Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Godspeed You Black Emperor

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by xgoldfrontsx, Jul 25, 2002.

1. xgoldfrontsx

xgoldfrontsx New Jack

Does anyone listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor??? If not, you should because they're fucking amazing! I'm listening to "Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven" right now. No, they're not a Christian band. Very Orchestrated music, a lot of building and energy. All instrumental with lots of rad samples.

2. beardo

beardo Guest

love em

i'll eventually end up with every album by every artist on their label

check out Do Make Say Think '& yet & yet'

3. juggernaut

juggernaut Member

awesome stuff right here.
    yes.

4. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Amazing stuff......East Hastings is the shit.......

5. aymet one

aymet one Member

Thumbs up. Fucking rad.

6. and now you choke

and now you choke Elite Member

! !!!!! !!! !!! !!!! ! !! !

check out A silver mt. zion

7. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

check out Set Fire to Flames. its old Godspeed i think. they're good anyways.

thanks again Beard.

8. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

a fabulous group....ive definatly been enjoying that stuff a lot latley

a lot better than that hip hop shit....

9. xgoldfrontsx

xgoldfrontsx New Jack

I wasn't all that into A Silver Mt. Zion. They were kinda boring live too. I have the Set Fire to Flames CD and I'm not all into that either. I think I only like Godspeed. I listened to "Slow Riot..." yesterday before going painting. The best to listen to before a mission.

10. alkaline

alkaline Elite Member

You've probably heard of Mogwai too. If you're into that kind of stuff, check out Explosions in the Sky (here is their website). they are from Austin, and they rule. Also, check out Winslow (here is their website) ... also from Austin.

11. optimodub

optimodub Junior Member

love Godspeed You Black Emperor & A Silver Mount Zion, both amazing live...GSYBE had amazing visuals behind them when they played too, scratchy black & white 8mm films of trainyards and stuff like that, totally fitted the music...i got the Set Fire To Flames LP thinking it would be more of the same, but it was shite, only liked one song on it so sold it...dying to hear more Do Make Say Think though, and i got some Fly Pan Am which is not bad too...my mate is going for most of the stuff on that Constellation label, Frankie Sparo is another one who's worth a listen, and Sputniks Down too...as for Mogwai, my top recommendation is their single 'My Father My King', 20 minutes of Steve Albini produced noise based on a jewish hymn, fucking amazing...also if you're into that droning stoned rock sound, Spacemen 3's album 'Playing With Fire' is excellent too, some beautiful songs and a couple of dirty full on garage rock ones, in my top 5 albums...think i'll go listen to some God Speed You Black Emperor now...