive

ZedIsAlive Junior Member

yeah but thats what um sayin. who is the judge?
    especially in a lay-up when your probably with some fools that are down with you. your standard is really the only one there is.