God?

bobthebuilder

First off I want to say that I was baptized and I was quite religious till about 13 when I started noticing things.

I for one think if God exists he is evil.. He created everything and has the power to do anything he wants, yet he lets little children die from hunger. He lets wars continue wiping out millions over the years.

Ive also prooved to myself that praying doesnt work and I have proof. People have been praying for world peace since the beginning of time, yet there was never world peace. EVER.

Lay your thoughts...dont flame others opinions of God and what not.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be interesting..

Maybe it's only my view, but whatever 'god' is, he/she/it is a creator for all things.. To put blame on someone other than man himself for man's destructive nature(or inherant bellicosity if you will), is utterly laughable.. Men fear what they don't understand, and when people get scared they'll do anything to get that control back.. This goes for money, land and religion..

How many wars have been started without these three things playing a part in it?

he wasnt blaming all the fucked up stuff on god. He was saying if what we learn in our schools is true about God then he is evil and plays a big role in what goes on in the world. If there is a God he should step in and save some innocent people

I personaly dont think he exists or what we think we know about him is wrong.

he wasnt blaming all the fucked up stuff on god. He was saying if what we learn in our schools is true about God then he is evil and plays a big role in what goes on in the world. If there is a God he should step in and save some innocent people. If there is a God why doesnt he tame the human Beast. If there is a God why would he let these terrible wars go on in his name? And I think religion is fucked up because theres so much violence, controversy, disagreemen, and segragation [not necassarily racial segregatio] because of Religion and i think we would be better off without it.

I personaly dont think he exists or at least what we think we know about him is wrong.

but if its gods job to step in and save the world from everyones issues that does fucked up stuff wouldnt that completely override freewill?

and if there is such a thing as karma and reincarnation think about how good those folks are going to have it in their next life. theres alot of people that live in israel that vividly remember being held and murdered in concentration camps by the nazis in their "past life", if this is true and not just thousands of people having mental issues i guess that would prove that the torture and torment doesnt last forever. what if its some kind of retribution for something they have done in the past or that they will do in future lifetimes. no matter where you live in the world there are problems. in some places its starvation and others aids, some places its oppression and others

tsunamis. its also kinda difficult to talk about god when the world is completely divided by who or what god actually is. i guess the only thing that all the world religions can agree on right now is that this is the end of the world so maybe that explains all the crap that going on right now, or maybe the end of the world just signifies the end of existence as we know it in a materialist based society and we really are ushering in the era of christ conciousness. if thats the case maybe we really are in store for alot more of this crap over the next 1-200 years until most of the population of the world has been deseeded and its small enough to take a revolution in conciousness like that and make it stick. now wouldnt that be fucked up if that was gods plan...to kill everyone in order to make everybody whos left superhumans. i dont know man, gods intense stuff. i think that its impossible for any one religion to coin god as what god actually is. i think every religion has a piece of the puzzle and its up to us as individuals to figure out what god means to us. and whatever that happens to be in our minds to try to find a good solid relationship with it.

for the most part i think you just die and thats it. nothing more.

but i dunno..there is some wild fucking shit out there.

what about those statues that cry blood? my mom was telling me when she was a youngin this lady came here from mexico because she was going to some ceremony because she was about to reach some high religous status and she was staying with my grandmoms friend. the night she got here there was a HUGE ass storm..and the lady died in her sleep.

did she die? or did god take her because she had reached this religous status? hmm.

i work with a guy who is currently doing his masters in theology and going to become an ordained minister. he would blow you guys out of the water with the level of detail he can break things down.

i mostly pick his brain about the history of things, but inevitably that leads to philisophical discussion. even though you may think it is as simple as saying 'god is evil because he lts people starve'. trust me, after talking to this guy, you will know the concept of 'god' and his/her/its relation to us mere mortals can never be that simple.

i come to 12oz all the time, and after reading this i decided it was time for me to comment.

i, personally dont think thers a god..i dont like to think that thers some one out there deciding what goes on, and whenever he feels like he will come down to earth and take away his followers

is it just me or do religious people seem to live their life in fear

i lov living my lifethey way i want , doing the things i chose to do without worrying about the reprocutions of what might happen if i dont go and ask for forgiveness(im not saying i do anything thats horrible, im just making a point)

and another thing--all the wars that have lead out in the name of god were just using god as an excuse--people shouldnt be fighting over their opinions--its when diehards take it to far and decide that everyone should think like they do---doesent work for me

and yes , if ther wasa god, i dont think he would have let the tsunami hit --thast fucked up