Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

go fuck yourself, syria

Discussion in 'News' started by watson, Aug 31, 2013.

1. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

fuck you so much for being faggots
    you had to use chemical weapons and get our attention
    now we're going to have war with another stupid country
    we're going to waste money and lose troops, FOR NOTHING
    just as we're getting ready to "leave" afganistan [which will never really happen]
    this shit has to happen. leave it to the fucking united nations to sort out
    russia will hate us if we intervene, great

2. Port-a-John Enthusiast

Port-a-John Enthusiast New Jack

3. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

from 1 tic tac to 11.. i've got the power

4. Port-a-John Enthusiast

Port-a-John Enthusiast New Jack

I try not to brag, but i have the power to take a compliment.

5. Walid Jumblat

Walid Jumblat Senior Member

Ah..., I think you should check the news, mate.

Don't think you'll be going in any time soon and not sure the US would have lost any troops in there when all it was ever really going to be was a few cruise missiles and maybe a bunker buster or two.

..... and you really think Russia ever stopped hating you?

6. injury

injury 12oz Loyalist

Very excited to shoot missiles into syria aimed at targets that have been long stripped of anything worth shooting missiles at

7. watson

watson 12oz Loyalist

i highly doubt we will only shoot missiles
    if and when we do, we will have to put troops on the ground to thoroughly check for those chemical weapons used against civilians

8. McLovin

McLovin Senior Member

I heard it wasn't syria who used the weapons

9. Walid Jumblat

@ Watson - If I was able to I'd bet whatever you were willing to put up that that^^^^ is not the way it will/would have gone down.

I mean look at the assets they have deployed in the region right now - keeping in mind that they were basically planning to launch right about now if everything had gone to plan.

The have a bunch of Arleigh Burkes and more than likely an attack sub. These vessels carry guided missiles, not marines. There are no carriers deployed in range of the fighters prepped and ready to launch and there are no support assets (food, medical, fuel, etc.) setting up for a deployment.

Can't deploy troops when they or their logistics are not there to be deployed. Lastly, the White House was speaking and leaking very, very clearly about a punitive strike, which the assets in the region are configured for, not a decapitative strike or any kind of operation to take out/contain the chems Syria retains.

Mobilising and putting troops on the ground would take a deployment of tens of thousands of troops in terms of they guys on the ground and the logistics to support them and shit like that isn't something you can miss. It's simply not even being prepared for, let alone taking place right now.

10. McLovin

McLovin Senior Member

11. Walid Jumblat

"British parliament calling out war propaganda" ..., ah, no, that's not what they did at all.

"Imperialist war hawk faction", "Complicit corporate dinosaur mainstream media", "concerted Zionist agenda" well, that sounds like dispassionate, objective analysis!

Cites some document from a private org that talks about the Mid East dividing up in to ethnic states, as opposed to the artificial borders drawn up by European colonial powers and somehow that is a peace that supports Israeli purposes. Ah, yeah, certainly sounds like a kind of peace the Arabs of the Mid East would be pretty keen on as well. But this dude only seems to want to look at things from a Zionist conspiracy perspective.

Iran/Iraq/Syria pipeline to Europe. Really? That's more of a threat to Russia than anyone else. Look in to Nabucco and South Stream, for a very clear and easy to understand example of Russian energy politics in Europe. Basically, Russia is the major energy supplier to Europe and uses this to leverage its foreign policy agenda there. If they are displaced by another provider Russia's national interests are massively undermined. So why would the US want to stop that and why would Russia support Syria in this conflict? That's against basic and very clear geopolitics.

The US would like to see Syria pulled from Iranian alignment because after the US fucked up in Iraq and handed it to Iran, there existed a Shiite crescent from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean. Of course Iran's competitors, US, KSA, Turkey, Qatar, Egypt, Etc., do not want to see Iran in such a controlling position, of course they are going to act to break Syria away from Iran. I don't think that's surprising or secret in anyway, it's basic geopolitics, the same way states, tribes and kingdoms have acted since time immemorial.

No Shia being forced on the Sunnis by Bashar and his father? WTF?! Hafez al Assad killed 10,000 Sunnis in Hama province using artillery and tanks only a few decades back, all on film, which no one in the world disputes!??! You've got to be kidding me, this is ridiculous and I'm not wasting my time with this anymore.

there are some really blatant and simple historical facts and current issues that these blokes are completely ignorant of and I find it very difficult to see this shit as even slightly credible.

McLovin, here's nothing wrong with alternative media at all and it's very, very healthy to be cynical and critical of the MSM. However make sure that you have a strong understanding of history and geopolitics (geography, economy, technology, demographics) yourself before you start forming strong opinions of very complex issues. If you don't have that foundation of your own it's difficult to have a well calibrated bullshit detector.

Remember, alternative media can and often is full of shit just as much as the mainstream media is.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  12. McLovin

McLovin Senior Member

Well then.. fuck it. I guess I'll just go back to playing my xbox then.. peace.

13. RIPS

RIPS Veteran Member

[​IMG]

ten years later, this time not even necessary to do the show at the un

14. Walid Jumblat

However, there hasn't actually been any military action yet. Y'all are acting like it's already occurred.

Actually, the Iraq debacle is probably as great an influence on this situation as Vietnam was from the 80s to the 2000s. That's why the UK parliament voted against a strike, that's why hardly any countries at all are backing a strike and that's why Obama is taking this to Congress than going ahead himself.

I'm pretty confident in saying that unless there is a major shift, such as another large scale chem attack (or credible accusation of) or similar, there will be no US led military attack on Syria.

Look how badly everyone is backing off now. There is no coalition of the willing, the UK has basically ruled out participating and Obama is throwing it to Congress so he can delay and diffuse his responsibility. If it was going to happen it would have taken place already.

15. thietkelogo

thietkelogo New Jack

I heard it wasn't syria who used the weapons.

xen likes this.