GNR Comeback?

Guest Canadiano

Guest Canadiano

Who knows what? All i know is that on Much Music they said that the Guns and Roses were performing at Leeds. Does that mean anything? I'm not an expert by any means, so hopefully someone on this board knows.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

the ONLY original member of GNR who has anything to do with this 'comeback' is Axl Rose.

All the other guys bailed because they wern't about 'beating a dead horse'.

gnr_worldtour.jpg

On August 12th Guns N' Roses founder and lead vocalist, W. Axl Rose, arrived in China for the start of the band's "Chinese Democracy" World Tour. Guns N' Roses will be performing on August 14th at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Center.

In addition to Hong Kong the first leg of the tour includes headlining appearances in Tokyo and Osaka for Japan's Summer Sonic Festival; Pukkelpop Festival in Belgium as well as The Leeds Festival and London Docklands Arena in the UK.

A few hours before his flight Axl conducted a brief interview from which the following excerpts are provided:

On launching the tour in China:

"It's a dream realized. A dream come true. The right time, the right place and the whole thing came about by chance. I guess it's meant to be. This was something we could not turn down. The most exciting thing is getting the band out there to begin doing some shows and these are some big shows. It's a way for us to play for a lot of people and have a lot of fun. It's also a warm up so we can have an understanding of how to start our Fall tour. And that's a warm up for the Spring tour. This thing is starting now and much like Use Your Illusions that went for two and a half years, this thing is going to go off and on for the next two or three years and we'll see how it goes. We're really looking forward to seeing all the different people in the different countries and this is a great opportunity."

For those who may not be familiar with the new band lineup:

"Okay, let's see. We have Mini Me and Nipsy Russell and Charles Nelson Riley and Colin Powell. Just kidding. It's nearly the same as it's been; Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Chris Pitman (keyboards), Brain (drums), Buckethead N' Robin (guitar), Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar) and myself. I'm very excited to do these shows. Being at the rehearsals with the guys was just really exciting.

Regarding those who are skeptical as to whether or not Guns N' Roses will actually be performing:

"To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can't pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it. I feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside! But seriously...this is our tour. This is a collection of performances I've agreed to. That I have personally authorized not someone else's good intentions gone awry or a reckless promoter's personal agenda. These shows are important to us and for better or worse we'll be there. For those who've had my back and are down by us with even a modicum of understanding we hope to give you our best, and look forward to seeing you on this little intro jaunt."

Guns N' Roses will go back into the studio immediately following the aforementioned dates to put the final touches on the forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album.

Regarding the work in progress Axl commented as follows:

"I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again. There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater.

Archived