godspeed you black emporer! appreciation thread.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i will take this oppurtunity to say that "HORSE the band" is the geatest thing since sliced bread. maybe since i was just turned on to them im caught up in the novelty.... But shit. if you like hardcore type genres of music and are nostalgic for nintendo 8 bit tracks. wow.

oh yea godspeed is good too, everysong is a swaying sea or rollercoaster of rock. fucking rock that is.

Guest im not witty

yes i am grateful to those who list bands that i would never hear about otherwise. most of the good songs i found from HTB were on soulseek. and have long elaborate names like legend of the last zygon water nymphologicon, or some weird shit.

and to once again steer back towards the topic, the godspeed you black emporer song i am listening to right now is moya.

aye, some band alright, amazing live, the super 8 stuff and stills they use when they play really fit the music...some of the other bands on Constellation are worth checking too, A Silver Mount Zion is a side-project with just 3 members of Godspeed, more strings and a bit mellower, the LP 'He Has Left Us Alone...' is well recommended

to pull out specific songs with this band is tuff....

they put out cds with 4 songs, like 20 minutes a song......

they require a certain taste of music and a certain mood but they are a great band to just sit and listen too....

i myself like sketching to the cds.....

beardo should be in here any moment.......

yeah, thanks to beardo for letting me know about these guys like 2 years ago or something...what a guy.

'Sleep' is the jam. As is the 'Dead Flag Blues'.

I slightly regret passing up the opp. to see these guys live..

And 'For Want Of' by Rites of Spring is the greatest song ever written.

to steal someone elses comment..

"GYBE is the soundtrack to a rainy day"

i dont know the names of any songs, but that 2 track EP with the dude ranting about going to court is my favorite.

i don't see the point in downloading their songs. i'm glad that i've bought their stuff because of the packaging - screenprinted sleeves, a canadian penny flattened by a train etc. amazing. plus the vinyl version of f#a#infinity probably can't be found online...

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by seeking

my pick is 'MOYA'

thats the track beards is talking about, with the guy ranting about court.

My favorite GSYBE song.. Along with the one with the Native American man talking about how 'the car is on fire and there is no driver at the wheel...' I think its 'Dead Flag Blues'.

What do you guys think of their latest album, 'Yanqui U.X.O.'? I think its good but I like their older stuff better.

I would give my third nipple to see them live. *sigh*

aye you have to buy the vinyl, their packaging is something else, f#a#infinity is the best for it, but i still don't really know the names of any of the songs

the thing i found slightly disappointing about Yanqui U.X.O. is the lack of samples and radio noise etc. which gives the other records a lot of the atmosphere, but it was produced by steve 'uses and endorses heroin' albini, so of course it's still fucking good

think i'll go listen to it now actually, cheers

i've been wanting to start this thread, but i figured everyone would just call me names.

not really, i just really cut back on posting at channel zero.

i was listening to gathering storm right when i came here and saw this thread.

i feel you, seeking. i go to bed every night listening to them too

Archived