Going to Japan

Gunm

So i decided to take all the money i saved up working my shitty college job and take a trip with it to Japan, Hong Kong and China.

Unilke last time where I kept frittering away my cash for the trip, this time I got every last cent and sank it in towards one bad ass trip package. I leave oct 2nd and get back on the 17th. I promise one hell of a photo thread when i return.

Now, I need to know where a guy can go in Tokyo and Hirajuku for the following....

1) Shops for the illy impossible-to-find-stateside shoes (Most importantly the Doze Green special editions that just came out)

2) Where do i go to see all the hot MSK action? Are there particular alleyways to go to see the who's who of graffiti?

3) Places to eat?

4) Cool stores?

Any other advice, suggestions would be appreciated...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by fatbastard@Sep 24 2005, 11:07 AM

Ive heard great things about moss burger, tiny little burgers that are supposed to be super tasty.

Also, take advantage of your ethnicity if you know what i mean.

Mos Burger sucks ass. It's like 7 dollars for a shitty small burger.

It's called Harajuku by the way. Why do you want to go there? It's nothing special, just a bunch of gothic people. There are a couple graffiti stores there though. You can take the train almost anywhere so you'll probably be spending a lot of time on the train.

Edit: Try to aviod the Seibu Line as often as you can. It's a yellow train, and it takes you to places like shinjuku, but it's usually in the country somewhere.

just got back from there...

freshness burger is a good place to eat. food and booze are about the same price as any big american city. cans of paint are $10. so go to the haze store and get belton rather than the stuff at "tokyu hands," which needs to be stopped at bc they have everything there. tshirts are generally priced at 5000 yen, so theyre like $50. toppo is a good snack. even the food in a 7-11,am/pm,or lawson is good. all the street names are in english and japanese. people speak english, half way speak it , or dont at all. harajuki is where the dior store and super ritzy junk like that, bape, and bape cafe (which is cheap to eat at and has good food). by the time you get there you will see a ton of deth kult and neckface tags all over the place.

the haze shop is in harijuki. thats how americans say it but its spelt a little differently. if you say "harijuki" to a japanese person they do know what you are saying and where you are talking about. google that shit man. the streets where that shop is are all tiny and winding and confusing, like most streets there.

edit: haze store only has belton for $10 a can or 1000yen and not even that many colors.