Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

going to minneapolis, would like some reccomendations

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Ferris Bueller, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Elite Member

yup...leaving for Minneap tomorrow, would like some reccomendations as to where to go (record stores, restaraunts, etc). The Mall of America is already on the list...going to spend most of my time out on the lakes though. Bringing my camera when I go so ya'll know what that means. I'm keepin an eye out for HM shit and what not, shouldnt be hard.

2. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

Heres a piece of advice that will save you a fucking ton of time. Dont go to the mall of america....its shit. Its just a big mall with a lame ass amusement park in the middle. It sucks ass, and your better off spending your time elsewhere. If you dont go to the MIA (Minneapolis Institute of Arts) I will fly out to wherever you are and break your legs. Its fucking amazing, and its free.

I can give you directions to a half decent benching spot, but that should be kept to email...

3. Ferris Bueller

nah, that's cool, really won't be able to go out to a bench specifically because I won't really have a lot of time to myself to do that. I'm pretty much going up there for family shit (50th ann.) but that's it. Just taking the camera for any chance I catch something in the city. Thanks for the advice on the mall, but I'm still going, because everyone else will want to go. Gonna keep the MIA in check though..thanks ese.

4. Ferris Bueller

fuckin excited about 70-80 degree highs....too hot down here in florida man, just too hot.

5. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

on the graffiti tip check out fifth element

2411 Hennepin Avenue
    (612)377-0044

the whole atmosphere crew and all..

6. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

I lived neat miniapolis for 3 years of my life. Man the weather there is sooo depressing. I couldent stand it.

7. Ferris Bueller

well...back and tired as fuck...3 layovers...
    I didnt get to hit ANY record stores, and as a matter of fact, we got lost and went on hennepin ave after coming from the MIA, which was quite interesting. We were only able to make it through 1 and a half floors...place is large as fuck. I got to go to the Twins game last Saturday so that made things good.

8. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

I could spend a good solid day at that place....and I'd still wanna come back the next day cause I didnt see everything...
    I'll get back there soon enough...I hope. Glad you checked it out...was the degas thing on while you were there?

9. MR. Slugworth

MR. Slugworth New Jack

what ever you do...dont drink the tang...

------------------
    go go GODZILLA.....

10. pubes

pubes Guest

11. Ferris Bueller

yea hennepin ave kinda looked like a lil local area here in town but like 10x bigger...never had the chance to get out and look around due to a tight schedule...saw a couple of unidentifiable throws and what not, but lots of interesting shops and shit...as for the Degal thing, I remember the tickets were available to be bought....