going homeless in europe

freeze

i'm leaving for a two month european excursion in ten days. the problem is, i only have enough money to stay for about a month. the girls that i'm going with have enough flow to stay for two months, so that's what we've decided to do. do any of you have any tips for staying homeless throughout europe. i've done it in chicago for a month, so i'm not a first time bum, but i was just curious to see if anyone knew of any places that are really easy/safe to sleep on the street, in parks, etc., and where i should avoid completely. any info would be awesome. peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

go back through your post and replace "europe" with "north america" every time you see it, then think about the kind of advice you could give somone from europe asking you that. I'm sure folks can help you out, but theres a lotta fucking countries in europe....you haven't even nailed it down to what PARTS of europe you'll be in.

yeah ese, that makes sense to just think about it as the states...i didn't even think of it that way.

and the reason that i used europe so loosely is because we really are traveling pretty much the entire continent...england, ireland, france, germany, italy, spain, switzerland, austria, hungary, benelux, portugal, greece, etc.

and to everyone that had smart-ass remarks, i'm not asking "how to survive on the streets," i'm not that fucking naive, all i was asking is if anybody knew of any place that is not to be fucked with. anyplace that someone who had never been to europe wouldn't exactly want to stumble into...image some german kid trying to kick it homeless in chicago having never been there before and stumbling upon cabrini green...kid would get killed in a fucking second, that's the kinda shit i was asking.

I had a lot of success in San Francisco at hanging around tourist areas and giving "The REAL San Francisco" tour guides. One of the bummers about having a "vacation" in some cool place like London or Paris is that you're an outsider and don't know about any of the really cool shit. Once you've taken a tour bus tour and hit all the tourist-trap bullshit sites, you're stumped. You can waste a lot of valuable time wandering around aimlessly.

So. You go to the trouble of getting the straight skinny on good restaurants, clubs, night life places, cabarets, out-of-the-way tourist sites that aren't all crowded, secluded beaches, etc., etc., and hire yourself out as a tour guide that speaks English.

I was giving these two young, pretty, hip girls from Germany a tour once in S.F. and we ran into two friends of mine at The Chart House Restaurant, who were high as a kite on LSD. It turned out to be one of the weirdest and kinkiest days of my life. German girls are extremely wierd. And wicked. They later went to Guatemala, in the middle of the Guatemala civil war. By bus. They were really a crazy pair. And they paid me in traveler's checks in Deutchmarks! It was a hassle at my bank.

Actually, I'm writing a screenplay. Gonna make a movie. Anybody out there know any really good books about shooting videotape? I am thinking about taking the Public Access channel's course on video--it's free, and they are very thorough, or so I've been told, but I have no interest in actually getting on TV. My interest is in independent film making these days, and by gum, I'ma gonna do it.

Guest drunken phil
Originally posted by KaBar

Actually, I'm writing a screenplay. Gonna make a movie. Anybody out there know any really good books about shooting videotape? I am thinking about taking the Public Access channel's course on video--it's free, and they are very thorough, or so I've been told, but I have no interest in actually getting on TV. My interest is in independent film making these days, and by gum, I'ma gonna do it.

you do that...id buy it...you got good stories.

email me. i can offer some advice on how to get work and live cheap.

basically........ ah fuck it, email me and ill give you info.

shop a supermarkets only, even for beer and everything, stay at hostels and only hostels, try and work at hostels for free stay, say, like will you give me free accomoation if i clean or something. most will hook something up. i duno email me, i know some good spots around.

ahh shit, this is tt boy. email me.

Originally posted by freeze

i'm leaving for a two month european excursion in ten days. the problem is, i only have enough money to stay for about a month. the girls that i'm going with have enough flow to stay for two months, so that's what we've decided to do. do any of you have any tips for staying homeless throughout europe. i've done it in chicago for a month, so i'm not a first time bum, but i was just curious to see if anyone knew of any places that are really easy/safe to sleep on the street, in parks, etc., and where i should avoid completely. any info would be awesome. peace.

wow im so kool. im a bum world wide wuh wuh niGGy

Guest SMUGGLER RSH

Beside what everyone else has posted maybe get yourself a tent or some shit and stay in secluded areas for a while just get your stocks and assorted camping gear and hey presto cheap accomidation and food.

Archived