goin places! ha!

Jake Stevens

i gotta job djing in a club in my area they wanted a 'hip hop night' so i was thinking this could be good then he gave me a CD of stuff i have to base my set on.. the club is more like a chill out room.. not a dance floor just like load a beanie seats and alcoves.. moneys good so i now asking your advice on similar songs that are not gay commercial songs.. stuff with a decent beat

beyonce-deja vu

Rhianna-sos

nelly futardo-promiscous/maneater

Busta-i love my chick

Field Mob-so what

T-pain

Neyo

i already explained only busta hiphop the rest all r'n'b! no need to point it out anyone!

its a job i gonna ease in more my own choice but have to start off with something that they like so i get more freedom from them..

so jus post up songs..

thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

they want you to dj shit music.

i say you spin some cannibal corpse instead.

you thought it was over its not over i came back i brought my axe

in the shadows alone in the dark my victims are stalked

this is my 1234 post word

Go for the more rediculuos r&b songs: R. Kelly- The closet song

add some songs that could almost pass: ODB- Baby I got your money

and some random eletro-pop: eurythmics- sweet dreams and scratch on them a bit.

and your set. The end. collect your check and get referals.

listen to this too. It might give you some good ideas this guys very talented and his mashups are lots of fun to listen too: DJ Reset

Yo if its a more mellow/lounge atmosphere I'd suggest artits such as...

Talib Kweli/Mos Def/Little Brother/Common/Erykah Badu/Gotan Project/Gnarls Barkley/Ghostface feat. Neyo might work/Galactic (only a few songs from thje Rukus album, though)/RJD2 and the likes... Or you can always play it safe with the "Golden Era" hip hop joints?

there is no dance floor as such more like a clear area that people dance in if they in the mood.. have my first hour set on sunday night.. the owner wants me to do a few hour slots to see how it goes.. i made a cd of few of the songs put a load of chris brown, rihanna, beyonce, kelis, missy elliot, biggie, R.Kelly and few more so i actually enjoyed the set TI/young Jeezy also put in that E40 song i have that about 2months a remix with kanye and the game which led to kanye, pharrell, and gonna finish off with some talib/john legend the dj straight after me does a jazz and blues styled set so i gonna ease him in form mine..

hopefully it works.. thanks for the songs keep'em coming!