Goin' Acoustic

KaBar2

Lately I've noticed that there is a lot more music around from people who don't play electrified instruments. They are amplified, of course, but the instruments themselves are acoustic. Since I've started trying to learn how to play the banjo (boy, am I bad) it's piqued my interest. Anybody else notice this? I'd love to be able to make my own music--no electricity required, just me and a five-string. (Sigh.) It will take years to get there, I think.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i own 4 electric guitars... i just got my first acoustic a few weeks ago... sitting on my front steps with a beer and the guitar is the most fun i've had in a long while...

and banjos are a lot of fun... my dad has one... it's easy to sound like you kinda know what you're doing, but to actually play well they're a damn hard instrument... but still fun...

its all about sampling and making your own music without using real instruments. unless you consider software to be an 'instrument.'

latel'y ive fallen in love with classical music. it has such a charm to it that no other style can match. (especially pop-garbage)

• 2 weeks later...

yea acoustic is ok. its defiantly adds alot of body to a band, my band has one and when we play with out it, it just isnt the same. Nylon string is where its at in my book though old spanish guitar crazy finger picking i cant get enough of it. Banjo has to be the my favorite out of every guitar like instrument i was thinking bout picking one up but there so damn expensive.

oh check out my band if you like

www.tenetmusic.com

acoustic is the way. i been playing since i was 10, (the guitar and banjo) i love metal, hardcore, punk, blues etc... but my roots are in bluegrass and old country. playing for about 11 or 12 years acoustic and only acoustic is all i know.

"bluegrass isnt bluegrass without martin guitars."

Angelofdeath

What kind of banjo do you play? I've got two (neither one of which I can play very well.) One is a no-name resonator that is made out of bakelite (some odd kind of brown plastic) with a wooden neck. I think it is actually a Silvertone, at least it sort of looks like it.

The other one I bought on eBay. It's an Iida (EE-dah), made in Japan. It's a pretty good banjo, needs a little work though.

Oh, so far as I know I've neber been on fark (whatever that is.)

Archived