Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

**GOD SON**

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by THUMB WRESTL, Dec 13, 2002.

1. THUMB WRESTL

THUMB WRESTL Member

let's talk about nas's new up coming album, who's predicting an ill fucking record like i am? i think this shit is going to be one of his best yet! off the hook status, grimey as fuck, make you wanna wild out and smack yo momma type shit! anyone caught that article he had in the new theSOURCE, atleast i think it was the source, might be mistaken, but he was talkin' on some crazy shit, about how he was about to start handling his beef in nyc OFF wax, trippin' because his moms had passed, but he's cool now.

shit's going to be a dope album, can't wait to get it... THEY SHOOTIN'

I MADE YOU LOOK!!!

2. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

FUCK NAS!!!

3. sneak

sneak Guest

it could be sick
    it could be shit

4. PHYNE

PHYNE Guest

:cool: cant wait......

5. That "Made You Look" single has been on heavy rotation on my iTunes for the past month. God bless that Apache break. Beer,

El Mamerro

6. i have tried to support nas, and have faith in him....

but him talking about idolizing hitler has left me a little less supportive, and wondering what the fuck is he really thinking

"god son" dont do it for me

7. yoink

yoink Elite Member

wtf???:confused: hmm havent heard bout that ...like sneak said could be good could be shit.

8. dojafx

dojafx Member

i already have god's son, and let me tell you, its fucking dope as hell

and about the hitler thing, that wasnt nas, he has a track on god's son with this cat whos name is Lake, and Lake says "i'm like a modern day hitler, black guerrilla, crip and blood in one nigga"

9. dojafx

dojafx Member

and the magazine you were refering to, i believe was XXL where he talked about nature getting stomped haha

10. word?

http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=4117

Nas Looks Up To Hitler?
    written by Jesus Trivino
    Wednesday - December 11, 2002

QB emcee Nas, who this year has delivered his share of shocking comments, said he admired Adolf Hitler in an interview with SOHH.com at a listening session for his upcoming LP. The comment, published in an article in the Dec. 10th edition of SOHH.com Daily Hip-Hop News, generated a rash of emails from Nas fans lamenting him for his statement and criticizing SOHH.com for publishing the comment out of context.

The Hitler comment was made as Nas described "Masterminds," a track from God's Son. "It's telling about people I look up to," Nas said. "[People like] Genghis Khan, Hitler, Nat Turner, J. Edgar Hoover, Huey Newton, all different types of motherf#@$ers. Some demonic, some of them are children of God. You gotta be a mastermind to survive in this world."

SOHH.com contacted Nas' label, Sony, to get a comment or further elaboration from Nas on the controversial statement. At press time the Sony rep said he was "not clear at the direction" Nas was coming from.

Aside from his questionable role models, Nasty also detailed the meaning behind his album title. He said he truly feels a close connection to God and criticized Jay-Z for calling himself Hova.

"When you call yourself Jay-Hova even though it's a Greek Latin word, it's still attached to something that's attached to the higher power in some way," he said. "But when you embrace it yourself to call yourself Him and when you think that you bigger than Him...I humble myself and that's why I can say things like 'there is no best rapper.'"

You can hear Nas elaborate on Hitler, Jay-Z and more on his new album, "God's Son" hitting stores this Friday.

11. THUMB WRESTL

THUMB WRESTL Member

thats right, it was XXL, ahahahhaa that was a great fucking read! nas was wiggin' out for a whole second..

12. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

NAS GARGLES SCROTUM...AND HE LIKES IT!!!

13. angry xbox

angry xbox Guest

nah nah nah

I just got done listening to the entire album and let me say....

DOPE DOPE SICK AWESOME VERY VERY WORD!!!

I mean these beats is whilin' and most of it sounds like old school samplin!!!

anyhow

PEEP my productions company's shit at

www.soundclick.com

search motormouth productions

we got three albums dropping in january and you need to peep our shit all original all independent with many different styles.

14. WhAt_dA_fUcK

WhAt_dA_fUcK Senior Member

Re: word?

regardless how fucked up to say it....it is true.....they one way or another end up putting there names in everybodies minds......i support nas he has some bad ass lyrics...some crazy some not but i generally stick towards the crazy songs

15. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

hopefully it'll be dope