Godspeed You Black Emperor

xgoldfrontsx

Does anyone listen to Godspeed You Black Emperor??? If not, you should because they're fucking amazing! I'm listening to "Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven" right now. No, they're not a Christian band. Very Orchestrated music, a lot of building and energy. All instrumental with lots of rad samples.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest beardo

love em

i'll eventually end up with every album by every artist on their label

check out Do Make Say Think '& yet & yet'

I wasn't all that into A Silver Mt. Zion. They were kinda boring live too. I have the Set Fire to Flames CD and I'm not all into that either. I think I only like Godspeed. I listened to "Slow Riot..." yesterday before going painting. The best to listen to before a mission.

love Godspeed You Black Emperor & A Silver Mount Zion, both amazing live...GSYBE had amazing visuals behind them when they played too, scratchy black & white 8mm films of trainyards and stuff like that, totally fitted the music...i got the Set Fire To Flames LP thinking it would be more of the same, but it was shite, only liked one song on it so sold it...dying to hear more Do Make Say Think though, and i got some Fly Pan Am which is not bad too...my mate is going for most of the stuff on that Constellation label, Frankie Sparo is another one who's worth a listen, and Sputniks Down too...as for Mogwai, my top recommendation is their single 'My Father My King', 20 minutes of Steve Albini produced noise based on a jewish hymn, fucking amazing...also if you're into that droning stoned rock sound, Spacemen 3's album 'Playing With Fire' is excellent too, some beautiful songs and a couple of dirty full on garage rock ones, in my top 5 albums...think i'll go listen to some God Speed You Black Emperor now...

Archived