Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

going up?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ski Mask, Aug 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

of all the ways to die, I would like to avoid this one at all costs....and you gotta feel sorry for the lady in the elevator too....

Malfunctioning elevator kills man
    Monday, August 18, 2003 Posted: 1:07 PM EDT (1707 GMT)

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- A surgical resident was killed when an elevator malfunctioned and decapitated him, authorities said.

Hitoshi Nikaidoh, 35, was stepping into a second-floor elevator at Christus St. Joseph Hospital Saturday morning when the doors suddenly closed, pinning his shoulders. His head was severed when the elevator car moved upward.

A hospital employee witnessed the accident and spent about 20 minutes trapped inside the elevator before firefighters rescued her. She was treated for shock in the hospital's emergency room, hospital spokeswoman India Chumney Hancock said.

Harris County medical examiners were conducting an inquiry into the accident. Police said earlier that maintenance crews had worked on the elevators during the week.

The entire elevator bank was pulled from operation until the investigation is complete.

Nikaidoh graduated in 2003 from the University of Texas-Houston Medical School.

Elevators and escalators kill about 30 and injure about 17,100 people each year in the United States, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

2. keep

keep Guest

ahh, so she was trapped in there with the dudes head. she's going to need some therapy

3. unconscience

unconscience Banned

4. fr8lover

fr8lover Elite Member

i was going to post this when i read it in the paper this morning too.

horrific story.

5. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

6. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

oh shit... thats fucked up. i would hate to have been that woman! the man too i guess.

the elevators where i work are pretty ruthless, they close real quick and don't have a laser sensor, just the thing on the side of the door. i think i won't press my luck anymore by sticking my arm in there to stop them.

that guys family is paid for life now!

7. unconscience

unconscience Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.