going up?

Ski Mask

of all the ways to die, I would like to avoid this one at all costs....and you gotta feel sorry for the lady in the elevator too....

Malfunctioning elevator kills man

Monday, August 18, 2003 Posted: 1:07 PM EDT (1707 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- A surgical resident was killed when an elevator malfunctioned and decapitated him, authorities said.

Hitoshi Nikaidoh, 35, was stepping into a second-floor elevator at Christus St. Joseph Hospital Saturday morning when the doors suddenly closed, pinning his shoulders. His head was severed when the elevator car moved upward.

A hospital employee witnessed the accident and spent about 20 minutes trapped inside the elevator before firefighters rescued her. She was treated for shock in the hospital's emergency room, hospital spokeswoman India Chumney Hancock said.

Harris County medical examiners were conducting an inquiry into the accident. Police said earlier that maintenance crews had worked on the elevators during the week.

The entire elevator bank was pulled from operation until the investigation is complete.

Nikaidoh graduated in 2003 from the University of Texas-Houston Medical School.

Elevators and escalators kill about 30 and injure about 17,100 people each year in the United States, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh shit... thats fucked up. i would hate to have been that woman! the man too i guess.

the elevators where i work are pretty ruthless, they close real quick and don't have a laser sensor, just the thing on the side of the door. i think i won't press my luck anymore by sticking my arm in there to stop them.

that guys family is paid for life now!