Good and/or Funny Documentaries

I Luv Roo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by nomadawhat

well if mockumentaries count: best of show

waiting for guffman was awesome....

Guest imported_El Mamerro

"Modulations": Brief history of electronic music.

"Synthetic Pleasures": Documents man's obsession with creating artificial experiences that mimic or enhance real ones.

Both of these by Iara Lee, check em out, especially the second one. Beer,

El Mamerro

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by THEdude

The Nature of Sex

can't beat PBS

oh jesus. is this the one where they have a camera inside the vagina as a guy ejaculates...NO LIE they showed that on the learning channel a couple years ago...very uh vivid.

Guest willy.wonka

very interesting....

EGYPT:The Land of the Gods...

history dhannel..next time playing...april 25th

does anyone know about Jesco, the Dancing Outlaw? i saw a fan page for it, but i have no idea where i could get my hands on it. i think it might have been on HBO.

there was another show (which may be the same as above) about how HBO (or someone like that) went way in the middle of nowhere in the ozarks or appalachian mountains and filmed these small town hicks for like a week or month. i heard some kids talking about it a year or so ago and it sounded pretty good.

Originally posted by railroadjerk

oh jesus. is this the one where they have a camera inside the vagina as a guy ejaculates...NO LIE they showed that on the learning channel a couple years ago...very uh vivid.

i saw something like that at skool 4 sex on a movie called "the miracle of life"..or it might have been a different one.i 4get

Kaes you seen this shit?

http://www.poster.net/kane/kane-jazz-portrait-harlem-1958-2801517.jpg'>

There's a great documentary about this picture. For those who don't know, this is EVERYONE who was ANYONE minus one in the Harlem jazz world... I forget who isn't in the flick, only that he had a gig or something where he had to leave just before the picture was taken. There are some stills of him before hand I think, but the documentary wasn't made until the 70's (at the EARLIEST) and all the old cats made sure that 'dude who left' got props too... lot's of small groups of old heads telling their stories about other people in the picture... some of the stories overlap, but are told by different people in different locations... it's a really cool movie.

Also, I think it was Wynton Marsalis, coulda been Branford, who did a series about jazz where he went all around the country jamming with other musicians and speaking on the styles of the cities. Some places were, KC, NYC and finally New Orleans where the whole Marsalis family jams... also REALLY good

Guest railroadjerk
Originally posted by KIND

i saw something like that at skool 4 sex on a movie called "the miracle of life"..or it might have been a different one.i 4get

i think thats the one...

kinda old but i love that crumb documentary. dudes brother has a long piece of cloth that he puts down his throat and eventually comes out of his ass in order to clean out his intestines. i love drawing and artistic skills and dude just drew all day. kinda inspired me to stay a hermit.

Originally posted by seven six two

does anyone know about Jesco, the Dancing Outlaw? i saw a fan page for it, but i have no idea where i could get my hands on it. i think it might have been on HBO.

there was another show (which may be the same as above) about how HBO (or someone like that) went way in the middle of nowhere in the ozarks or appalachian mountains and filmed these small town hicks for like a week or month. i heard some kids talking about it a year or so ago and it sounded pretty good.

I may have seen it a while ago. Does it involve a tap dancing hill billy who worships elvis?

Archived